Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 01-24-2002

Best beer I've ever tasted. Actually quenches thirst and no aftertaste. Very refreshing! Light taste, not bitter or thick tasting. No "beer breath". I just love this beer. Didn't feel full either after drinking. Highly recommended unless you like thick, malty, dark beers.

Being from the midwest and a current student of the University of Minnesota, Michelob Golden Draft Light is the finest beer I have ever tasted. This is indeed the most popular beer on campus and in Minnesota. A whole state can not be wrong. Mich Gold Light is one of the most refreshing, crisp tasting beers on the market. You can drink in the boat, in the fishing shack, or at a kegger. As the Replacments (from Minneapolis) sing "All I wanna do is drink beer for breakfast." No doubt they were singing about this beer. Mich Gold Light might not be a very full beer, but it sure is the best light beer on the market. I feel bad for the people who live on the coasts. It is indeed a smooth, premium beer.

4.84/5  rDev +102.5%

Easy to drink any day of the week.

4.82/5  rDev +101.7%

Found this great beer at the tour center of AB in St Louis. I have always liked Michelob light but golden light far surpasses regular Michelob light. Only problem is that it is not sold in our market here. Might have to take a road trip north to get some of this excellent Michelob

4.7/5  rDev +96.7%

Best Light beer around.

4.52/5  rDev +89.1%

4.51/5  rDev +88.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Michelob Golden Draft Light brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 4.10% This brew pours out a nice Light golden amber color with a small white head. Really spotty lacing to this brew, it does stick to the glass. The smell is rich with grains and malts. There are also some faint hops in the smell of this brew. It has the smell of most American light Lager brews on the market. Not saying that is a bad thing. Now for the taste, it is rich and strong with flavors. I really enjoy the flavors in this brew. For being a light brew, it has some balls behind it. Reminds me of a regular brew more than a light brew. You pick up on some nice smooth grians and malts in the taste of this brew. For being a light brew, it has a lot going for it. To me this is what Light brew should taste like. This is a nice bold light bodied brew. There is nothing overpowering about this brew, it has a super nice balance to it. Overall I'm giving Michelob Golden Draft Light a 4.50 out 5. I would definitely look this brew up again givin the chance to. This is one of Anheuser-Busch, best keep brews. If you get a chance to try this brew, look it up and review it as an light brew. This brew is in a limited market you can not get anywhere...

4.5/5  rDev +88.3%

Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch. Poured from the can into a pint glass, this brew's got a two finger thick head, spotty lacing, and a clear light gold body.

Smells like mellower grains and malts.

I taste full-bodied malts and grains, but its pretty light and smooth going down.

Light mouthfeel with mild carbonation.

I'll give Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch a 4.5. Much more flavorful 99% of light beers I've tried.

4.28/5  rDev +79.1%

Sampling right now on 3/5/14. Had this one a few times before. It's a Mid-West brew and never seen it back in Florida. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a handled glass stein.

Pours a lighter-yellow in color with a small fizzy white head that settles down to mostly the sides of the glass.. Not much of a aroma actually, just some grain with light hops. Carbonation is above normal but not bad. Taste was about the same but is a little on the watery side but I like this one and not a fan overall for Bud products.

3.85/5  rDev +61.1%

This beer is light beer so I will compare it to other light beers. It does not compare to more roboust beers as it is not meant to be. The flavor was decent and it went down easy. If there was a drinkability rating it would get a 4.5. The color was as expected for its style light golden transparent. It was priced right at $3 for a 20oz draft on happy hour. The flavor was mild but still decent for its style. I did not feel like I ate a meal after a couple. If you like like light beer I would recommend trying this one.

3.79/5  rDev +58.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

From a 12oz ice cold bottle. Clean and refreshing. Not much beer flavor. Slightly metallic. This is what I grew up on so I can't hate it. Still a good beer, goes down way to easy, could easily drink about 10

3.78/5  rDev +58.2%

I absolutely love this beer, it explains my name

3.75/5  rDev +56.9%

For the style, and cheapness, my favorite one out there. Would much rather drink this in bulk than bud light or miller any day.

3.74/5  rDev +56.5%

Now I'm not a light beer drinker at all. By light beer I'm speaking of diet beer. By diet beer I'm speaking of any beer that professes to have less calories or carbs than......well.....beer that's not thinking of those things. Right? Isn't Bud Light and Mich Ultra and Miller Lite and any beer that uses the term "light" really a diet beer?
How do you think one of those manly American iconic beers would have gone over to the masses back in their inception if they were called Diet beer? What about Mich or Ultra Slim?
Anyway I hate these watered down reproductions of American Lager (Lawn Mower Beer) and just want to put that out here right now. I do love my Banquet Beer (Coors Original) and do not knock regular Budweiser, Miller, etc. I just hate the fact they came up with this lighter is better BS (and this after prohibition when it was originally watered down) and make more money on it than any other product they sell. I've homebrewed, pub brewed, micro brewed so I do like real beer. IPA is my love.

Anyway I work in a warehouse at a beer distributorship. One of the guys unloading trucks found some lose cans of Mich Golden Draft Light and gave me one to try. I said ok, what the hell. I just opened it and poured it into an British Pint Dimpled Mug.

Over all the big American diet beers I have tried I would have to say I would probably prefer this one to any other. It does have flavor even with being stripped or watered down. When I poured it it was at about 37 degrees and was very light on the palate and smooth from front to back. At the end of the glass as it warmed up I was still enjoying it and hated myself for it.

I don't buy diet beer and still don't' plan on it but if I HAD TO HAVE ONE it would for now be this one.

Remember friends, I didn't say I liked it, just that I can drink it. My scores are based on others of this style I have tried.

Michelob Golden Draft Light from Anheuser-Busch