Redbridge | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Rich, hearty and full-bodied gluten-free lager brewed from sorghum. Redbridge has a distinctively fruity hop aroma, a sweet toasted grain flavor and a well-balanced, moderately
hopped finish.

Added by BeerBeing on 12-10-2006

1.09/5  rDev -60.1%

Nose sweet sour bread (I guess sorghum), moldiness, grains. Taste like crappy club soda, strange tartness, cidery. Another underwhelming Gluten! Couldn't finish this one.

1.18/5  rDev -56.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

I have been interested in sorghum as an alternative in recipes for while now so I thought I would the 4 sorghum based beers I found. This is the worst one yet, the others were actually very good.

This one pours a darker tanned gold with a effervescent head that is of an odd texture, More like soap foam than beer foam. The lacing looking more like a chemical accident than lacing.

The nose is almost nonexistent, nothing to review cause I honestly cannot smell anything.

The taste is more like a beer that taste like a home brew that was contaminated with a foreign bacteria. This is what I think old gym socks might taste like.

The mouthfeel is so watery it would give distilled texture.

Completely undrinkable, awful and can't be called beer. Even an alcoholic would pass this one up.

I am pouring it out and shooting the glass to put it out of it's misery.

1.23/5  rDev -54.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Gluten-free beer is ridiculous. A very poor selection.

1.28/5  rDev -53.1%

This is not an amber or red lager...This is an awful foul tasting specialty grain sorghum beer. Poured clear copper with little head that disappeared fast. Very little smell and what little there was, smelled of a kind of non alcoholic beer type maltiness. (Think Kaliber) Wow, taste is bland, and an immediate watery finish. This has no redeeming qualities other than not being made with barley, I guess, if you're allergic. Avoid like the plague.

1.32/5  rDev -51.6%

Appearance: Pours a lightly bubbly, crystal clear, light amber body with a thin, fizzy white head.

Smell: Ugh! Highly noxious and offensive, I guess I just can't stand the smell of sorghum. Dare I go on?

Taste: There's that sorghum again. Very chemically taste with some hints of spoiled cider. Positively wretched.

Mouthfeel: Light-bodied. Medium carbonation.

Drinkability: Those poor celiacs have enough problems without having to deal with this.

1.38/5  rDev -49.5%

Appearance - yellow/gold, very translucent with no head.

Smell - very sweet. Smells like white wine

Taste - what is sorghum, whatever it is it shouldnt be in beer... Too sweet, tastes like sparkling wine.

Mouthfeel - so-so

Overall - not very good, will never drink again.

1.42/5  rDev -48%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Got this bottle just for the heck of it because I was interested to taste a non-barley beer.
Pours a reddish golden color and looks pretty good. Looks can, unfortunately, be deceiving.
I really don't want to say bad things about this beer but looking at my tasting notes, there is one line that sticks out to me: I wrote "vinegar & watered-down maple syrup"
The smell and taste can be summed up in that statement.
Mouthfeel was very thin; too thin for me.
Overall I would say I hated this beer. If you cannot have gluten, you should definitely be a home-brewer if this is the type of beer there is on the market for you.

1.44/5  rDev -47.3%

My first gluten free beer. Alright!

A: The pour on this beer is light orange-amber in color with a small white head.

S: Smells...strange. A strong aroma of menthol. There are certainly some bandaids mixed in there. A bit of grass and dry malt extract. Light popcorn to it as well as a touch of mint.

S: Tastes worse, somehow. Lots of green apple which gives a slight sourness, but not in a good way. Heavy on the popcorn with more bandaids and menthol. It tastes of wet paper or cardboard. Definitely a hint of rubber, too.

M: The body is light, very light, with medium carbonation.

O: I hate you Bobby. This was awful.

1.47/5  rDev -46.2%

12oz bottle poured into a pint glass. Pours a clear copper color with an off-white head. Obviously since the beer is made without malt and wheat, it has a unique aroma. It is really is hard to describe but there is no familiar malt smells, just a sweet and slightly chalky aroma (that is the best I can describe it). The taste much like the aroma is pretty faint and lacking the malty characteristics that I love in beer. There really is not much flavor to pick up on, and the little bit of flavor that peaks through is not very good at all. Overall, I am not a big fan of this brew. I know and understand that this is a gluten-free "beer", but I am having a hard time justifying to myself that this is a beer. Thank goodness I do not have gluten issues. Not recommended.

is this beer?

1.5/5  rDev -45.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

AB just sucks. They literally don't make any beers that are worth drinking..... except for BCBS.

Redbridge from Anheuser-Busch