Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 01-24-2002

The only reason i give this beer a 2 is because it is my favorite light beer, if there is such a thing. Its good for young folks drinking it out of a keg. For some reason this isnt sold many places, i was always under the impression it was only in MN, anyways you cant find it very often out of that state. Nothing special by any means.

This beer is pale and clear. Almost as pale as white grape juice. A decent sized dirty white head is erected, but falls just as quickly. The carbonation looks lifeless. Smells tinny, corny and veggie like. Nothing appealing at all on the nose. The taste is like corn as well. And grainy. Quite bland and uninteresting. Mouthfeel is carbonated, but weak. Fizzy and unappealing. All in all, I'll pass on this next time. Unless there is absolutely no other option.

Thanks for letting me raid your macro selection ZAP.

Very watery and somewhat bland. I liked the bottle shape it that counts for anything. Not much going on with this beer.

Poured from the clear bottle into a clear pint glass. Bears the "Born on date" of May 18, 2010.

A - Poured a clear, very light straw in color. An aggressive pour yielded a thinnish white head. Head retention was not very good and it left very little in terms of lacing.

S - Doesn't smell particularly appealing...a little bit of weak cooked corn, not much going on here (and I had to strain to get that).

T & M - Well, it certainly feels like I'm hydrating as I drink this. I have to go back and review a macro like this every now and again to really appreciate the craft beer scene I think. Maybe a little corn, maybe a little grain, certainly a lot of water! Mouthfeel is thin and watery, highly carbonated and thus a bit abrasive.

D - The only reason I had this in my fridge was because I was entertaining a girl that can't drink the "thick and gross" craft beer I drink. I would not recommend this to anybody and feel like I've insulted my taste buds by even pouring this in my mouth. Call me a "beer snob" if you will, I just enjoy more flavorful beer.

1.99/5  rDev -16.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

1.99/5  rDev -16.4%

Weak looking yellow, 1/3" white head on it. Nothing going on in the aroma department.

Taste was equally missing. Nothing off flavor, just no flavor going on. Low alcohol, low beer qualities.

A lot of water going on here, and not much else. The ribbed bottles were funny stuff.

1.97/5  rDev -17.2%

I found this lone can in my future father-in law's fridge...he doesn't drink BMC crap, so I'm assuming someone left it after a party or something. Anyway, I feel compleled to try any beer that I've never had...so here it goes.

A - Pale yellow with a flimsy white cap that disappears quickly. No lace, no love.

S - Corn husk and sugar. More assertive than most light macros, and not offensive in any way. Pretty boring though.

T - Clean cornflakes and some sugar...again, nothing offends the palate. A very clean beer. Towards the sweet-n-clean finish, a slightly soapy note comes through.

M - Crisp and clean with some foamy-ness onthe finish at the end that muddles up the feel and ruins the palate.

D - Extremely boring and nearly flavorless, this is clean and flavor-free....like sparkling water. Honestly, this ain't half bad for a light macro lager but that ain't sayin' much.

1.95/5  rDev -18.1%

Pours a nice clean/clear yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some minimal sticky lacing left behind. The nose is slightly malty, grainy, and ricy. The taste is malty, slightly sweet, with too much grains/rice. Light Body. A thirst quencher only.

Michelob Golden Draft Light from Anheuser-Busch