Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Budweiser & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Zorro on 06-24-2007

Saw this at the store and had to try it. Ended up being a good way to increase my appreciation for quality beer. A cloudy pinkish red with not much of a head. The nose and taste are of watered down tomato juice and stale grains. Thin body with too much carbonation. Terrible stuff.

poured from a 24oz bottle into a standard pint glass

A: reddish color, looks like a bloody mary

S: like V-8 mixed with a typical american light lager. i'm already dreading the taste.

T: yup. i think i puked in my mouth a little.

MF: honesty, it didn't stay in my mouth long enough to get a sense. i had it in my mouth and was instantly chasing it with some liquor to burn my taste buds.

Drinkability: not at all and never again.

to be honest, i don't like bloody mary's or clams. it was doomed right from the start.

If I could have given this less than 1.0... I would have. I sampled this at Beer On The Pier 08. I wish I hadn't.

I enjoy the occational Bloody Mary, but this was something completely different. This was just wrong.

My recommendation... walk away. I imagine the creation of this was a plank that a couple of frat boys wanted to play on a buddy.

Joe - Hey, Frank. Come here. I've got a joke we can play on the new guy.

Frank - Cool. What is it.

Joe - Alright, lets take his bud and add tomato juice to it.

Frank - That's bad, but...

Joe - Wait, I wasn't done yet. Next we add clam juice to it.

Frank - I'm going to be sick.

Clamato pours a reddish pinkish color with no head. It smells like tomato juice and vomit. The taste is soapy with big tomato flavors very salty. Horrible flat body, horrible flavors. Overall it is not only the worst beer I ever had, it is the worst thing I have ever tasted.

I tried this...whatever it is, on a stupid dare. I rank this somewhere between MD40 and Night Train. It's what you buy when you absolutely want/need to punish yourself and/or your tastebuds. If you only have a few dollars in your pocket and absolutely need a drink, Steel Reserve is a safer bet.

The worst 'beer' Ive ever had. Extremely salty and extremely nasty.

Ok, let me start off by saying I'm not a religious man. But this beer has made me believe that Satan is very real. I don't even know where to begin. Should I start with the atrocious excuse of a can design or the vomit inducing pungent smell? Whenever you open this literal sin to mankind I am convinced that the terrorist won if this this is even allowed to exist. Me and my friends were dumbfounded after tasting this. Is this a joke? Does this excuse of a beverage actually sell? Is this the one thing that slipped through the matrix? After taking a sip I felt like releasing the contents of my stomach and dying. I just don't know anymore.

I said the same thing about the Bud Light version - Worst... beer... ever.

We bought a can of this because it sounds so disgusting we were intrigued. It didn't let us down. We had 9 people taste it and only one person liked it enough to finish the can for us (he's living in Montana and said "red beer" is often served at bars). This beer is the most disgusting beverage (let alone beer) I have tasted in a very long time.

Horrible. Just horrible. It looks like ruby red grapefruit juice. Zero head. Murky liquid with frightening floaties lurking in the depths. The aroma is mostly rotting vegetable matter with a light smack of clam. The flavor is fairly putrid. I've never had clamato, but I do like V-8. This is gross. I'm not sure what else to say about it. Well, I will say that Bud Chelada doesn't exactly belong on the same scale as a normal beer. It's not really possible to judge the brewing quality because it is very difficult to taste the beer. What I can judge is that the combination of this beer, Clamato, lime and salt is horrible.

I had the Bud Light Chelada and found it to be horrid. Could Budweiser Chelada be as bad?

Has a pinkish orange color with a practically non-existent head. Reminds me of the color of the chum used in the movie "Jaws". Smells vile. Clam juice, tomato juice, and cooked rice? This is not a good combination.

The taste is nothing to write home about. With the clam juice, I can't help but to compare it to the chum used in "Jaws". True, I never tasted or smelled chum, but could this be much different? The worse part about this is the clam and tomato combination. Who thought that was a good idea? The cooked rice is all to familiar from regular Bud. This is a disaster.

Mouthfeel? Drinkability? Who is kidding who? Just stay away from this mess.

Budweiser & Clamato Chelada from Anheuser-Busch