Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry | Anheuser-Busch

awful
Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate RaspberryMichelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry delivers a unique berry aroma that finishes with a hint of pomegranate.

Added by Frozensoul327 on 04-12-2007

1.1/5  rDev -49.1%

12 oz. bottle. Basically, I think this beer was made for 12 year old girls. Not that I'm mad about that... A friend's girl brought this to our last tasting. I had to try it. Poured a transparent yellow, fizzy white head. It basically tasted like fruity gas-water. Aroma and flavor was raspberry (all artificial). Very, very light on the palate, fizzy. I guess if I were in the desert and had to chose between this and camel piss...I'd chose this. Maybe

1.11/5  rDev -48.6%

Just had to try one.

A - It poured out a clear, straw yellow. Highly carbonated with a foamy, two-finger head.

S - It smelled of pomegranate and raspberry. Shocking, huh?

T - Tasted just like it smelled. It was very sweet almost Kool-Aid like.

M - It was somewhat crisp. Also, sparkling like a champagne or cider. Very light-bodied.

D - If you like pomegranate juice or raspberry juice then this is for you. Otherwise, if you like beer taste look for something else.

1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

My wife picked this up for herself. I tried one. Worst thing I've ever tasted. First sip tasted like slightly fruited seltzer water. Then the fruit went away (quickly) and I was left with a tingle as if I just drank plain seltzer or Club soda. Vile stuff! I don't drink those flavored sparkling waters or Vitamin water etc, but I imagine this is what they taste like. I would have rated this 1 but gave a little extra for at least having a tiny bit or fruit aroma. Barely.

1.28/5  rDev -40.7%

I actually had hopes for this one b/c I like pomegranate water and was thinking it would taste like this but w/ alcohol. Dead wrong. It's not even a chick beer as the girl I bought it for drank twice as me (two sips to my one) before dumping it down the sink. It is a straw gold bodied beer that is thin and watery and designed to go down nice and easy with sweet razz/pom taste. Instead, it is a little sour and sharp and tastes like a diet cherry 7Up that was left on the counter for awhile. This is really not palatable at all.

1.35/5  rDev -37.5%

Clear bottle as pictured, part of a make your own sixpack from a local grocery. Pours a clear, pale yellow body alive with active carbonation. Tiny white head quickly vanishes without lacing. Aroma is some kind of berry Pez candy, not a bad smell except for a beverage masquerading as a beer. Very light bodied, very thin actually. Seltzer water carbonation rules the palate, lightly flavored a liquid Pez candy or Jolly Rancher aspect. The artificial fruitiness isn't sickingly sweet, to its credit,but that's about the only thing to recommend it. This might make a good beginner beer for someone who has never had an alcoholic beverage, making me think this is marketed for underage drinkers. Give me some fruit syrup and seltzer water and I could produce something very similar in taste. This Ultra is very forgettable. A waste of money at any price.

1.35/5  rDev -37.5%

12oz bottle into my Stone pint glass. I had this at a friend's birthday in May and it was the most ridiculously horrendous beer I'd had at the point. Had to try it again!

A: Light straw yellow with tremendous clarity and exceptional soda-like head - brilliantly fleeting and soapy white. Woohoo!

S: I'm calling BS on the advertising. This should be Michelob Ultra Raspberry Pomegranate, 'cos honestly, they pom is an after thought. Medicinally artificial raspberry flavor, I'd describe this as one-dimensional if "repulsive" wasn't an aroma description

T: Skunk light lager + artificial raspberry flavor + corn syrup + metallic finish. Need I say more?

M: Soda-like carbonation and horrendously light and watery. Cringe-worthy. Dry finish but it's metallic.

D: Nope, I ain't drinking any more!

1.38/5  rDev -36.1%

Picked this one up cause I'm a sucker for novelty. Out of the bottle this beer was a pale gold color with a fizzy white head that was short lived. It did, however, retain a pure white soap-skim ring that laced tiny bubbles moderately. The aroma was sweet and all raspberry extract. The flavors were at first sweet, the fruit extracts hit me as decent but then it all went south. Stale grain and stale corn. No pomegranate flavor can be pulled out of the raspberry syrup that is stomping all over it. Hops and malt are quashed too. Mouthfeel is very fizzy and a little rough, the body light. To its only credit it is crisp but the aftertaste is unpleasant and metallic so even that's hard to enjoy. I always hate to fail a beer but this one deserves it.

1.47/5  rDev -31.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The FDA dictates that chocolate must contain a certain percentage of cacao or it will be called chocolate FLAVORED. I wonder if a similar standard should be applied to beer. There just isn't anything "beery" about this.

a: This is barely tinted, a faint yellowish color. It pours with a little short lived fizz.

s: Mild artificial raspberry. Smells a bit like Smarties. Not a trace of beer.

t: Cloyingly sweet fake fruit flavors. No beer here either.

m: Slightly fizzy and very thin.

d: I admit that this doesn't taste absolutely horrible, it just doesn't taste like beer at all.

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry from Anheuser-Busch