Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry | Anheuser-Busch

awful
Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate RaspberryMichelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry delivers a unique berry aroma that finishes with a hint of pomegranate.

Added by Frozensoul327 on 04-12-2007

1.9/5  rDev -12%

Trying another beer out of the Michelob Ultra pack. This one is Pomegranate Raspberry. I'm not expecting much out of these beers but sheer curiosity has led me to giving them a try. The dragonfruit-peach was almost non-beer like, so we'll see how this one goes...

This beer pours a bright yellow color, and slightly more than finger of foam forms and lasts for almost 2 minutes. Lots of bubbles rising to the top. The aroma is quite sweet, almost fruit-punch like with perhaps a bit of soapiness underneath. The mouthfeel is very fizzy. This beer does have some light grain flavors, more so than the dragonfruit-peach, but the generic sweet berry flavors indeed takes up the entire flavor profile. The sweetness lingers onto the aftertaste, with a hint of futile dryness barely making itself noticeable. The brew concludes with no alcoholic warmth.

I like this one better than the dragonfruit-peach, but it really isn't too close to beer either. These fruit-flavored Michelob Ultras really are for non-beer drinkers.

1.9/5  rDev -12%

Palate cleanser between IH Kryptonite, Lawsons Double Sunshine, HF Double Citra and Abner before Pegs RARE DOS.

We decided we needed a liquid to bridge the gap between the hops and stouts of our tasting. This was the answer. I guess it doesn't look horrible. Berlinner Weiss sort of color, hazy pale gold with a bizarrely attractive and retentive white head. Aroma is effed. Childhood nightmares of coughing attacks and Robitussin return. Flavor is less offensive but we're still trafficking in cough syrup with a raspberry aftertase Um, whatevs.

1.91/5  rDev -11.6%

Left in my fridge after a party. Thanks so much, Stephanie. :(

Light gold clear body with no head whatsoever. No lacing. But, pretty average for the style nonetheless.

Huge Pomegranate and Raspberry aroma. That's it. It smells like kool-aid. It's not a bad smell, so I gave it a two. Just doesn't smell anything like beer.

If you really try, you get a bit of malt in the back of your throat on the aftertaste, but other than that, all fruit. Not bad tasting, just doesn't taste like beer.

Very, very thin mouthfeel and bitingly high carbonation. Definitely not a good combination.

I can see where some people (who don't like the taste of beer) would drink this. But I really can't believe it's on this site. Not good at all unless you're looking for alcoholic fruit punch.

1.92/5  rDev -11.1%

12 oz bottle drank straight from the bottle yea, what i did it

appearance: completely crystal clear, like pear or apple cider or somethin

smell: smells like that striped gum you had when you were a kid, not unpleasant really just doesnt smell like beer

taste: sort of tastes like beer at first it just tastes like a berry wine cooler then on the finish you get some malty rice/corn adjunct goodness

overall: this stuff sucks, no way about it please do not pay money for it, im trying someone elses out of curiosity but please dont waste you money

1.92/5  rDev -11.1%

Have to admit..Michelob has always (in my eyes) been a fairly decent "American" beer...But..We just bought a 6 pack of the Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry and are so disappointed we have no idea what to do with the ones we have left..What a watery worthless experience these were!!..Bad enough that a Scot like myself turned down a 2nd one and my wife barely got through half of the first..If this is America's idea of an "Ultra" beer...I think I'm gonna start going tea-total!!! Sheeesh
Its is so tasteless that I have no idea why people will drink it...First impression is that it will be good...Smells kinda of nice but however I tried to keep an open mind I couldn't think of anything good to say about this..Truth be known I have drank Fruit/water drinks that have been better.
No taste,No after taste..I believe the only thing I can say on the up-side is that it doesn't "Fill you up" like a regular beer..
This is definitely a mistake I will not make again!!

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

12 oz bottle poured in to pint glass

A: Clear, straw yellow. Foamy, two-finger head, no lacing... lots of bubbles.

S: Smells of pomegranate and raspberry, just like the title says.... not much else.

T: Tastes just like it smelled. Very sweet almost like a New York Selters water....

M: Very light bodied, highly carbonated, crisp and sweet. Somewhat refreshing but no beer like.

