Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry | Anheuser-Busch

awful
Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate RaspberryMichelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry delivers a unique berry aroma that finishes with a hint of pomegranate.

Added by Frozensoul327 on 04-12-2007

1.35/5  rDev -37.5%

Clear bottle as pictured, part of a make your own sixpack from a local grocery. Pours a clear, pale yellow body alive with active carbonation. Tiny white head quickly vanishes without lacing. Aroma is some kind of berry Pez candy, not a bad smell except for a beverage masquerading as a beer. Very light bodied, very thin actually. Seltzer water carbonation rules the palate, lightly flavored a liquid Pez candy or Jolly Rancher aspect. The artificial fruitiness isn't sickingly sweet, to its credit,but that's about the only thing to recommend it. This might make a good beginner beer for someone who has never had an alcoholic beverage, making me think this is marketed for underage drinkers. Give me some fruit syrup and seltzer water and I could produce something very similar in taste. This Ultra is very forgettable. A waste of money at any price.

1.35/5  rDev -37.5%

12oz bottle into my Stone pint glass. I had this at a friend's birthday in May and it was the most ridiculously horrendous beer I'd had at the point. Had to try it again!

A: Light straw yellow with tremendous clarity and exceptional soda-like head - brilliantly fleeting and soapy white. Woohoo!

S: I'm calling BS on the advertising. This should be Michelob Ultra Raspberry Pomegranate, 'cos honestly, they pom is an after thought. Medicinally artificial raspberry flavor, I'd describe this as one-dimensional if "repulsive" wasn't an aroma description

T: Skunk light lager + artificial raspberry flavor + corn syrup + metallic finish. Need I say more?

M: Soda-like carbonation and horrendously light and watery. Cringe-worthy. Dry finish but it's metallic.

D: Nope, I ain't drinking any more!

1.28/5  rDev -40.7%

I actually had hopes for this one b/c I like pomegranate water and was thinking it would taste like this but w/ alcohol. Dead wrong. It's not even a chick beer as the girl I bought it for drank twice as me (two sips to my one) before dumping it down the sink. It is a straw gold bodied beer that is thin and watery and designed to go down nice and easy with sweet razz/pom taste. Instead, it is a little sour and sharp and tastes like a diet cherry 7Up that was left on the counter for awhile. This is really not palatable at all.

1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

My wife picked this up for herself. I tried one. Worst thing I've ever tasted. First sip tasted like slightly fruited seltzer water. Then the fruit went away (quickly) and I was left with a tingle as if I just drank plain seltzer or Club soda. Vile stuff! I don't drink those flavored sparkling waters or Vitamin water etc, but I imagine this is what they taste like. I would have rated this 1 but gave a little extra for at least having a tiny bit or fruit aroma. Barely.

1.11/5  rDev -48.6%

Just had to try one.

A - It poured out a clear, straw yellow. Highly carbonated with a foamy, two-finger head.

S - It smelled of pomegranate and raspberry. Shocking, huh?

T - Tasted just like it smelled. It was very sweet almost Kool-Aid like.

M - It was somewhat crisp. Also, sparkling like a champagne or cider. Very light-bodied.

D - If you like pomegranate juice or raspberry juice then this is for you. Otherwise, if you like beer taste look for something else.

1.1/5  rDev -49.1%

12 oz. bottle. Basically, I think this beer was made for 12 year old girls. Not that I'm mad about that... A friend's girl brought this to our last tasting. I had to try it. Poured a transparent yellow, fizzy white head. It basically tasted like fruity gas-water. Aroma and flavor was raspberry (all artificial). Very, very light on the palate, fizzy. I guess if I were in the desert and had to chose between this and camel piss...I'd chose this. Maybe

1.08/5  rDev -50%

Bottle into Clear Glass

Appearance - The only thing reminiscent of a beer is the color, and even that is a ridiculous cliche of what beer should look like. Head? What head? This beer produces a little bit of foam, that quickly settles. Incredibly filtered, completely transparent. I can see the bubbles fizzling way more than you should with a beer. This looks just like a yellow soft drink, like a golden Mello Yello or something.

Smell - If I could give this a zero I would. Strong pungent fruity smell. How they can market this product as beer is beyond me. At this point, I'm thinking of canceling the review because I DO NOT want to drink this.

Taste - Simply the worst beverage I have ever ingested. Simple as that. I am an extremely respectful reviewer, but in the same way that a reviewer should "respect beer," by the same token, beer manufacturers should "respect drinkers." This is irresponsible. Completely and utterly undrinkable. I want to brush my teeth after just a SIP.

Mouthfeel - the carbonation is O.K. but excessive.

Drinkability - this beer is simply stupid. i cannot imagine who would voluntarily purchase this. This is the most yuppie concoction ever produced. Pomegranate beer....I have officially seen it all. I have never thrown a six pack away, but I am throwing bottles away as we speak. You've been warned, it's really that bad.

Appearance is of the fizzy yellow beer vein, with a quickly fleeting head. Light specks of lacing left behind. Aroma tart raspberries of the artificial kind at that, smells like candy wheres the beer. Straight up carbonation in flavor with a raspberry syrupy flow, pretty much unbearable. Definitely brought into my home by friends, fizzy thin cloying mouthfeel no thanks. Drinkability this is the worst of the three at least the two citrus based versions were refreshing and no worse than a chill, Bud Light lime, or a Corona with a lime.

What the what?!?! Who thought this up?!?!?! Disgusting! I am not against fruit flavors in my beer, but this does not work on any level. The flavors clash like a train derailing on my taste buds.

Would Drink Again: No