Bud Dry | Anheuser-Busch

Liked:
2.26/5
Alströms:
2.9

One of the first beers I ever tried, way back when. I remember it was on a float trip, and I had a buddy that always bought this or Natty Light, because it was some of the cheapest beer you could get. I tried one and the flavor reminded me of sandy pond water. Absolutely disgusting. Even at dirt cheap prices, it isn't worth drinking beer that tastes just like that, dirt.

Would Drink Again: No

Lace: none

Color:
Reflected- yellow
Transmitted- yellow

Aroma: unpleasant

Mouthfeel: light

Palate: does not adjust

Taste: like all the other BudMillOors

Comments: not much better than BUD, why is this the most consumed style of beer? why do they continue to do a poor job in this style

Conditions:
Mowing/Working on car- n
With Friends- n
Sipping- n
Get my buzz on- n

Possibly one of my least favorites of the entire Bud family. Yellow, near clear color with a very poor white bubbly head. Stale nose of grass and rice. No hops in the nose either. Thin body should go down like water, but doesn't. If you must go with AB, I suggest regular old bud.

1.06/5  rDev -53.1%

1.08/5  rDev -52.2%

I go to a party, and guess what they have in the cooler? Bud Dry and Bud Light. Jesus f*** Christ.

This was awful. Why even bother inputting a review? To warn, inform, and record, I guess,

Pours a watery looking yellow, white, sudsy foam. Unappealing to the eye. Smells like skunky water, tastes like skunky seltzer water, what the hell is the "dry" supposed to be? Tastes pretty damn similar to Bud Light.

I ended up drinking wine instead. And I don't care for wine.

look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

1.32/5  rDev -41.6%

The beer pours from the 12-ounce brown bottle a limpid gold with a modest white frothy head and the left over lace a thin sheet. Nose is sweet malt, fresh and clean, start is lightly sweet and the top skeletal. Finish is caustic in its acidity, hops benign and the aftertaste dry, it has been almost 4 years since I sampled one of these, now I know why.

1.34/5  rDev -40.7%

Pours from a 16oz tallboy can a very clear light yellow color with a large white head that displays surprisingly nice retention for a while till it fades to near nothingness.

The nose is pretty nappy, as a bunch of light fruitiness and wet grains are present. Even for an AAL, this one smells like a fart.

Taste is not pleasant either...pretty offensive actually. It's not all that "dry" finishing as I get quite a bit of sweetness. There is virtually no hop balancing and the main flavors are carbonation and cardboard topped with a bit of corn syrup. Pretty sure my sink will be drinking about half this can. I see no reason why anyone should drink this beer, there are plenty of better adjunct lager options out there.

1.45/5  rDev -35.8%

A strange beer to search for, I know, but I've been wanting to try Bud Dry ever since I was 7 years old. Yes, 7. Back when the smell of beer was absolutely repugnant and the thought of being drunk terrified me nearly as much as the thought of being dead. For some reason, those lame Bud Dry commercials really appealed to me. The slogan--"Why Ask Why; Try Bud Dry"--stuck in my head. It just seemed neat, somehow. Not quite cool or appetizing. Just neat.

It was 9 more years until I was of the age that I would want to drink, and by that point Bud Dry had been pulled off the national stage and (to the best of my knowledge) was available only in it native Texas. I've never been to Texas. So, umm, that's that.

But then I saw a thirty pack of this just sitting in a cooler in Dickeyville, WI when I was on a New Glarus run. 12 bucks? Sure, what the hell. Someone will drink it.

Regular old AB pour. Light gold, almost seltzery. No head.

Smells like AB funk grain with the teeniest tiniest hint of hop and a little acrid kiss of exceedingly dry rubbing alcohol (hence the name? Probably not.)

Tastes almost exactly like it smells. Not even as tolerable as Bud Heavy. Like old, stale Bud Ice that's had a little cheap gin added to it.

It went down okay, consider its awful taste. And I didn't get any of the trademark AB stomach cramps. But this is still a subpar beer, even for its price. You can get Old Style, Pabst, Red Dog, and Special Export for cheaper.

1.47/5  rDev -35%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This pops up on the shelves from time to time and make one wonder about why the dry beer fad ever existed. Pours out to a very pale, almost translucent color. Taste reminded me of cardboard and popcorn for some reason mixed with soda water. Might I say...Yuck.

1.5/5  rDev -33.6%