Michelob Golden Draft Light | Anheuser-Busch

1.83/5  rDev -23.4%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

2.36/5  rDev -1.3%

2.8/5  rDev +17.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Pours light straw color with a quickly dissappearing white foam cap. Fizzy and thin - not much flavor or aroma - a little bit of apple and some light grains. My inlaws drink this - I had trouble finishing half a can.

2.5/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This beer is for people who don't like good beer. This is the crap that is left in my fridge by the people I know that drink crap. I usually give it to the dog, but he doesn't like it either.

3.74/5  rDev +56.5%

Now I'm not a light beer drinker at all. By light beer I'm speaking of diet beer. By diet beer I'm speaking of any beer that professes to have less calories or carbs than......well.....beer that's not thinking of those things. Right? Isn't Bud Light and Mich Ultra and Miller Lite and any beer that uses the term "light" really a diet beer?
How do you think one of those manly American iconic beers would have gone over to the masses back in their inception if they were called Diet beer? What about Mich or Ultra Slim?
Anyway I hate these watered down reproductions of American Lager (Lawn Mower Beer) and just want to put that out here right now. I do love my Banquet Beer (Coors Original) and do not knock regular Budweiser, Miller, etc. I just hate the fact they came up with this lighter is better BS (and this after prohibition when it was originally watered down) and make more money on it than any other product they sell. I've homebrewed, pub brewed, micro brewed so I do like real beer. IPA is my love.

Anyway I work in a warehouse at a beer distributorship. One of the guys unloading trucks found some lose cans of Mich Golden Draft Light and gave me one to try. I said ok, what the hell. I just opened it and poured it into an British Pint Dimpled Mug.

Over all the big American diet beers I have tried I would have to say I would probably prefer this one to any other. It does have flavor even with being stripped or watered down. When I poured it it was at about 37 degrees and was very light on the palate and smooth from front to back. At the end of the glass as it warmed up I was still enjoying it and hated myself for it.

I don't buy diet beer and still don't' plan on it but if I HAD TO HAVE ONE it would for now be this one.

Remember friends, I didn't say I liked it, just that I can drink it. My scores are based on others of this style I have tried.

3.7/5  rDev +54.8%

I love this beer it tastes like Budweiser but a lot smoother in my opinion. My new go to beer.

2.45/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.92/5  rDev +22.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Pretty solid for a light macro.

3.25/5  rDev +36%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I've only had this on tap so I can't say anything about any other formats. There's nothing wrong with the flavor. It is pretty light, but that makes it really easy to drink.

4.84/5  rDev +102.5%

Easy to drink any day of the week.

2.75/5  rDev +15.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

1.99/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

3.44/5  rDev +43.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.5

This is an excellent light beer. Way better than Bud or Coors. Has a nice, crisp taste, though it is watery. Supremely smooth. My favorite light beer besides Sam Adams Light.

3.79/5  rDev +58.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

From a 12oz ice cold bottle. Clean and refreshing. Not much beer flavor. Slightly metallic. This is what I grew up on so I can't hate it. Still a good beer, goes down way to easy, could easily drink about 10

2.2/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

1.68/5  rDev -29.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Watered down beer. Almost seems skunky. Will only drink when it is free.

3.78/5  rDev +58.2%

I absolutely love this beer, it explains my name

Michelob Golden Draft Light from Anheuser-Busch