Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: American Light Lager

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 113 | Ratings: 325
2.7/5  rDev +14.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Light straw. Smallest hint of light malt on the nose. Same in the flavor. Wow, that's a boring beer. Slightest spice. Technically refreshing but so is water.

3.2/5  rDev +35.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Poured from can into a pint glass

Appearance – The beer is pours a light golden color with a billowy white head of fizzy foam. The head fades very fast to leave a light level of foamy lace on the sides of the glass.

Smell – The aroma of the beer is light overall, but consists of some cracker and bread as well as a bit of corn and caramel sweetness. There is a little bit of light hop as well as some light papery aromas.

Taste – The taste begins light and crisp with a cracker and lightly corn and caramel sweetened taste. The tastes are light upfront (appropriate for a light brew) and continue so throughout. There is a little loss of sweetness as the taste advances and along with some increases in a grassy hop and a little bit of grainy malt flavor, one is left with a light and crisp taste to linger on the tongue.

Mouthfeel – The body of the brew is quite light and thin with a carbonation level that is high. For the light brew style the feel is great and makes this an easy drinking session style brew overall.

Overall – For the style this is a rather decent light adjunct. Not super flavorful, but low cal, easy drinking, crisp, and sessionable.

1.7/5  rDev -28%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Smells distractingly of moscato and tennis balls. Looks like pale clear straw, no head. Tastes like sparkling water. This is why you never drink light beer.

3.35/5  rDev +41.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Appearance
Medium straw yellow, one finger head, no head retention

Aroma
Faint aroma of pale malt and grassy hops. Clean and inoffensive

Flavor
Light, clean grains, slight maltiness. Not much hop character to speak of. Seltzer finish

Mouthfeel
Very light and fizzy. Thirst quenching

Overall
What Bud Light wants to be when it grows up; A more nuanced version of an Anheuser-Busch rice-containing light domestic lager

2.95/5  rDev +25%

Drank from a 12 ounce can. Scores are based on the style.

Look - The white can doesn't do it for me, and the logo using a different font for each word seems too hodgepodged.

Smell - A slight sweetness on a distant wind. Typical light beer smell.

Taste - A little dirtier and more bitter than I usually expect from a light beer. Not that bad.

Feel - Thin body, heavy carbonation. What else would you expect?

Overall - I'll admit, I'm a Miller person normally when it comes to light beer, but this one is up there. Far better than Bud, Coors, and Busch.

2.89/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Poured cold from 16-ounce aluminum bottle into a vintage lager flute. Crystal clear pale yellow in color, with a white head that disappeared after only a couple of seconds. Light malts on the nose and palate, with grassy and herbal notes and a little tart cider as it warms. Light in body, good carbonation, crisp finish. Not the worst light lager out there by any means. This has a bit of old-world character that makes it a decent food beer.

4.5/5  rDev +90.7%

Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch. Poured from the can into a pint glass, this brew's got a two finger thick head, spotty lacing, and a clear light gold body.

Smells like mellower grains and malts.

I taste full-bodied malts and grains, but its pretty light and smooth going down.

Light mouthfeel with mild carbonation.

I'll give Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch a 4.5. Much more flavorful 99% of light beers I've tried.

4.51/5  rDev +91.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Michelob Golden Draft Light brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 4.10% This brew pours out a nice Light golden amber color with a small white head. Really spotty lacing to this brew, it does stick to the glass. The smell is rich with grains and malts. There are also some faint hops in the smell of this brew. It has the smell of most American light Lager brews on the market. Not saying that is a bad thing. Now for the taste, it is rich and strong with flavors. I really enjoy the flavors in this brew. For being a light brew, it has some balls behind it. Reminds me of a regular brew more than a light brew. You pick up on some nice smooth grians and malts in the taste of this brew. For being a light brew, it has a lot going for it. To me this is what Light brew should taste like. This is a nice bold light bodied brew. There is nothing overpowering about this brew, it has a super nice balance to it. Overall I'm giving Michelob Golden Draft Light a 4.50 out 5. I would definitely look this brew up again givin the chance to. This is one of Anheuser-Busch, best keep brews. If you get a chance to try this brew, look it up and review it as an light brew. This brew is in a limited market you can not get anywhere...

