Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 01-24-2002

The only reason i give this beer a 2 is because it is my favorite light beer, if there is such a thing. Its good for young folks drinking it out of a keg. For some reason this isnt sold many places, i was always under the impression it was only in MN, anyways you cant find it very often out of that state. Nothing special by any means.

This beer is pale and clear. Almost as pale as white grape juice. A decent sized dirty white head is erected, but falls just as quickly. The carbonation looks lifeless. Smells tinny, corny and veggie like. Nothing appealing at all on the nose. The taste is like corn as well. And grainy. Quite bland and uninteresting. Mouthfeel is carbonated, but weak. Fizzy and unappealing. All in all, I'll pass on this next time. Unless there is absolutely no other option.

Thanks for letting me raid your macro selection ZAP.

Very watery and somewhat bland. I liked the bottle shape it that counts for anything. Not much going on with this beer.

Poured from the clear bottle into a clear pint glass. Bears the "Born on date" of May 18, 2010.

A - Poured a clear, very light straw in color. An aggressive pour yielded a thinnish white head. Head retention was not very good and it left very little in terms of lacing.

S - Doesn't smell particularly appealing...a little bit of weak cooked corn, not much going on here (and I had to strain to get that).

T & M - Well, it certainly feels like I'm hydrating as I drink this. I have to go back and review a macro like this every now and again to really appreciate the craft beer scene I think. Maybe a little corn, maybe a little grain, certainly a lot of water! Mouthfeel is thin and watery, highly carbonated and thus a bit abrasive.

D - The only reason I had this in my fridge was because I was entertaining a girl that can't drink the "thick and gross" craft beer I drink. I would not recommend this to anybody and feel like I've insulted my taste buds by even pouring this in my mouth. Call me a "beer snob" if you will, I just enjoy more flavorful beer.

2.02/5  rDev -15.5%

Appearance: light yellow with lots of carbonation.
Smell: smells semi sweet and bready. That's it.
Taste: sugar water and corn, yuck.
Mouthfeel: seltzer
Drinkability: I could only drink 11 or 12
Overall: if this is beer then what the hell have I been drinking?

2.05/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

2.05/5  rDev -14.2%

This beer came a slightly tan yellow that looked dead and dirty. Smelled of burnt corn and foul earth. Tasted of creamed corn, fried eggs that were left in the pan way to long, old yeast and finished much like I would expect an ashtray to taste like. Mouth feel was medium with light carbonation.

REVIEW 800!

Poured into Das Boot.

Poured very vigorously yielding about 8 fingers of creamy off white head. With all the head, it is hard not to have decent retention. Color is a clear golden yellow.

Aroma: Smells of massive corn. The wide opening in the glass allows for maximum aroma. Low level of grassy hops. Do they triple hop brew this one? Maybe they should. Maybe some rice flavors.

Taste: With the heavy glass, it is pretty hard to drink out of. I get a lot of corn flavors and low level of grassy hops. These are the hops that probably get thrown out of other breweries for being too old. It is very bland.

Mouthfeel: Crisp and bubbly. Lots of carbonation with a light bodied. Ends very grainy and dry.

Overall, this is nothing special, but a solid go to cheap macro. Easy drinking and light as can be. I did a das boot to finish this one off. Great drinkability.

2.05/5  rDev -14.2%

Michelob Golden Light Draft pours a light clear amber from a 12oz clear glass bottle with a twistoff cap. Head went almost to one finger with a firm pour into my 16oz beer tumbler before disappearing completely before my eyes in the time it took to type this line, about twenty seconds.

Nose is a damp astringent with the slightest hint of banana... yes, banana. I get wisps of banana and bubble gum, when I explore the outgassing of this liquid.

Palate is the sharp bight of carbonation with a backbone of hops bittering, if there is any malt or corn sweetness, it is lost amongst all the fizz from the bubbles of carbon dioxide.

There are light beers and there are light beer wannabees, Michelob Golden Light Draft fits the latter.

2.05/5  rDev -14.2%

Enjoyed at the brewery in st Louis. 1.5 finger head with poor retention on a clear bright golden body. This beer is pretty much odorless. Flavor Is also really mild with mostly light grain and rice. No hop or supporting flavors but also not bitter or off putting. Light body ad high carbonation. Incredibly boring beer. Obviously easy to drink but also it's lack of flavor will bore you into not wanting another.

Michelob Golden Draft Light from Anheuser-Busch