Budweiser & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

Liked:
2.06/5
Alströms:

3.95/5  rDev +91.7%

Let me start by saying this is not really beer - it's a beer cocktail. It ain't a lager, ipa, pale ale, stout etc etc - it's just beer mixed with spicy tomato juice. Sooooo, why did I give it a 4 you might ask???? I happen to love tomato juice, I love anything spicy and as you can imagine . . . I love beer sooooo this stuff (though it ain't really a beer) is super tasty IMO. It tastes like fizzy spicy tomato juice with a slight hint of beer. I have always seen this at the local liquor store and I never bothered to buy it but one day - in a moment of weakness - I said to myself "what the hey - let's give it a try" and lo and behold - I love it.

3.75/5  rDev +82%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Tall 25 oz can (free ounce!). No head really. Looks like a bloody mary. Tastes pretty similar to a lighter version of a bloody mary. Tomatoes and some peppers. It's pretty much what you'd expect it to be. I like it for what it is. But I really enjoy bloodies.

3.46/5  rDev +68%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.64/5  rDev +76.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.55/5  rDev +72.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Backlog. 24 oz can. I love this stuff! I don’t care what anyone says! I never thought I’d give anything Anheuser-Busch makes such a high rating, but I do love a red beer every now and then, especially on a hangover. AB has made the perfect red beer in my opinion. *blows raspberries at all the beer snobs*

Edit: I wrote that review in 2009, and all these years later, I've found a much better michelada: Modelo Chelada Tamarindo Picante.

look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

3.09/5  rDev +50%

Great morning beer or hangover helper. pretty rough otherwise. Spicy tomato juice and a background of cheap beer makes this one go to the bottom but like I said, the morning after cure to get you going again !!

1.08/5  rDev -47.6%

Aroma is tomatoes, salt and mild malts/grains. The flavor is pretty much the same as the aroma. Could only stand a sip, knew it was going to be a mistake.

1.09/5  rDev -47.1%

Rippin' through flesh is what this beer does best, tear off my arm amputate my neck, eyes removed cranium smashed decomposing remains of my tongue severed in half.

It's so bad it's almost good. I usually take my reviews very seriously but it isn't even worth it. No words can truly explain this nectar of the Gods. I'd like to thank my neighbor for graciously donating this can to me. I will now pour it into a garbage bag and bury it. The soil wont be fertile for years ( think another potato famine ). This beer is the direct result of Barack Hussein Obama. Fox News told me so. Impeach Obummah! No therd turm!1;1;1;1; Mah guns!;1;1;

1.05/5  rDev -49%

3.88/5  rDev +88.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Cloudy reddish pink color with a slightly pink two and a half finger of head. The head was quite perforated through with large bubbles and was settling quickly into the beer.

Smells like tomatoes and something sweet like lime or citrus. Not much of any beer smell coming up to the nose.

The taste was quite surprising. Tastes of a nice mix of beer and clamato. As it should.

The mouth feel was more full bodied than other watery canned Micheladas.

I like to make my own tomato beers on occasion but do find a pre made version to be handy now and then. This applies only if the combo is done correctly, unlike so many commercial varieties of Micheladas. This one comes close to that good variety. I could see adding a bit more spicy heat and a touch of salty goodness. If you do not like tomato juice in your beer stay away from this one and avoid it like the plague. For those that enjoy the mix this one is really worth a try.

2.15/5  rDev +4.4%

2.25/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.07/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

1.29/5  rDev -37.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

2.4/5  rDev +16.5%

This is certainly not the ideal michelada type drink. However, it's kinda tasty and refreshing. It's not *good* but it's just good enough for me to grab a can on occasion. Go for the spicy version if you find it.

4.7/5  rDev +128.2%

Honestly at first I was skeptical about this drink. The first time I drank it I did not like it. But there was something about the way it tasted made me want to try it again. Long story short, I fell in love with it and it's my go to drink in the summer!

2.79/5  rDev +35.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

1.02/5  rDev -50.5%

I had the Bud light version back in 2007. I decided to get the regular, just in case my taste has changed. I'm hoping for the best, but fearing for the worst. The picture will be in WBAYDN 1271.

Poured into a shot glass, just in case.

Pours light pink, the head was thick, but went away almost instantly. The nose is oh, god, why did I open this. putrid tomato, mixed with a bad fish smell, mixed with bad beer. Some chunks in the shot glass.

Taste: do I have to drink this? Ohhhhhh, yes I do, so it can be a proper review. The taste is putrid. Bad beer, bad tomato, bad clam juice. Oh, why do I want a beer style this badly? One sip was all I can take. No more. rest is a drain pour, and I feel bad for the drain.

I tried this...whatever it is, on a stupid dare. I rank this somewhere between MD40 and Night Train. It's what you buy when you absolutely want/need to punish yourself and/or your tastebuds. If you only have a few dollars in your pocket and absolutely need a drink, Steel Reserve is a safer bet.

Budweiser & Clamato Chelada from Anheuser-Busch