1.58/5  rDev -33.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

A: served draught at the brewery in St. Louis, golden straw colored, very little white head, clear

S: water

T: soap, slight grain, water

M: water

O: no wonder I've never seen it before

1.43/5  rDev -39.4%

L: slightly darker than water, almost clear
A: pungent raw ingredients
T: almost none
F: like water, easy drinking and not filling.
O: it's cold, and drinkable.

2.82/5  rDev +19.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Tapped fresh from the tank at Anheuser Busch, this is one AB product that I cannot find in California. I curiously took the chance I received, even though being in the same family as Natural LIght, Bud Light, and Michelob Ultra are enough to second guess my thought. On to the beer:

To be blunt, Michelob Golden Draft Light kicks the snot out of its "light/ultra" stablemates. It brings a little ray of hope in the form of light grain with a clean finish and no nasty off-flavors. While it wouldn't convince me to come back from the world of porters and hefeweizens, seeing this at a friend's party would be a huge upgrade from the common swill I stumble upon.

2.98/5  rDev +26.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

I never drink light beer and almost never drink macros, but I was on a farmhouse porch, summer was coming to an end, I was staring out at the sun setting over rows and rows of corn, and the "crafty" options were all pretty boring so I figured, what the hell. For what it is, it wasn't bad at all...easy, clean, and some good light two-row maltiness.

1.99/5  rDev -15.7%

Weak looking yellow, 1/3" white head on it. Nothing going on in the aroma department.

Taste was equally missing. Nothing off flavor, just no flavor going on. Low alcohol, low beer qualities.

A lot of water going on here, and not much else. The ribbed bottles were funny stuff.

A-Pours a straw color with a slight head and lacing
A-Aroma has slight grain hints
T-The taste follows the nose with a slight grain flavor
M-A light bodied decently carbonated beer
O-A mediocre lager

2.4/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours light straw color with a quickly dissappearing white foam cap. Fizzy and thin - not much flavor or aroma - a little bit of apple and some light grains. My inlaws drink this - I had trouble finishing half a can.

This beer is for people who don't like good beer. This is the crap that is left in my fridge by the people I know that drink crap. I usually give it to the dog, but he doesn't like it either.

3.74/5  rDev +58.5%

Now I'm not a light beer drinker at all. By light beer I'm speaking of diet beer. By diet beer I'm speaking of any beer that professes to have less calories or carbs than......well.....beer that's not thinking of those things. Right? Isn't Bud Light and Mich Ultra and Miller Lite and any beer that uses the term "light" really a diet beer?
How do you think one of those manly American iconic beers would have gone over to the masses back in their inception if they were called Diet beer? What about Mich or Ultra Slim?
Anyway I hate these watered down reproductions of American Lager (Lawn Mower Beer) and just want to put that out here right now. I do love my Banquet Beer (Coors Original) and do not knock regular Budweiser, Miller, etc. I just hate the fact they came up with this lighter is better BS (and this after prohibition when it was originally watered down) and make more money on it than any other product they sell. I've homebrewed, pub brewed, micro brewed so I do like real beer. IPA is my love.

Anyway I work in a warehouse at a beer distributorship. One of the guys unloading trucks found some lose cans of Mich Golden Draft Light and gave me one to try. I said ok, what the hell. I just opened it and poured it into an British Pint Dimpled Mug.

Over all the big American diet beers I have tried I would have to say I would probably prefer this one to any other. It does have flavor even with being stripped or watered down. When I poured it it was at about 37 degrees and was very light on the palate and smooth from front to back. At the end of the glass as it warmed up I was still enjoying it and hated myself for it.

I don't buy diet beer and still don't' plan on it but if I HAD TO HAVE ONE it would for now be this one.

Remember friends, I didn't say I liked it, just that I can drink it. My scores are based on others of this style I have tried.

3.25/5  rDev +37.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I've only had this on tap so I can't say anything about any other formats. There's nothing wrong with the flavor. It is pretty light, but that makes it really easy to drink.

