Redbridge | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Rich, hearty and full-bodied gluten-free lager brewed from sorghum. Redbridge has a distinctively fruity hop aroma, a sweet toasted grain flavor and a well-balanced, moderately
hopped finish.

Added by BeerBeing on 12-10-2006

Liked:
2.57/5
Alströms:

1.53/5  rDev -40.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Wow I thought this would taste better

1.56/5  rDev -39.3%

Pours a deep orange colour with a very thin head which disappears in seconds.

A very slight sweet smell but can't smell much at all.

Tastes slightly sweet a little bitter but not much going on.

Feels very carbonated and thin, similar to carbonated water.

Won't be buying this again, the worst of the gluten free beers I've tried.

1.66/5  rDev -35.4%
look: 3 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1.5

Pours a deep golden color almost orange with a short lived head. Aroma of sweet grains, a bit of cooked veggie and slight skunk. Taste didn't fare much better. Soap, light dms and skunk character. Won't be revisiting.

1.7/5  rDev -33.9%

Redbridge is very reminiscent of a macro pouring a gold color but did have lasting lace. The aroma was of vanilla, orance, and grass. The flavor was mainly citrusy with ginger showing through as it warms, slightly souring in the finish. Mouthfeel is thin and may pair well with fish. Overall this beer is just okay, not recommended.

1.75/5  rDev -31.9%

I would have to say this is little more than a glorified Budweiser. Has a little bit of an amber or red color, heavility carbonated and not much on the flavor side. There is a bit of a back side taste, but I'm not sure what it is, because it's not prominent. I had no idea it was a gluten free beer when I bought, my grocery store had it up in with the Porter's in the mixed pak selection area. Thank goodness I only got one.

1.79/5  rDev -30.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

1.8/5  rDev -30%

This was the very first gluten free beer I had once I was diagnosed with Celiac. I waited and waited for this to come out and when it did, I thought it was the best thing in the world. Not being able to drink regular beer really changes things. After 10 years or so of having Celiac and about 5-6 (can't quite remember when this came out) years of drinking this, there are so many better options. In a glass or out of the bottle, this just doesn't have the taste of an Omission of Green's. If this is all that's around , I'll drink it but I'd much rather have something else.

1.8/5  rDev -30%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

Crystal clear, watery, sweet with a bit of citrus from the hops, but no bready malt flavours to balance this. "Lager" yeast doesn't taste much like lager. I know it's Gluten-free, but, eh, there are definitely much better. (i.e. Green's)

1.81/5  rDev -29.6%

When I first smelled this beer, I thought the smell was off like burnt rubber and sweet. When poured, the beer was an amber color with little to no head that disappeared quickly. The mouthfeel was very light and tasted watered down with sorghum flavors, but still lacking a lasting flavor that would make me want to drink. In this case, I wouldn't choose this beer to drink with a gluten allergy.

Redbridge from Anheuser-Busch