Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry | Anheuser-Busch

awful
Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate RaspberryMichelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry delivers a unique berry aroma that finishes with a hint of pomegranate.

Added by Frozensoul327 on 04-12-2007

I used to be into big beers... but my palate has changed over the years. Now I enjoy light, refreshing fruit beers. Especially after a long bike ride.

This brew is delicious! I'll be drinking many more this summer. It's just as tasty as other fruit beers, but not as heavy!

This is my favorite summertime beer. My friends and I always take a cooler full to the beach! I have had such a hard time finding it this year. I have heard people say they are going to be discontinuing it...I will be devastated! DON'T TAKE OUR FAVORITE SUMMER BEER AWAY! We LOVE IT!!! :-)

4.75/5  rDev +119.9%

4.47/5  rDev +106.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Light fruity beers are not for everyone. Personally, I can't stand hoppy bitter beers and that seems to be the trend with craft brewers in the US. I prefer lighter sweeter beers. Michelob's Pomegranate Rasberry beer has been my favorite staple beer for years! I love this beer! It's light, sweet and refreshing. Perfect for hot summer days. If I am camping or at a friend's BBQ and plan to be drinking for hours on end, this is the beer I bring. Most hard core beer snobs will cringe at this, but I love to add orange juice and make a beermosa with this beer. Like I said, this beer isn't for everyone and I expect many to turn their nose up at any beer than is light and sweet, but if this is the style your taste buds prefer you will enjoy it.

4.21/5  rDev +94.9%

I just recently tried some Michelob Bavarian Style Hefe Weizen and it knocked my socks off, so I went to Jacks to pick up a case of it. Two bottles were missing from one of the 6'ers, so I was thinking about what to fill the void with when I saw these barely-21 chicks each pick-up a 6'er of this stuff. "It's so awesome!", they said, so what the hell. I'm game. Pours out to a crystal clear peach-accented golden, forming a soapy white head which quickly dissipates into a tiny petri-dish scum of foam. The aroma is overwhelmingly fruity...no mistaking it, there is pomegranate and raspberry in here. It smells like Kool-Aid or raspberry Jello powder. It does make you salivate a little, I have to admit. The taste is really not too bad...basically like a raspberry soda pop with an afterthought of "beer-like" taste at the end. Bitterness is negligible, it's sweet, but not syrupy sweet. 107 calories...not too shabby. Goes down like water. Ice-cold, it's dangerous, but at 4.2%, very drinkable. I could have about 3-4 of these in a row, but would want a real beer to cap it off. Seltzer-water mouthfeel with a very light body and prickly carbonation adds a seltzer-water tart flavor in the finish.

It is what it is, and it's not too bad. Pretty decent actually. I would buy more of this for what it's worth to share with friends who maybe want something really light and refreshing. A spritzer of a beer if ever there was one.

4.06/5  rDev +88%

Michelob Ultra in general isn't the worst beer in the world, but it's definitely not the best. The flavor in this version of the beer is much stronger then say, the orange taste in Blue Moon. It tastes really good, but it's definitely a girly drink. Not as sweet as a sugary Malt Liquor drink, but it's still a fairly powerful Raspberry taste. I would recommend this if you're drinking with a female friend or something, as it is fairly easy to get down.

Over all, it tastes good, but it's a girly flavored drink... not a real manly beer, even for snotty connoisseurs.

Photo of
3.5/5  rDev +62%

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.35/5  rDev +55.1%

Pale yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading head like the kind you would have with soda.Aroma is raspberry.Taste is fruit dominated by the raspberry.It goes down easy and with very little carbonation.Overall I liked it but it's nothing that's going to knock your socks off!!

3.22/5  rDev +49.1%

A: Pours out to a flat and lowly carbonated presentation. Medium yellow color with a short lived foam head, and a total lack of lacing.

S: Strong indications of berries and mild malts. Slightly sweet, and mildly artificial. Still, it's got my interest.

T: Suprisingly well balanced for a light lager which dresses as a fruit beer; mild malt, traces of dry hops, a strong yet not cloying flavor of berries with a natural and mild sweetness. Quite nice.

M: Bubbly. Zesty. Sharp. Very crisp. Light bodied and goes down easy.

D: Average, but considering it came from AB, it's a step in the right direction. They're exploring new territory, which I commend, but why do this beer in a "light" format? Go full flavor and you'll have peoples attention. Worth trying. I could take it or leave it.

3.21/5  rDev +48.6%

Pomegranate raspberry? In a Michelob? Ok. I'll try to keep an open mind.

Doesn't look like much. Actually, it looks almost exactly like a normal Michelob. Can't say I'm terribly impressed. Smells almost exactly like a wine cooler. That syrupy sweet, overpowering chemical fruit-impostor scent is unmistakable.

Tastes ever so slightly fruity, and slightly astringent. Actually expected a lot more flavor from something that smells so strongly. It is, however, more enjoyable than actually drinking Mic Ultra.

Not sure what to make of this one. It's not undrinkable, but it's pretty far from being good. It's more a beer with no real reason for existing. One can only wonder what Mic was shooting for here.

3.17/5  rDev +46.8%

"Light Beer with Natural Flavor" Rev. 7/8/09 Date on bottle "09127" 4.2%

In a clear bottle, first bad sign. It is a light yellow color, almost like urine from a person that is slightly dehydrated. I'm not judging until I try it. Pours crystal clear, light yellow with a soapy very white head that dies down quickly leaving nothing on the glass. Medium carbonation, I have never seen a beer this clear.

Strong, sweet raspberry and fruity nose. Smells exactly like a raspberry flavored soda, you can't pick out the beer at all. I guess that is what they are going for. The fruit aroma smells like real fruit, not syrupy or artificial. Very nice if you like raspberries and fruitiness. Keep in mind this is a "Pomegranate Raspberry" beer and should be fruity.

The taste is very watered down, not like the aroma, that prepares you for a really fruity taste. The beer is in the taste, but the light, typically Bud flavor is hidden in part by the fruit flavor. The fruit makes its appearance in the middle as it going down and tapers off leaving a pleasant beer aftertaste, clean and crisp. The fruit is very muted and does not overpower, as the smell would insinuate.

Kind of grainy/foamy in the mouth, medium bodied (surprisingly!) but a little foamy if you swirl it around in your mouth at all. Fills you up, this foaminess does.

It is light in all aspects: flavor, beer taste, fruitiness; making it very easy to consume. A good balance between beer and fruit, not one controls the taste. I have to say, I am not disgusted as I thought I was going to be. I could see a non-beer drinker actually liking this and putting down the Boones Farm to try something less sweet. Doesn't seem like there is much alcohol in there...just like a raspberry soda!

I disregarded the fact that this was a Michelob, as most people who reviewed it did not and thus decided it was going to be bad before consuming it. It's not that terrible, very drinkable, but shouldn't be considered beer.

3.06/5  rDev +41.7%

A-very clear pale gold color with a white head that just vanishes
S-very sweet grainy pomegranate smell
T-kind of a grainy taste with the pomegranate coming throughout the beer
M-light body with a good amount of carbonation
O-okay beer that was not too sweet, and would be good for a hot summer day

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry from Anheuser-Busch