3.44/5  rDev +45.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.5

This is an excellent light beer. Way better than Bud or Coors. Has a nice, crisp taste, though it is watery. Supremely smooth. My favorite light beer besides Sam Adams Light.

3.79/5  rDev +60.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

From a 12oz ice cold bottle. Clean and refreshing. Not much beer flavor. Slightly metallic. This is what I grew up on so I can't hate it. Still a good beer, goes down way to easy, could easily drink about 10

2.53/5  rDev +7.2%

12 fl oz. can, with canned on date August 16, 2014 printed on the bottom of the can. Another cheap adjunct riddled beer from Anheuser-Busch. Gifted to me from my neighbor. Thanks, I guess.

Poured into a La Fin Du Monde tulip glass.

A - It pours a clear gold colored body with about a finger of fizzy white head that thins to a ring. It doesn't look horrible, but it's nothing special. 3

S - The smell is comprised of the usual suspects - cheap adjuncts / grains / wheat, yeasty, with some alcohol fumes & a slight sour note. 2.5

T - Taste is the same - grainy / wheaty / corny / adjuncty. A very generic "beer" sort of aftertaste; it actually reminds me a bit of Miller Lite at times. Not offensive, but there isn't much going on here. 2.5

M - The feel is crisp and clean. Exceptionally smooth and easy drinking with the low 4.10% abv. 2.5

Overall, it is what it is - another cheap inoffensive light adjunct lager. Definitely drinkable, but not unique or memorable. Would I have it again? I suppose so, but I definitely wouldn't go out of my way for it. Another tick from the bottom of the barrel with plenty more to go!

Michelob Golden Light -----2.5/5

2.98/5  rDev +26.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.75

I'll start this review off by saying that this is the quintessential light beer. Why? It has flavor, is unoffensive, and is even a bit creamy. I'll grab a Michelob Golden Light almost any time I feel like a beer, but not a BEER beer, you know? Great with tuna sandwiches, pizza, hamburgers, casseroles, spaghetti... anything. Next to water I drink Michelob Golden Light the most, especially with meals. And after a lawn mowing session or snow scooping session? Only beer that beats that is Rolling Rock, my friends.

But alas, I must dissect one of my favorite beers...

Appearance (2.5) - Foamy white two finger head that recedes to 1 finger within a minute and then slowly eats away to a ring. The body is very clear, pale straw to almost water.

Smell (2.5) - Musty grains, sweet corn, metallic vegetable, small hint of overly ripe bananas and sliced pineapple at the end.

Taste (3) - A rush of corn and mild barley notes hits first, with some grassy notes and a little bit of malted banana at the end. There is a sour funk to it that the original Light does not have, however it's easy to drink.

Mouthfeel (3.75) - Super carbonated, a touch of smooth, and ends faintly semi-dry. Just right for its style.

Overall - Again, on average I probably drink more Michelob Golden Light than any other beer from any other brewer. I buy this in the cases. It's just so easy, grab it and don't think, it's just great with anything...and flavorful, everything is just right. It is, in my opinion, the ideal light beer.

This is a great refreshing, light, crisp beer. As far as Macro goes, this is one of the best and is great for filling a cooler for a summer day.

Would Drink Again: Yes
Would Purchase Again: Yes

Sampling right now on 3/5/14. Had this one a few times before. It's a Mid-West brew and never seen it back in Florida. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a handled glass stein.

Pours a lighter-yellow in color with a small fizzy white head that settles down to mostly the sides of the glass.. Not much of a aroma actually, just some grain with light hops. Carbonation is above normal but not bad. Taste was about the same but is a little on the watery side but I like this one and not a fan overall for Bud products.

2.45/5  rDev +3.8%

As far as commercial light lagers go this isn't a bad one but it is what it is. Unfortunately for me this is the wife's prefered brew so I have to drink it sometimes. I've become used to drinking this on a hot day where is more of something to keep the throat from getting dry than it is to enjoy drinkning.

On a really hot day and if it is very cold it can be tolerated and even can be refreshing.

Michelob Golden Draft Light from Anheuser-Busch