Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 01-24-2002

4.5/5  rDev +88.3%

4.28/5  rDev +79.1%

Sampling right now on 3/5/14. Had this one a few times before. It's a Mid-West brew and never seen it back in Florida. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a handled glass stein.

Pours a lighter-yellow in color with a small fizzy white head that settles down to mostly the sides of the glass.. Not much of a aroma actually, just some grain with light hops. Carbonation is above normal but not bad. Taste was about the same but is a little on the watery side but I like this one and not a fan overall for Bud products.

3.85/5  rDev +61.1%

This beer is light beer so I will compare it to other light beers. It does not compare to more roboust beers as it is not meant to be. The flavor was decent and it went down easy. If there was a drinkability rating it would get a 4.5. The color was as expected for its style light golden transparent. It was priced right at $3 for a 20oz draft on happy hour. The flavor was mild but still decent for its style. I did not feel like I ate a meal after a couple. If you like like light beer I would recommend trying this one.

3.79/5  rDev +58.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

From a 12oz ice cold bottle. Clean and refreshing. Not much beer flavor. Slightly metallic. This is what I grew up on so I can't hate it. Still a good beer, goes down way to easy, could easily drink about 10

3.78/5  rDev +58.2%

I absolutely love this beer, it explains my name

3.75/5  rDev +56.9%

For the style, and cheapness, my favorite one out there. Would much rather drink this in bulk than bud light or miller any day.

3.74/5  rDev +56.5%

Now I'm not a light beer drinker at all. By light beer I'm speaking of diet beer. By diet beer I'm speaking of any beer that professes to have less calories or carbs than......well.....beer that's not thinking of those things. Right? Isn't Bud Light and Mich Ultra and Miller Lite and any beer that uses the term "light" really a diet beer?
How do you think one of those manly American iconic beers would have gone over to the masses back in their inception if they were called Diet beer? What about Mich or Ultra Slim?
Anyway I hate these watered down reproductions of American Lager (Lawn Mower Beer) and just want to put that out here right now. I do love my Banquet Beer (Coors Original) and do not knock regular Budweiser, Miller, etc. I just hate the fact they came up with this lighter is better BS (and this after prohibition when it was originally watered down) and make more money on it than any other product they sell. I've homebrewed, pub brewed, micro brewed so I do like real beer. IPA is my love.

Anyway I work in a warehouse at a beer distributorship. One of the guys unloading trucks found some lose cans of Mich Golden Draft Light and gave me one to try. I said ok, what the hell. I just opened it and poured it into an British Pint Dimpled Mug.

Over all the big American diet beers I have tried I would have to say I would probably prefer this one to any other. It does have flavor even with being stripped or watered down. When I poured it it was at about 37 degrees and was very light on the palate and smooth from front to back. At the end of the glass as it warmed up I was still enjoying it and hated myself for it.

I don't buy diet beer and still don't' plan on it but if I HAD TO HAVE ONE it would for now be this one.

Remember friends, I didn't say I liked it, just that I can drink it. My scores are based on others of this style I have tried.

3.7/5  rDev +54.8%

I love this beer it tastes like Budweiser but a lot smoother in my opinion. My new go to beer.

3.64/5  rDev +52.3%

3.55/5  rDev +48.5%

I was impressed with the beer's fruity/slightly sweet character. The smoothness of this particular beer was also very enjoyable. I found the fruit hard to narrow down, at times it seemed citrusy and others hinted of berry. Overall the fruity taste wasn't overbearing to the extreme that some other fruit beers have (which is great since this isn't really a fruit beer in the conventional sense). Would definitely drink again, even if it isn't my favorite style of beer.

3.53/5  rDev +47.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Michelob Golden Draft Light has a thick, stark-white head, a clear straw, bubbly appearance, and a bit of lacing left behind. The aroma is of sweet, slightly musty grain, and the flavor is similar. The beer is quite akin to other major, mass-produced light beers. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Michelob Golden Draft Light finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, and dry. Overall, it’s a very good beer.

RJT

3.53/5  rDev +47.7%

This is my favorite cheap beer. Why? Well its not particularly distinctive, but its crisp, refreshing, no off flavors, and no rot-gut. Throw it in a cooler full of ice/water, provide it to your undiscerning friends, and enjoy a sunny day on the lake. Heck, I throw a lime in it (I know, I know, I shouldn't fruit the beer and normally I don't) and its a lot cheaper than all those clear bottled "Mexican" lagers. It's an American Macro, but so what? Mich Golden Light is good for the type of beer that it is.

Michelob Golden Draft Light from Anheuser-Busch