Michelob Ultra | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Brewed using the finest barley malt, select grains, all-imported hops and a pure-cultured yeast strain. The special choice of grains combined with the extended mashing process produces a smooth, refreshing beer with fewer carbohydrates.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-19-2002

Ratings: 2,317 |  Reviews: 609
1.8/5  rDev -2.7%

A - Watered down straw color. Pours like a ginger ale; lots of head and carbonation, then nothing.

S - Aroma is a a little sour. Hints of apple and corn.

T - Very watery. The back end even tastes a bit sour. Leaves an almost oily residue behind. Almost no flavor at all.

M - After the first few sips, this beer goes completwly flat. And since its flavor is watery to begin with, the feel is no different.

O - If you are actually drinking this beer while dieting, I'm sure it would be fine for you, but if you are looking for a tastey sessionable light lager, this is something very worthy of a session, but very much lacking in the flavor department.

1.8/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

Appearance: An ultra-clear yellow. Like a thimble of urine poured into a liter of water. The only thing that saves this from a 1 is that it has a head. Nose is incredibly faint grains. Taste is mild corn, and nothing else. Mouthfeel is thin and watery. Drinkability is similar to that of water.

1.8/5  rDev -2.7%

How bad can cheap ass beer get?? You got your answer right here with michelob Ultra. I love the commercials AB puts out for this beer. People pumping iron and "rewarding themselves" by drinking this crap. HA! How can this stuff ever be considered a reward? It's just carbonated water! Tastes like water. Smells like water with a shot of rubbing alcohol in it. Feels like water with carbonation added. Hey it is water! Sometimes I really wonder how much it costs AB to make this stuff. Water costs close to nothing and ow much can CO2 cost, so I guess this beer cost AB practically nothing except for the cost of all those commercials.

1.8/5  rDev -2.7%

had a 10 oz can of this on a cruise ship last summer, review from memory...

I asked for a glass and the bartender gave me a short straight 'high ball' type glass

it's yellow and had a head for all of ten seconds.

not much in the aroma here

taste like really watered down beer

it's fizzy, that's all

I'm glad I'm not watching my carb intake and I don't have to drink this.

My aunt drinks this....

Poured out of a 12 oz bottle into a cylinder style glass.

A) Pale yellow. Inch of white foam. No retention or lacing.

S) Really is nonexistent, maybe a little sweetness.

T) Follows the nose pretty closely. There is some corn and green grape, but it really is almost flavorless.

M) It is ultra light with moderate carbonation. Thin and unpleasant is about as complimentary as I can get.

O) How does my aunt drink this...

1.8/5  rDev -2.7%

Poured a very light yellow color with minimal white head that disappeared almost immediately.

No real smell to this drink.

Taste is practically non-existent.

I was at a restaurant with a very limited beer selection and thought I'd give this a try. This was the first and last time I'll drink this "beer".

1.8/5  rDev -2.7%

Drank Dec. 27. From bottle into shaker glass. Very little color, very little flavor. Looked at the last sip or two and wondered if it was water or beer waiting for me. Low carb, low everything. Overpriced in the premium beer market. Almost as bad as Bud Light. I prefer Miller Lite over this anyday. Bad beer, and does not deserve the Michelob name attached to it.

1.79/5  rDev -3.2%

1.78/5  rDev -3.8%

Garbage at best. Ugly Champagne bubbly color with 1 finger same color head that receded quickly leaving no film to speak of. It looked like a light beer, drank like a light beer and tasted like water with a side of bland bread. It had a boring and long lasting bad mouth feel that was even unpleasant to think about even today.

1.78/5  rDev -3.8%

Pours a clean, pale straw color with minimal plume of white head despite many bubbles. Smell is almost non-existant, faint dried hay and slight corn. Taste is rather non existant too except for the light touch of boiled corn on the finnish. Extremely light, very watery and highly carbonated. The only positive i can say is that the off flavors were kept to a minimum, but so were all of the flavors.

1.78/5  rDev -3.8%

I dont know what to say about this that hasnt already been said. No taste at all, whith little to no smell. Carbonation is really high and it taste like club soda. I think there trying to faze out this product with the new bud select. The sad thing is I could most likely drink about 10 of them cause its so close to water.

1.78/5  rDev -3.8%

Served in a bottle at Earl of Sandwich in Newark International Airport (EWR) Terminal A

A: Pours a very pale yellow in color with very few golden yellow highlights and minimal amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a quarter finger tall thin soapy white head that quickly reduces to the faintest of rings at the edges of the glass. Minimal to light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Overall the aroma of this beer is almost non-existant, there is a faint aroma of corn adjunct malts.

T: Light to moderate flavors of adjunct malts, both corn and rice seem to stand out for me. Extremely light hints of grassy hops that give the beer a light amount of bitterness in the finish.

M: Light bodied with moderate amounts of carbonation. Slightly thin/watery.

O: Easy to drink but definitely not a beer that I will be getting again - limited selection at the airport lead to trying this one... It is too thin and too watery to really be enjoyable.

1.78/5  rDev -3.8%

I was over at a friend of a friend's house and this was one of the limited choices. I think I might just choose water next time. It's all been said before: urine colored, limp foam, no flavor, taste, nor decent mouthfeel. Heard rumors that they use synthetic hops. Very popular with the south beach crew looking to "cut carbs."

However, you are all overlooking the actual best usage for the beer. It does make a good marinade for shellfish. We've also used it before as the base of steaming shrimp and crabs. Cheap, easy, and doesn't pain me to use because I don't want to drink it.

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

1.78/5  rDev -3.8%

A - Pours an extremely clear pale yellow. Lighter than yellow. Almost like lemon juice, but extremely clear. Very active carbonation and a pristine white head, which quickly disappeared.

S - Not very strong nose on this one. Smells of barley, and a sweetness that I can only assume is corn, but it is not 100% distinguishable.

T - Sweet and waterly. The initial taste is a mix of oatmeal and polenta that has been watered down. Not trying to bash this beer, it just does not have strong and pronounced flavors. There is a cereal like quality to it, think Cheerios. There is a slight metallic taste, very slight, and another wave of sweet corn washes over the tongue. The aftertaste is all Cheerios.

M - Thin, watery. The carbonation is so active in the glass I am surprised at how flat it feels going down. I suppose it is because there is not much body to keep the carbonation in place.

O - Epic fail. I've never been a fan of "light" beer. The only time I ever drank a steady supply of it was because we were playing drinking games in college, and you could plow through an 18 pack and still drink more after the game. I would usually opt for Coors Light, but really any light beer would work. This one is a big step below even those beers. The only thing going for this beer is that it is "low carb" however, I've never seen anyone just drink one or two of these. People finish the 12 pack, which really doesn't make it a low carb beer.

1.78/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1.75

1.78/5  rDev -3.8%

Drank this at the golf course. Has a non existent smell and has very little taste. Frankly I have had non Alcoholic beers that were better than this. I should have gone for the Gatorade. Easily the worst beer I have had. I am probably being kind with my rating.

1.77/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

1.77/5  rDev -4.3%