Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 01-24-2002

View: Beers
1.89/5  rDev -20.9%

Had this on tap, thinking it was $1...much to my dismay that special ended 30 minutes ago.

Pours a light golden color, nice head on it.

Smell is basically non-existent...which is better than it being skunky or noticeably terrible.

Taste is fairly generic, and weak overall. Some faint hops occasionally poke through, but there really isn't a whole lot to this guy. No wonder my friends can put it away like no one's business...this is way better than Natty Light.

M & D: carbonation is way too strong, aside from that...watery thin. I guess this scores decently on drinkability because it's bound to not offend anyone's taste buds.

You might rather drink something else, but its just too boring to be that bad.

2.93/5  rDev +22.6%

Its amazing how you will almost never find this beer anywhere out side Minnesota and the surrounding states. Pours a clear yellow color with almost no head and some slight lacing. Smells watered down and grassy. Taste? Tastes grainy, watered down, and a little malty. I drink this alot at campus partys and whatnot. I can tolerate it when I have to $5 for a cup. But I would never go out and buy it on my own.

3.5/5  rDev +46.4%

2.76/5  rDev +15.5%

1.99/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

1.5/5  rDev -37.2%

All of my friends love this beer. I think they are crazy. It is a pale yellow lager with a bitter flavor and a generic macro light beer body. I only drink this beer when there is nothing else available. I should have went up to the bar and had a Summit Oktoberfest instead. What a waste of time money and liver.

1.75/5  rDev -26.8%

2.81/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

2.75/5  rDev +15.1%

1.7/5  rDev -28.9%

Is this the same thing as what the Minnesotans call "Mic Gold Ultra"? I hope so, cause that's what was served to me this weekend and that is what I'm reviewing.

Unnaturally bright yellow beer with minimal head. Smells of corn-- a big can of creamed corn. Tastes like nothing. I'm serious, it tastes as close to water as you can get without it being water. I can't tell you more than this about the taste. Dry mouthfeel. Fairly easy to drink except it made for the worst hangover in my life.

I hope to never touch this stuff again.

2.63/5  rDev +10%

I drink this all the time for drinking games and beer pong... it's my favorite "cheap" beer, although i know it isnt very good. I've had this beer on tap, in the bottle, and in the can.

pours a clear light golden color, a bit darker than other domestic light beers. lots of carbonation.

smell isnt very appealing. almost smells like it has been sitting out for a while, even though the can was just cracked and poured.

taste is rather watery, it has more taste than some other domestic light beers, but still has nothing that jumps out at me.

mouthfeel is somewhat carbonated, goes down somewhat easy, but that is because it lacks a lot of flavor.

drinkability?? This is good for me when im playing drinking games and have to drink fast. it goes down pretty easily, and doesnt fill me up to quickly.

I'd also like to add that I've never gotten a hangover from drinking this beer excessively.

2.25/5  rDev -5.9%

Being from the midwest and a current student of the University of Minnesota, Michelob Golden Draft Light is the finest beer I have ever tasted. This is indeed the most popular beer on campus and in Minnesota. A whole state can not be wrong. Mich Gold Light is one of the most refreshing, crisp tasting beers on the market. You can drink in the boat, in the fishing shack, or at a kegger. As the Replacments (from Minneapolis) sing "All I wanna do is drink beer for breakfast." No doubt they were singing about this beer. Mich Gold Light might not be a very full beer, but it sure is the best light beer on the market. I feel bad for the people who live on the coasts. It is indeed a smooth, premium beer.

2.36/5  rDev -1.3%

2.75/5  rDev +15.1%

This is very popular, though I don't know why. This pours very light yellow with almost no head. Taste is very watered down, with very little hops or anything else to speak of. Extremely grainy tasting, with husk notes. I have nothing good to say about this. Why is this crap so popular?

Michelob Golden Draft Light from Anheuser-Busch