Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Lime Cactus has an exotic fruity aroma with a clean citrus finish.

Added by BEERchitect on 05-13-2007

We've found the MIchelob Ultra Lime Cactus to be an outstanding beer, and love the refreshing taste, and the after taste. The only beer that has come close to it was the Shiner Bock Lime Cactus, that was a limited production beer. It did not compare to this to the Michelob, and it's all we drink now.

I admit it...I love this beer! Ok, I know I am not suppose to, beer snobs, but I do. This is a LIGHT beer and should be reviewed as such. Before you discount my review, know that I love a good, hearty, rich beer, but I do not love the calories, or how filling it can be. I have been tasting my Dad's German fav's since I was 5, so I know what all kinds of beer tastes like. I have had many micro- brewery specialties, and liked many of them. I have enjoyed many a black and tan in England and Scotland...

But getting back to this beer. Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus is so light, but flavorful, and so refreshing! It is also for weight conscious beer lovers, who want something more. I would also recommend it to serve people (especially women) who don't really think they like beer...people who don't like the heaviness, and the "taste" of the standard, like a Bud, etc...

It has the lime with a hint of salt finish, like a margarita, but without the hard liquor, sugar, and calories... Try it, you'll love it as well as your non-beer drinker friends... It can be your gate-way beer for them!

I absolutely love this and am having trouble finding it! :( Was told today the warehouse was empty right now.Oh my goodness.I like this a lot and have recently about 3 months ago changed to this.Love the taste .Leaves no aftertaste .Help !!

Anheuser-Busch in Saint Louis, MO .I need this on the shelves in my area!!!! Pleased customer!

4.52/5  rDev +86%

You just burned a couple thousand calories on the bike. Why put them back on with a surly stout or pretentious porter? This beer is neither. Michelob makes honest, quality beers for hard working Americans. The Ultra Lime Cactus is definitely their pinnacle brew; a true epiphany in a bottle. Even tastier than the Pom Wheat. Keeping with the theme of simplicity and American pride, the bottle is twist-off which makes it even easier to quaff post-ride. My hands are sensitive and tender after a long excursion on the bicycle; I'm told Michelob's caps are tightened to a precise 2.8n/m which makes them easy to twist off, but ensures maximum oxygen barrier capacity. No detail is ignored. Step back and take a good look: From the light blocking clear bottles to the Neuvo-Americano label design, the true treasure is all around -- not just in the brew. The Ultra Lime Cactus (or ULC as I call it) is an experience not to be rushed.

4.49/5  rDev +84.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I feel like you either love this beer or hate it; I am the former. The beer is a wheat yellow type of color, and is very carbonated (has a huge head if you pour it into a glass). I personally enjoy the carbonated beer. It has an intense lime flavor, and IMO a MUCH better tasting beer than bud lite lime or any other lime beers out there. Has a crisp finish with little after taste. I call this beer a "candy" beer among my friends because it is so light and tasty. Lots of you beer purists will laugh at me for even rating this beer. I'm not a purist by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just a sucker for citrus tasting things and was fortunate to stumble upon the beer when I was in college. Thank the Lord that I did. Great beer to drink during the warm months of the year. Would recommend this to anyone who likes citrus tasting beer. Cheers!

4.25/5  rDev +74.9%

4.25/5  rDev +74.9%

A- very pale yellowish

S- My girlfriend says keystone with lime.... But I have to disagree, maybe my sense of smell is off, but I smell lime.

T- like a light beer with lime, but a bit better than any I have had thusfar.

M- a little fizzy and uneventful

D- Not the best beer, but I like it.

3.92/5  rDev +61.3%

For a light beer this is really a pretty decent beer. I see a lot of low ratings by the beer snobs. That shouldn't detour you from trying this beer. Just because it doesn't taste like you have a mouthful of ear wax doesn't mean it is not a good beer. There are other defining characteristics besides tasting like a bitter bottle of crap. This is a great summer beer. Great for drinking on a hot day. Nice smooth finish and the lime is pretty decent for a bottle that is mixed with the lime ahead of time. Definitely a better taste than the Bud Light Lime. I really think Michelob Ultra has found a great niche in the market with their whole line of beers. There are not many great tasting light beers out there. Michelob is one of the exceptions.

3.85/5  rDev +58.4%

Drank straight from the bottle at friends house. This beer was light and refreshing and surprisingly the lime addition worked fine in this beer. Could have had a few more with no trouble thanks to the light ABV.

3.77/5  rDev +55.1%

Drank directly from the bottle. Bright yellow color. Very crisp lime flavor and some other sweet flavors also. This beer is very easy to drink and is very refreshing on a warm spring day. Much better choice than bud lime or even Corona. This beer is pairing nicely with some homeade buffalo chicken and greek salad.

look: 2 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Refreshing in the summer Heat

3.74/5  rDev +53.9%

This isn't a go-to top shelf beer intended for appreciated consumption. It is however eminently refreshing on hot, humid summer days. It's crisp and clean, far superior to Bud Light Lime. For its purpose, i.e. refreshment, I'll reach for this one on a regular basis. It's easy to drink.

3.73/5  rDev +53.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

3.65/5  rDev +50.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

3.63/5  rDev +49.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

one of the best lime beers, watery but still very good everone i know seems to like it. has a dry taste to it guess thats why its called cactus , I put this at the number 1 light beer girls love it.

3.63/5  rDev +49.4%

While leaving Midway Airport I decided at the last minute to carry on a piece of luggage with some contraband - A bottle of mezcal complete with a fat red moth larvae common to the agave "cactus".

I asked if I could keep 4 oz and the worm but they frowned on my idea offering to allow me to go back and check the luggage just a few minutes before the flight took off.

I was think about my lost bottle of mezcal when I found this special release that I picked up in St. Louis.

If you into flavored light pilsners this one is well made and offers a interesting Lime Cactus flavor. Attractive packaging. Inviting aroma and typical light pilsner clean taste and watery mouthfeel.

Still quite drinkable on a hot summer day - the first one with temps in the 90's

3.57/5  rDev +46.9%

So my girlfriend really wanted to try this beer, so I broke down and grabbed a six of this. I decided "what the hell, why not try one?"

A: Pours a light yellow with two fingers of bone-white head that quickly fade. Minimal lacing.

S: Lime and some corn and grains fills the nose. It doesn't smell overpowering, yet smells like it actually might taste okay for a light lager.

T: For the style, this actually isn't bad...in fact...this actually tastes good. There is not an overpowering amount of lime...and it actually tastes like I put a lime in a beer...doesn't taste artificial. Who knows if it is or not. I tastes a slight bit of lime that fades into a mild flavor of grains and corn. Finishes very crisp and clean.

M: Carbonation is moderate, yet it feels like club soda and feels very much like water.

D: If you're into this style of beer, you can pound these brews all night. 4.2% ABV Isn't bad...AND ONLY 95 CALORIES!

I honestly believe this is the best of the "With Lime" beers out there. AB, thank you for actually doing something right.

3.5/5  rDev +44%