Redbridge | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Rich, hearty and full-bodied gluten-free lager brewed from sorghum. Redbridge has a distinctively fruity hop aroma, a sweet toasted grain flavor and a well-balanced, moderately
hopped finish.

Added by BeerBeing on 12-10-2006

2.58/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.83/5  rDev -33%

ever had Miller's "Sharp's" non-alcoholic brew?

Redbridge tastes very much like that, to me... nasty sweet bread flavor
with a definite tang of alcohol, kind of amazing since it's only 4% abv.

it's not a good thing at all. in fact, it was pretty gross... I am not one to pour beers (not even Earthquake!), but I came close on this one. I'm glad I got just one bottle as part of a pick-six at my local market.

if I had to limit myself to GF beer, I could drink this.... but I wouldn't enjoy it much.

1.5/5  rDev -45.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

AB just sucks. They literally don't make any beers that are worth drinking..... except for BCBS.

2.45/5  rDev -10.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

2.5/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.29/5  rDev -16.1%

2.12/5  rDev -22.3%

1.79/5  rDev -34.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

1.53/5  rDev -44%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Wow I thought this would taste better

2.96/5  rDev +8.4%

2.78/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.13/5  rDev -22%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

2.96/5  rDev +8.4%

1.88/5  rDev -31.1%

This has been quite a G-F weekend for yours truly! I felt really crappy all day on Friday and while I wanted to indulge, the thought of AIPAs made the stomach seas choppy and bouncy. I then hit upon all of the G-F beers that I had assembled, both in support of a (now-former) work colleague who is gluten intolerant and in the hopes of submitting an article on G-F beers for publication. My new sense of this is that it takes both immersion and dedication. One cannot sense the nuances of these beers unless you commit to solely drinking them for a period of time. I only wish that I had more to try on this journey.

From the bottle: "Gluten-Free Sorghum Beer Made Without Wheat Or Barley". For me it was the striking picture of the red covered bridge that really hit home. My late Pops was a founding member of the Lancaster (PA) Bicycle Club and the instigator of the annual Covered Bridge Ride through Lancaster County. I was the executor of his estate and I chose a like scene for the front of his funeral announcement. I still envision his rear wheel crossing into eternity any time I am near a covered bridge, red or not. R.I.P., Pops.

I Pop!, er, unscrewed the cap, just to show you the relevancy A-B/INBEV gives to its G-F consumers. An aggro pour netted a finger of foamy, light-tan head with lousy retention. Bye, Felicia! Nose had a musty, caramel apple smell. I thought of ice cream for some reason. Nowhere as sharp as Green's, but where would these guys be if they didn't polish the s**t out of their beers? Nowhere! Color was Amber (SRM = > 7, < 9) with NE-plus quality clarity. These guys are the masters of filtration at the expense of flavor!Mouthfeel was medium. The taste was like fermented apple cider, but with somebody having hit the "Mute" button! This was as if you were a person new to G-F and unsure where to start, then this would be your beer. For a now-seasoned veteran, this was like G-F beer on training wheels. Holy Ho Hum and Boring, Batman! I could drink this. A G-F person could drink this. On the other hand, we could drink a glass of water, which is also G-F! Finish was as bland and indistinguishable as all of their other products. For shame! Yes, this is an alternative, but to beer? I am unamused.

2.88/5  rDev +5.5%

2.09/5  rDev -23.4%

2.18/5  rDev -20.1%

1.85/5  rDev -32.2%

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass, then promptly dumped half into the toilet.
Aroma- smells like beer
Appearance- Looks like beer
Taste- Horrid, if you can't have gluten, then I guess you should drink wine. this is awful
Palate- not sure, couldn't get the taste out of my mouth.
Overall- really!! avoid, drink tap water.

2.42/5  rDev -11.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

2.46/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not a good beer. Very little taste but if you have a gluten allergy then it's better then nothing....I guess

1.09/5  rDev -60.1%

Nose sweet sour bread (I guess sorghum), moldiness, grains. Taste like crappy club soda, strange tartness, cidery. Another underwhelming Gluten! Couldn't finish this one.

1.23/5  rDev -54.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Gluten-free beer is ridiculous. A very poor selection.

3.27/5  rDev +19.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Didn't know this was made by Anheuser Busch. It was on the list at bowling. Not bad

1.8/5  rDev -34.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

Crystal clear, watery, sweet with a bit of citrus from the hops, but no bready malt flavours to balance this. "Lager" yeast doesn't taste much like lager. I know it's Gluten-free, but, eh, there are definitely much better. (i.e. Green's)

1.84/5  rDev -32.6%

Simply awful. Did not realize it was a gluten free beer mad by AB. Better off drinking Coors Light, unless you really need something gluten free, but then why even drink beer?

Redbridge from Anheuser-Busch