D: If you miss Zima, this might be for you.... But if you want beer forget about it...

1.97/5  rDev -8.8%

Slightly darker than pale amber with no hint of red. Shouldn't a pomegranate raspberry beer be some shade of red? What's the point of using a clear glass bottle if your product is going to be urine yellow? The appearance tells me that extracts were used (a negative) and that artificial colors weren't (a positive). The cotton white crown resembles melted styrofoam, crackles as it fades and leaves no more than a few scraps of sudsy lace.

This beer-like beverage (at least I'm hoping it'll be beer-like) smells nothing like beer. It smells like an alcopop; or what I imagine an alcopop smells like. It also smells like liquified raspberry candy. I can imagine a 'no alcohol' version of this stuff appealing to ten year olds. If it tastes like it smells, that is.

Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry isn't very sweet and it tastes vile. I thought I'd be drinking something akin to a raspberry wine cooler, but now that I mull it over, adding that much sugar would defeat the purpose of calling it Ultra (that is, 'ultra' low in carbs and calories).

This is truly horrible beer that almost defies description. It's barely grain-like with a pervasive artificial fruit flaver mixed with a melted plastic nastiness that results in an involuntary grimace each time I force myself to take a sip.

The mouthfeel is pretty close to lightly carbonated water. Only a minor slickness makes the distinction possible. To be truthful, it's hard to get a handle on things when my taste buds are begging me to stop the abuse.

I didn't expect to love Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry, but I did expect it to be drinkable. Live and learn. According to one of their press releases, the brewery's target is females, ages 21-49. It's hard to imagine anyone liking this abomination, no matter their sex, age or degree of dementia.

1.98/5  rDev -8.3%

Appearance- It is a straw gold almost brass color with a weak white head and lace.

Smell- It has sort of a kool-aid like smell to it. The aroma is very sweet.

Taste- It has an overly fruity infused with a cheap pils taste.

Mouthfeel- Thin and watery.

Drinkability- It is a great beer for people who want to say they drink beer but don't or a training wheel beer.

1.98/5  rDev -8.3%

My wife asked me in the grocery store: "Doesn't this look like it might be good?" I said no, but we bought it anyway. She doesn't ask for that much, so what the hell?

Pours a pee yellow color with a big noisy, fizzy, soda-like white head that disappears in a flash leaving nothing behind.
Smells like sweet artificial fruit flavoring and tastes much the same. Sugary pomegranate and rasberry flavor is about all there is here. A very weak malt presence hanging around somewhere in the back. This stuff doesn't qualify as beer in my opinion. It's more like a "flavored malt beverage" a la Zima. Starts off way overcarbonated and ends flat and watery.

It's fairly refreshing and not undrinkable, but it ain't beer. Suffice it to say that I wouldn't recommend this to any beer lover.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Appearance:Pale golden in color, exceptionally clear, with profuse carbonation, and a moderate white head, which retains well.

Aroma: Strong notes of maraschino cherries, not at all like raspberries and pomegranates, which the label promises. There is nothing in the aroma that is suggestive of beer.

Taste: Mild cherry flavor from start to finish, with a moderate malt presence in the middle of the taste. The finish is dominated by a lingering cherry note.

Mouth feel: Rather thin, with aggressive carbonation.

Drinkability/notes: While not awful, this is more like a malternative than a fruit-flavored beer.

Presentation: Packaged in a twelve-ounce clear glass bottle with a twist-off crown, served in a standard pint tap glass.

Appearance: Pale straw color with reddish tint.

Smell: Hint of raspberry puree.

Taste: Wow. It actually tastes like a diet raspberry soda.

Mouthfeel: Thin and fizzy.

Overall: I have nothing to say about this beverage. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Apart from the "lime in the Corona" this is my first of the fruit beers. Should have been a little wary when all the girls went crazy for it. Poured about a half-inch head, faded in 15 seconds. Some lacing that lasted a bit. Very light. Could definitely smell the pom. rasberry fruits. Didn't taste like a beer at all. Rather, it resembled a good fruit drink gone a little sour. Was extremely easy to drink, but don't plan on going with what's easy in the future.

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry from Anheuser-Busch