Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Lime Cactus has an exotic fruity aroma with a clean citrus finish.

Added by BEERchitect on 05-13-2007

50%

Reviews: 126 | Ratings: 275
2.92/5  rDev +20.7%

From notes taken 12/01/16:

Clear straw gold, extra pale. White half-fizzy head of moderate retention. Smells like a shandy, hints of lime juice. Lime juice is more distinct but less strong on palate. Prickly pear or similar cactus could be there somewhere, I suppose. I mean there’s a slight cucumber taste to it. But really the only other detectable quality is a lightly grassy/bready basic lager. Not even any hops to speak of, it’s all lost in the lime if anything. It’s okay on its own, would be better with some chips and salsa. Light-bodied, spritzy as can be.

2.8/5  rDev +15.7%

Pours a light yellow with almost no head at all. Smell and taste is sweet ( must be the cactus) a little hint of lime but well hidden. Mouthful is too watery for me. Overall not a bad drink but not one I would really want again.

3.85/5  rDev +59.1%

Drank straight from the bottle at friends house. This beer was light and refreshing and surprisingly the lime addition worked fine in this beer. Could have had a few more with no trouble thanks to the light ABV.

2.05/5  rDev -15.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Yellow, clear, fizzy, with a slight head. The aroma is like a lime soda, not a beer. The taste is moderately dry, very fruity, and not much in the way of malt or hops. It's much more of a fruit drink than a beer.

3.31/5  rDev +36.8%

On a hot day, when the beer is really cold, it tastes and feels great. It is a very light beer but the lime is very present and refreshing. As for the cactus aspect, ?????? Nothing craft or complex about it but highly palatable.

3.63/5  rDev +50%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

one of the best lime beers, watery but still very good everone i know seems to like it. has a dry taste to it guess thats why its called cactus , I put this at the number 1 light beer girls love it.

3.92/5  rDev +62%

For a light beer this is really a pretty decent beer. I see a lot of low ratings by the beer snobs. That shouldn't detour you from trying this beer. Just because it doesn't taste like you have a mouthful of ear wax doesn't mean it is not a good beer. There are other defining characteristics besides tasting like a bitter bottle of crap. This is a great summer beer. Great for drinking on a hot day. Nice smooth finish and the lime is pretty decent for a bottle that is mixed with the lime ahead of time. Definitely a better taste than the Bud Light Lime. I really think Michelob Ultra has found a great niche in the market with their whole line of beers. There are not many great tasting light beers out there. Michelob is one of the exceptions.

3.09/5  rDev +27.7%

Not a craft beer, and its not meant to be. For what it is its good, on a hot day ( working outside) i don't want a 9% or 10% abv ipa or porter i want this.

1.71/5  rDev -29.3%

Pours the color of urine with no lacing. Artificial like flavor makes it taste like sprite and beer. Good beer for hot days. Gives a decent buzz after consuming several. Not much beer belly bloat is a plus to it. I'll stick with bud light lime on the artificial beers. Fake beer.

2.41/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass, I have no reason why!
Aroma- smells of artificial lime
Appearance- Looks like urine.
Taste- Better than urine. . .that's not really a compliment
Overall- why bother, it is an artificial beer that might be OK on a hot summer day. But it is way to fake for me and not that great tasting

2.5/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Eh, drinkable, but not what I would classify as pleasant. Like a bud light lime, but with another off bit of flavor in there that I would assume is the Cactus part of it.

I don't care for Bud Light Lime, why do I need an 'fancified' version of that?

Would Drink Again: No
Would Purchase Again: No

2.25/5  rDev -7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus - Anheuser-Busch. Poured from the bottle into a pint glass, the head fizzes like lemon lime pop, no lacing, and a pale clear golden swill of a body.

Smells like flavored sparkling water :/

Tastes like sparkling water, but a little sharply on the flavor. How in the Hell is this any derivation of beer AT ALL?

Mouthfeel is that of carbonated water.

Overall a 2.25 for Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus - Anheuser-Busch. I'll never purchase this flavored water again. I mean, I give every brew its day, terrible to orgasm-in-the-mouth, so this had its day. But, like I said, never again.

3.1/5  rDev +28.1%

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 4.2% This brew pours out a nice light amber color with a small white head. The smell is crisp with lime and citrus. You pick up on minor grans in this brew. Now for the taste; it is lime with little to no grains at the end. Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus puts you in the mind of 7 up. The mouthfeel is light with some lime. Overall I'm giving this brew a 3 out of 5. Not the worst brew I've had but not the best. There is not much to this brew.

2.3/5  rDev -5%

From notes on 9/6/2013

Nice fresh lime smell. Almost no color. Looks like a cider. Actually kind of tastes like a cheap cider. Overall a refreshing drink.

3.74/5  rDev +54.5%

This isn't a go-to top shelf beer intended for appreciated consumption. It is however eminently refreshing on hot, humid summer days. It's crisp and clean, far superior to Bud Light Lime. For its purpose, i.e. refreshment, I'll reach for this one on a regular basis. It's easy to drink.

