Redbridge

Dec 10, 2006
SCORE
Poor
RedbridgeRedbridge
Notes: Rich, hearty and full-bodied gluten-free lager brewed from sorghum. Redbridge has a distinctively fruity hop aroma, a sweet toasted grain flavor and a well-balanced, moderately
hopped finish.
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.
2.64/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75
by dacrza1 from New Jersey

DATE: February 19, 2022... OCCASION: back from the WMC semifinal loss, we turn to the Office (and I, to this beer) to lift our spirits... GLASSWARE: Baltika stonge... an orange-amber body shows reasonable effervescence that builds a quarter-finger of off-white, sudsy head... looks palatable... light lemon zest, toasted biscuit, faint hard fruits, honey, and cough drop... a rather clean, refreshing, cider-like movement through the palate... its start has a bit of hoppy chatter, while its finish is refreshingly soft and swift... not much of the limited aroma makes it to the flavor profile--what does is honey, pear, apple, wood, and banana... there isn't a lot to its substance, but it does hit the genre's goal well enough... at its ABV%, this wins for a long night of drinking... as a stand-alone, not too much to celebrate... in can be found in most beer stores, so that is also a plus...

Feb 20, 2022
1.83/5  rDev -29.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75
by stevoj from Idaho

Gluten free? Yes? Taste free? Yes! I understand there’s a market for this, but this was almost undrinkable, and got worse as it warmed. Sorghum makes for a funky, musty overall aroma and taste. Blech.

Jan 12, 2022
3.19/5  rDev +22.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75
by md3kcn from North Carolina

Purchased as a single bottle from Ingles for $1.50. Poured into a nonic pint glass.

L - Clear amber with a one-finger sudsy off-white head. Actually great lacing.
S - Sweet, but not in a sugary way. Herbal. Some kind of fruit, but I can't pin down which one.
T - It tastes like literal raw sugar cane, minus most of the sweetness - but I can tell it's sweet, if that makes any sense at all. Almost tastes of granny smith apple skin, but then it doesn't. A somewhat metallic finish. It doesn't taste objectively bad, though.
F - Medium-light body with nitro-like carbonation. Refreshing. Wet. Crisp.
O - This beer's flavor HAS to be an acquired taste. Not for the reason I see many people drinking it (I don't), but because it doesn't taste bad, but for the reason that I'm not familiar with the flavors present. It's this non-cloying sweetness, with some sort of herbal vibe, minus the herbs. It almost tastes like a sassafras soda, but not in any sort of "exact" sense. It's almost like Malta Goya, but swap the Raisin Bran flavor with some mysterious flavor you've never had that can only be in the area of "molasses" - but not really. Buy it to try it yourself, but I probably won't again.

Dec 15, 2021

1.92 by Lucnifter from California on Nov 03, 2021
by Quimel

I have Celiac and Redbridge is the best tasting gluten free beer!

Nov 01, 2021
by Cynthi

Love this! Having to be gluten free is the absolute pits and I had no high expectations for this beer. While it doesn't have that pungent beer smell, it's light and smooth and actually tastes great! I was very pleasantly pleased and will definitely buy this brand again. The "beer guy" at my local Kroger said this was the best gluten free beer on the market. Right now, I'll agree!

Aug 27, 2021

5 by Dalkri from Massachusetts on Aug 04, 2021

2.13 by Eddyfunt from Michigan on Jul 08, 2021

2.78 by Chilmer from Iowa on Jun 27, 2021
2.52/5  rDev -3.4%
by VelvetExtract from Massachusetts

Recently diagnosed with late-developing Celiac disease. Looks like it's Redbridge and other gluten-free offerings going forward for this newly semi-retired reviewer. My reviews will steadily decline going forward. Run towards the fire with eyes wide open, grinning ear-to-ear, my fellow reviewers!

Apr 30, 2021
4.9/5  rDev +87.7%
by Leviroyer4 from Maine

Great finally a true gluten free beer send it to me for life would drink everyday

Apr 17, 2021
2.8/5  rDev +7.3%
by jjamadorphd from Florida

I had to try this sorghum-free beer...

...Not that it was bad or good, just different. The strangest thing was the smell, it had a coca-cola-like odor to my nose. I couldn’t shake it. Anyway, it’s nothing really bad but certainly nothing special either.

Apr 05, 2021
3.42/5  rDev +31%
by Stephenkerr from Massachusetts

Got this since my girlfriend is gluten free - I've had it occasionally over the years. It wasn't a stunner but felt like a reliable red lager. Drinkable and inoffensive.

Feb 17, 2021

2.51 by lakewy17 from New Hampshire on Jan 20, 2021
by randelhall from Ohio

Average beer ... but I can't put my taste buds on it but missing something

Dec 23, 2020
2.93/5  rDev +12.3%
by BlackBeerPirate from Illinois

Taste: hint of some cider, sour fruit, corn, earthy grains, airy mouthfeel. Cider like nose. Caramel colored hue, clear, with small head and lace. Medium/light body. Not my kinda taste.

Nov 25, 2020

2.61 by ahuey333 from Wisconsin on Aug 24, 2020

2.75 by Velivolus1 from Vermont on Jul 19, 2020

2.2 by Jcarriglio from Florida on Apr 16, 2020
3.1/5  rDev +18.8%
by beersampler6 from Michigan

This one wasn't bad. My first gluten-free, wheat-free beer so I had low expectations and on that front, it wasn't too shabby at all. Reminded me of a slightly more flavorful, less watered-down AAL. No date printed on bottle. Pours a lighter amber color with just a thin film of white head and no real lacing. Smells of malt, grain, caramel, a little nuttiness, no real hops. Tastes similarly, somewhat refreshing and not too bad but a little touch of sweetness at the finish. Mild thin mouthfeel, decent carbonation. I tried it and it wasn't too bad but I wouldn't buy it again.

