Michelob Ultra | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Brewed using the finest barley malt, select grains, all-imported hops and a pure-cultured yeast strain. The special choice of grains combined with the extended mashing process produces a smooth, refreshing beer with fewer carbohydrates.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-19-2002

Ratings: 2,295 |  Reviews: 606

Bought a 2x4 to sample this fine brew..

Take 1 oz of any light beer and pour 23oz if water in it and you can make your own mich ultra.

This is the most pale flavorless beer I've ever tried..

3.59/5  rDev +94.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

1.09/5  rDev -41.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

2.65/5  rDev +43.2%

Two 12 oz cans born on 1/16/17 poured into a Michelob wheat beer glass at fridge temp. Pour is almost completely translucent with only a watery straw color. Head is white and short lived. Some lacing is present which is a surprise for something this thin. Smell is very faint of apples or pears, no corn or sweetness. Taste is almost absent. I'm not sure I can name a single taste. I suppose that is the goal of this beer. It is just barely tart with a hint of bitterness to offset what little malt was used. Mouthfeel is a watered down version of the soapy/oily feel one would expect from an AAL. It's only barely there as well. Overall, it is what it is, the ultimate manifestation of the AAL for folks who don't like AAL and don't know what else to drink.

2.6/5  rDev +40.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

1.13/5  rDev -38.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

2.85/5  rDev +54.1%

Holy crap Bat Man that is one pale, pale golden beer. Has a few fingers of a crackling white head that dissapears before my very eyes.

Smells oddly like a beer flavored water. Or could that just be watered down beer? Just not a lot on the smell.

Taste is just like the nose. I seriously feel like I opened something like a Coors and some rotten monkey poured a glassful of water into my beer.

Very thin and watery mouth feel that finishes like a drink of cold water.

I cannot say anything real nice about this beer flavored water like beverage. It does however make me long for a Miller Lite. I think that even Coors Light has more flavor than this. Oh well, you have to give them a shot right? That said if you don't want a beer (huh?) and you don't want a glass of water this might fit in between that slot.

1.88/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

1.19/5  rDev -35.7%

I picked up a single 24 of this basically to sample a brew that ranks lower than Bud Light on Beer Advocate.
Well, it lives down to its ranking. Like many American light lagers, it doesn't taste awful, which is the main problem.
It has not distinctive look, smell, nor taste. It's about the palest beer I've ever seen and looks do not deceive here. That said, it does go down easy, but that may be due to the fact that there is not flavor to interfere with the journey.

1.84/5  rDev -0.5%

1.07/5  rDev -42.2%

Some of the blandest beer I've ever had.

The appearance is a clear straw gold.

The aroma is corn, malt sweetness with some grain as well.

The taste is malt sweetness, grains and corn.

The palate is light with a bit of lingering malt sweetness.

Overall this is a really bad example of an American light lager.

2.31/5  rDev +24.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Better than Budweiser but still unpleasant. I had this once in May 2016 in a 25 oz can I got from a local drive thru to relax on a warm sunset and try it. Close family friends drank this when I was a kid and I wanted to judge it for myself. Quickly dispersing foamy head, looks like any other AAL if not lighter... Smells like rice and soap. Like I find with most Anheuser-Busch beers, it had a characteristic sickly sweetness to which I despise. Feels carbonated as expected. Watery, also expected. No aftertaste, really. Standard AB quality (low).

1.43/5  rDev -22.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

2.17/5  rDev +17.3%

2.33/5  rDev +25.9%

2.07/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

2.33/5  rDev +25.9%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

My friends and I call Michelob Ultra "Uncle Beer" because it's the beer that seemingly all of our mid-50s to mid-60s uncles drink. Never had I ever tried it or planned to try it until I found myself broke this Christmas and unable to bring a six-pack of my own choice of beer to a family gathering. Seeing me without a beer, my uncle offered me an Uncle Beer. So I accepted.

This beer is light yellow, I think the lightest yellow I've ever seen a beer. Completely clear, fairly bubbly. I gave the smell a 2, because it doesn't smell bad. (It doesn't smell good either, it doesn't really smell at all actually.) The taste is... passable. It's really not bad. Actually better than a couple other light beers I've had. The feel similarly isn't the worst thing in the world. It's drinkable. I'd rather drink a couple of these light things than try to choke down a poorly made thick, heavy porter or stout.

Overall it's ok. I would drink this if offered for free at a BBQ or gathering and there were no other options, but I would never buy Michelob Ultra.

Michelob Ultra from Anheuser-Busch