Redbridge | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Rich, hearty and full-bodied gluten-free lager brewed from sorghum. Redbridge has a distinctively fruity hop aroma, a sweet toasted grain flavor and a well-balanced, moderately
hopped finish.

Added by BeerBeing on 12-10-2006

Liked:
2.57/5
Alströms:

2.46/5  rDev -4.3%

Don't know why I'm drinking this. Poured into a pint glass. Pours a golden clear color. Almost honey. Ring of head. No lacing.

Aroma is weird. Has a funkiness to it. Don't know how to describe it. Weird maltiness.

Taste is the same. Has a tartness in the finish. And the flavors are weird. Don't know how to describe them.

Mouthfeel is light and nice carb.

Overall a weird beer. It's not like it's a drain pour just weird. Will probably never drink this one again.

2.46/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not a good beer. Very little taste but if you have a gluten allergy then it's better then nothing....I guess

2.46/5  rDev -4.3%

Part of a mixed six pack. Purchased one bottle out of curiosity to try. I was aware this is an AB product at the time of purchase.

Appearance: Initially I was not sure of the style so I poured it into a pint glass figuring it would be the best choice. Th beer is amber in color, clear, with a thin head. Head fades quickly and leaves no lacing.

Smell: A somewhat fruity scent on the first sniff (berries, which surpised me). A bit sweet smelling and lacks anything hoppy (no surprise).

Taste: Some of the aformentioned "berry-ness" in the flavor (not sure where this comes from), makeing this a little sweet, with no bitterness. I expected the beer to be a bit grainy, I got non of that.

Mouthfeel: Light in body with decent carbonation. I was not expecting a dark "heavy" beer, so I guess this falls in line.

Drinkability: OK, not worth purchasing unless you have too. Even then, if this is the best one can do, I'd skip drinking beer.

2.48/5  rDev -3.5%

2.48/5  rDev -3.5%

Pours an amber gold with a thin sudsy head that disappears relatively quickly.

Smells of dry hops and an unfamiliar aroma of malt.

The taste is bland. There is a hint of smokiness in the aftertaste which is a nice surprise, but the hops don't come through in the taste at all. Has a bit of a mineral water taste to it. The absence of typical beer flavors is noticeable.

Mouthfeel is thick and the carbonation is coarse and sparse. Like there are less bubbles than normal but they are bigger.

An okay beer. I guess it would do the job if I could consume gluten since its a sorghum beer. Better than nothing. But let's just say I'm glad gluten doesn't bother me!

2.5/5  rDev -2.7%

Got this in at the shop a couple of weeks ago and I figured that, in the interest of customer service, I needed to try it. Pours a deep golden color topped by a finger of creamy off-white head that is pretty quick to vanish. Very still, almost no carbonation in the body. Aroma is a bit sweet - I guess that's what sorghum smells like. Palate is mildly sweet up front, then develops a dry, rather harsh bitterness that doesn't seem to come from any hops. Mouthfeel is a little dry and chalky, kind of odd.
I suppose if misfortune were to befall me and I were unable to drink beer brewed with malt, this would be an acceptable approximation. More likely, though, I'd stick with whisky.

2.5/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Smells and tastes a lot like bud. The yeast strain comes through along with the different malt flavor of sorghum and corn. It's not bad for an american adjunct lager made out of pure adjunct.

A) clear darker then most lagers

S) lager yeast and corn

T) average and palatable I imagine this to be the beer in 1984

M) thin

O) I would drink this again though it's boring

Redbridge from Anheuser-Busch