Apr 01, 2020

2.5 by blissfulNemo from Michigan on Dec 06, 2019
2.81/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75
by Bouleboubier from New Jersey

(12 oz bottle, 19259; purchased single off shelf... poured into a 14 oz mug)

L: polished-clear, amber liquid; fizzy off-white head.... razor-thin collar remains, no lace

S: vaguely grassy-herbal tone ahead of a mildly grain-syrup base: slight note of apple cider vinegar?... decent relative intensity, but clearly lacking malt

T: ooof! hmm... papery and dry up front, with a bit of a lightly-sweetish, basic cider aftertaste... long after the first sip, the aftertaste is that of a weaker, drier Sidral Mundet, with a subtle cooked corn kernal note... subtle phenol spice builds, remaining mellow but lingering along with the corn

F: very lightly-spritzy carbonation, rather dry finish... its body is thin, lacking roundness, with a strange almost inward, vacuum drop in the finish

O: not terrible, but perhaps not worth it on its own... tastes more like a beer-flavored diet alco pop? (1602)

Nov 15, 2019
1.86/5  rDev -28.7%
by AlyssaHarder

This beer has such an odd aftertaste and is ridiculously sweet. This is the first gluten free beer more people have tried and it sours the idea of a good gluten free beer. They are definitely out there, but this is not one of the good ones. Stick with a cider or find something less mass produced.

Nov 15, 2019

1.22 by hardy008 from Minnesota on Oct 25, 2019

2.54 by DrewsBrews450 from North Carolina on Aug 12, 2019

3.02 by sumnerw from Texas on Aug 06, 2019
by Chatterbox from Ohio

A gluten free beer that actually tastes like a beer!!! Glad I found this because there are not too many gluten free beers out there that don't taste like a fruity wine.

May 11, 2019
by JimboBrews54 from Michigan

Meh, this would be the best reason to rate this beer. If you crave anything gluten free, start with this and then try some hard cider. If you do not like apples then try something else beer related. That is all I have for now. A middle of the road brew that finishes clean and keeps consistent texture throughout.

Apr 23, 2019

2.35 by Higdon from Maryland on Apr 20, 2019
by Glutard from Georgia

I'm rating this a 5 because, unlike many of the reviewers, I do have to avoid gluten at all costs -- or risk becoming very sick. I had given up on the idea of ever having beer until trying Omission, but I honestly think it's just OK. I rarely bothered to buy it. I decided to try Redbridge when I saw it in a local grocery store (which is something of a miracle in itself) and I'm enjoying my first one as I write this review. I'm thrilled that it actually tastes like beer to me! Before gluten issues, I wasn't a gourmet beer drinker, but I do know what I like and Redbridge works for me. I'm very grateful that someone bothered to make a gluten-free beer that wasn't an apple cider beer or a beer that tasted like it had already gone flat. I'm happy!

Mar 18, 2019
by Melena99 from Kentucky

I love this beer! I grieved when I thought I’d never enjoy beer again after being dignosed with a gluten allergy. This beer is a game changer! I love the taste, the smoothness and the sweet after taste. Ahhhh my life has become so much better since this discovery!!! Highly recommended!

Mar 13, 2019

2.64 by Griphon from Florida on Feb 22, 2019

2.25 by Zenboy99 from Wisconsin on Jan 28, 2019

2.5 by -Andrew- from Michigan on Jan 15, 2019

2.85 by corywalston from North Dakota on Dec 16, 2018
3.34/5  rDev +28%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5
by kimlhurst from Ohio

Reddish gold color, white medium collar that reduces quickly to a spotty cover. Sweet beery aroma. Very neutral taste. Refreshing beer & the gluten-free has to be a welcome pleasure to people that are gluten intolerant.

Oct 01, 2018
3.41/5  rDev +30.7%
by superspak from North Carolina

12 ounce bottle into lager glass, 13288 bottle code. Pours crystal clear deep orange/copper color with a 1 finger fairly dense and fluffy off white head with good retention, that reduces to a thin cap that lingers. Nice spotty lacing clings on the glass, with a fair amount of streaming carbonation retaining the cap. Aromas of cracker, honey, brown sugar, toasted bread, light biscuit/pepper, and herbal/grassy earthiness. A bit too too fruity aromas, but not too overwhelming. Okay aromas with sorghum grains and mild earthy hop notes; with good strength. Taste of cracker, honey, brown sugar, toasted bread, light biscuit/pepper, and herbal/grassy earthiness. Mild herbal, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Lingering notes of cracker, honey, brown sugar, toasted bread, light biscuit/pepper, and herbal/grassy earthiness on the finish for a good bit. Nice robustness of sorghum grains and mild earthy hop flavors; with a solid sugar/bitterness balance, and no cloying flavors after the finish. Very clean on lager flavors, with minimal fruity/yeasty notes present. Slightly increasing dryness from lingering bitterness. Medium carbonation and body; with a very smooth, moderately creamy/bready/grainy, and slightly sticky mouthfeel that is good. A bit thin, but not watery. Zero warming alcohol as expected of 4%. Overall this is a solid gluten free amber lager. All around good robustness of sorghum grains and mild earthy hop flavors; very smooth and easy to drink with the minimally bitter/drying finish. Very flavorful for the ABV. Clean sorghum grains and mild earthy hop presence. An enjoyable offering, just a little too sweet.

Sep 29, 2018

2.66 by BeerAndFilm from Oregon on Aug 27, 2018
2.59/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.25
by Mclusal from Colombia