Budweiser & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Zorro on 06-24-2007

Got from Scoobydank as part of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly BIF - damn you!!! Poured from a 16oz can (no dating info) into a shaker glass. This did not deserve a pint and I'll have throw away the shaker now that it's been tainted with this evil. It was a watered down bloody mary color. It was very cloudy and had layers to it. Just looked disgusting. It had no head at all. Just some light fizz that almost instantly evaporated. No visible carb or lacing.

The aroma was horrendous. I HATE tomato juice and detest clams so this one is pure hell. The smell alone made me gag. My wife got a huge kick out of watching me smell and taste this thing. She wouldn't try it herself - smart. I could barely get around the smell but I had to taste it since the Ugly in the BIF. Absolutely awful. Did I mention that I HATE tomato juice and clams! Could only get 2 large sips down before I had to drain pour. This is by far, the worst "beer" I have ever tasted. May it rot in hell!!!!

Been wanting to try this one for a long time, glad I finally had the chance.

Appearance: Fizzy, hazy reddish-pink with no head retention.

Smell: Cilantro, parsley, tomatoes and faint seafood. Normally this would be appetizing to me, but this is beer we're talking about here, and it's cold. Kinda revolting.

Taste & mouthfeel: Salty tomato with a clammy kick. I can't really taste any actual beer flavors here, but Bud is pretty subtle stuff to begin with. Honestly, beer geekery aside, this is probably the worst beer I've ever tasted. It's every bit as bad as I was hoping it would be, possibly even moreso. My quest to find the worst beer ever made has come to an end. Now to grab a couple cans to cellar...

Drank from a 24 oz. can. Bought this thinking it would taste like a michelada.

I know the rest of the U.S. probably hasn't heard of micheladas, but they are really good in the morning and are best served w/ a mexican beer such as Sol or Pacifico. touch of tomato juice, lots of lime, few shakes of salt and plenty of hot sauce (Valentina is the best for this).

A-B's version of this is NOT anywhere close to a michelada.

This abomination smells like clam poo-poo, if bivalves do indeed take a dump. The taste is even worse...I cant even begin to describe how nasty this is. I nearly wretch just trying to take a sip. How can they sell this stuff?

Mouthfeel is like a can of bud light that a dog has taken a crap in and left outside in 100 degree weather for 2 weeks.

Please avoid this at all costs, I beg you. Would never buy again, in fact I wouldnt drink a whole one of these if someone gave me 10 dollars. Worst thing I have ever tasted, no doubt.

24 oz can: Pours a weird looking cloudy orangish/amber color with a medium sized white head that diminishes into nothing. Aroma is bloody Mary mix and a little bit a grainy scent. Taste is salty, tomato, and a bit of a strange taste to it. Palate is tomato, salty, and rather strange for a beer to say the least. Overall, I kind of get the idea what Budweiser was going for. It just amazes me that they make this stuff rather than trying to make quality craft beer. Oh well...It's Budweiser. I'm sorry after trying to drink the rest of this can. Drain pour! Cheers!

I'm sorry, I personally don't think this beer deserves an actual review. I know BA doesn't like beers being openly bashed but this is possibly the most foul tasting things I've ever put in my mouth. I don't know why I still see it at my local grocery store to this day. Sorry but this is unacceptable

This beer has nothing to recommend it. It wound up as a drain pour. Pours a dark pink color with a light pink head. The head is a weak fizzy one that fades fast. No lacing

Smells like clam juice with tomato. Taste is the same. Little or no taste of beer. You can't say the mouthfeel is too thin. The clam juice and tomato taste are thick, but again there is no hint of beer. Drinkability is terrible. I poured it down the sink after about 6 ounces. I would rather get a buzz off Listerine.

If you want to try something different that is widely criticized, get some Cave Creek Chile beer. More than likely you won't like it, but you will probably finish the bottle.

"This is some fucked up repugnant shit." -Pulp Fiction

1 pint 8 fl oz can acquired at a cheap Mexican cornerstore in Los Angeles and served into a hefeweissbier glass in me gaff. Reviewed live. Expectations could not be worse.

A: Three finger head of off-pink vomit colour (really, it's fucking uncanny), terrible retention, and no cream. Colour is a nontransparent hazy red. Horrible appearance all around.

Sm: Vomit and tomato puree, with perchance some light grapefruit. This is one of the worst aromas I've ever encountered. And it's moderately strong to boot.

T: Vomit and tomato. Perhaps putrefaction and vague meconium to boot. Really one of the foulest concoctions I've ever endeavored to swallow. Some light clam notes are present, which add to the mixture in a distinctly miserable way. Horribly, wretchedly built and balanced. Atrociously awful. What in Ireland we refer to as "utter shite". It's like they combined Hitler's bodily fluids (and I do mean ALL of them) with smegma. I imagine it would taste the same on the way up. Seriously disgusting.

Mf: Smooth and wet.

Dr: It's appalling this beer even has a market. Who buys this more than once? This is plain terrible. This is otherwordly in its wretchedness. There's a distinct vomit note, and I say that without hyperbole. It would actually be better if it were watery. Please for the love of God don't consume this filth. This is an insult to beer, even by AH Busch standards. Jaysus H Fooking Christ, lads. Don't even use this for cooking. Unfathomably foul.

On the plus side, this probably has enough calories to last you the whole day, so there's value there if you're a decrepit homeless man (or woman - let's be P.C.!) living in alleyway squalor.

If this isn't a 1 out of 5, what is? Where do we draw the line?

I ended up at a party the other night, after a long day, mind warped and body tired. I saw folks drinking this beer, and I could not resist the evil pull, something inside my wrecked brain urging me to try it, imploring me, to the point where my desire to try this beer bordered on the brink of obsession, and I just had to try it. And it was fucking disgusting. Somehow the brewers at Anheuser Busch managed to make one of the worst macros out there taste even worse. Luckily, I could not taste any clam juice, but I got a little pickling spice, some cheap tomato juice and a nasty taste lingering in my mouth.

Budweiser & Clamato Chelada from Anheuser-Busch