Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Michelob Ultra | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Brewed using the finest barley malt, select grains, all-imported hops and a pure-cultured yeast strain. The special choice of grains combined with the extended mashing process produces a smooth, refreshing beer with fewer carbohydrates.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-19-2002

Ratings: 2,341 |  Reviews: 615

2.95/5  rDev +56.9%

From the 12 fl. oz. thin can marked 22APR13-OH88. Sampled on May 27, 2013.

So mine is the 11-hundredth review of this beer. I am honored to be a milestone reviewer.

This review is based solely on the style of a Light Lager. This looks a little thinner in the pale yellow color than a typical adjunct and it comes with a fizzy white head that dissolves in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

The aroma is grainy with corn, bread, and a clean, fresh but subtle hop bite. Pretty average for the style.

The body is little more watery than others in the style. So below average.

The taste is also a little bready with light pale malts, some sweetness, and a cool, clean hop finish to balance it out. So average.

Going entirely on style this is a refreshing and easy to quaff light lager but don't expect anything out of the ordinary. Just expect to be refreshed after a busy day mowing the lawn.

2.5/5  rDev +33%

3.26/5  rDev +73.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I had earlier written I would never, ever, drink another light beer again...well, I lied, and for the most part I didn't regret it.

In my younger days, when I didn't know better, I thought Michelob was the best beer could get - ah, the foolishness of youth...anyway, Michelob will always have a special place in my heart, so I when I learned the restaurant had Mich Ultra, and I knew I never tried it, I thought, "What the heck." It pours an average yellow color, and it's head is short and short-lived. It does however have a good bit of lacing, which is surprising. The brew had a distant smell and taste of honey (of all things) mixed with the normal hoppy and malty flavors of a big-brewery beer. Mouthfeel was more than I expected - it was very bold for a light beer - also surprising. Overall, I gave it a slightly above average rating - most likely out of dumb, youthful loyalty seeping into my old age...

If you drink, please don't drive, and if you have to drive, then do us all a favor and don't drink...

2.79/5  rDev +48.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.75

2.25/5  rDev +19.7%