4.49/5  rDev +85.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I feel like you either love this beer or hate it; I am the former. The beer is a wheat yellow type of color, and is very carbonated (has a huge head if you pour it into a glass). I personally enjoy the carbonated beer. It has an intense lime flavor, and IMO a MUCH better tasting beer than bud lite lime or any other lime beers out there. Has a crisp finish with little after taste. I call this beer a "candy" beer among my friends because it is so light and tasty. Lots of you beer purists will laugh at me for even rating this beer. I'm not a purist by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just a sucker for citrus tasting things and was fortunate to stumble upon the beer when I was in college. Thank the Lord that I did. Great beer to drink during the warm months of the year. Would recommend this to anyone who likes citrus tasting beer. Cheers!

3.45/5  rDev +42.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Sampling right now on 2/7/14. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a pilsner glass.

Pours clear golden-yellow with no head to speak of at all as well as no lacing. LOTS of bubbles due to high carbonation. The aroma is of grains and lime. The taste is the same but on the 'watered-down' side as would be excepted. Actually goes down easy with no bitter aftertaste. I liked this one BETTER than the regular Mick Ultra I had several months ago. Probably good for a hot summer's day.

1.44/5  rDev -40.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Roommate picked this up on sale for $0.50 a bottle.

A - Golden color and rather effervescent.

S - Smells like imitation lime

T - Imagine combining michelob ultra or any other light lager with a lime snow cone. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't lime. I'm not really sure why cactus is in the name because I certainly don't taste any.

M - Like any other light lager, it is light and bubbly.

O - If you are going to consume a product that is this fake and synthesized I feel like you should just go with a malt beverage.

A-very clear pale with a white head that fades quickly
S-sweet grain with a citrus lime aroma coming in strong
T-lime was that taste with the sweet grain, and a crisp taste
M-light body with high carbonation
O-Bud light lime was better, but it might have something to do with me knowing this beer did not use real limes to flavor it.

1.4/5  rDev -42.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

My brother grabbed this as part of a mix-six.

Poured from a 12 oz twist-cap bottle into my tulip (lolz)

A = pissy yellowish green color, fizzy like soda.

S = fake lemon-lime scent, almost like Gatorade; can't detect malts or hops

T = tastes like somebody steeped a bunch of gummy worms in club soda, no hop bitterness

M = fizzy and thin, typical AAL mouthfeel

O = a horrible beer, do not recommend at all

1.63/5  rDev -32.6%

2.33/5  rDev -3.7%

12 oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present. I've never had the original Michelob Ultra, so I have nothing to compare this to. The bottle claims a 4.00% abv, rather than the 4.20% listed on BeerAdvocate. Not expecting too much, based on the fact that this is an Anheuser-Busch product.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass.

A - Pours about one finger of extremely lively carbonated white fizz, audibly sizzling away. Body is a clear yellow-straw-green color with massive carbonation bubbles everywhere. No lacing.

S - Smell is of extremely light citrus lemons & lime, grainy corn, and wet cardboard. For some reason, I feel like it smelled better when I drank it out of the bottle.

T - Taste improves a bit from the nose. Light, crisp, and citric with some carbonation tingling the tongue. Very light lime flavor, but at least it feels somewhat authentic, not completely artificial like a Bud Light Lime does. No real distinctive cactus taste, but it does have a cucumber gatorade / plant like taste buried in there somewhere.

M - Feel is crisp, carbonated, and finishes dry. Extremely light bodied and easy drinking. Practically no aftertaste whatsoever.

Overall, an extremely light, easy-drinking, refreshing beverage, perfect for a scorching summer day. Although, beyond that, I can't really see a need for such a product. The concept is nice, but it is of course poorly executed. This would probably be best if you just drank it straight from the bottle. Probably not something I would buy often, but I would definitely drink it again, and it was more than affordable at $6.99 for a six pack. I look forward to trying the Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry, among other variations.

Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus ---2.5/5

I absolutely love this and am having trouble finding it! :( Was told today the warehouse was empty right now.Oh my goodness.I like this a lot and have recently about 3 months ago changed to this.Love the taste .Leaves no aftertaste .Help !!

Anheuser-Busch in Saint Louis, MO .I need this on the shelves in my area!!!! Pleased customer!

2.51/5  rDev +3.7%

match1112 with the this stellar extra. 12 oz bottle into a tulip glass.

A - Pours a clear amber body looking very much like a basic AAL. Some soapy edging with minimal lacing.

S - Artificial lime juice and a very off putting chemical aroma. Not sure if its the "cactus" or just some skunked beer. Its fruity, fake, and kind of offensive.

T - Better. Skunked beer with an artificial lime finish as well as a gummy bear like sweetness. Its drinkable enough.

O - This is different than most lime beers, namely Bud Light Lime. I suppose its that cactus edge giving it some extra agave nectar sweetness. I understand that most beers have a purpose, even crappy or fruited ones. I just can't imagine anyone buying this for enjoyment. Its just not that good.

We've found the MIchelob Ultra Lime Cactus to be an outstanding beer, and love the refreshing taste, and the after taste. The only beer that has come close to it was the Shiner Bock Lime Cactus, that was a limited production beer. It did not compare to this to the Michelob, and it's all we drink now.

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus from Anheuser-Busch