Budweiser & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Zorro on 06-24-2007

1.05/5  rDev -48.5%

3.88/5  rDev +90.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Cloudy reddish pink color with a slightly pink two and a half finger of head. The head was quite perforated through with large bubbles and was settling quickly into the beer.

Smells like tomatoes and something sweet like lime or citrus. Not much of any beer smell coming up to the nose.

The taste was quite surprising. Tastes of a nice mix of beer and clamato. As it should.

The mouth feel was more full bodied than other watery canned Micheladas.

I like to make my own tomato beers on occasion but do find a pre made version to be handy now and then. This applies only if the combo is done correctly, unlike so many commercial varieties of Micheladas. This one comes close to that good variety. I could see adding a bit more spicy heat and a touch of salty goodness. If you do not like tomato juice in your beer stay away from this one and avoid it like the plague. For those that enjoy the mix this one is really worth a try.

2.15/5  rDev +5.4%

2.25/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.07/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

1.29/5  rDev -36.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

2.4/5  rDev +17.6%

This is certainly not the ideal michelada type drink. However, it's kinda tasty and refreshing. It's not *good* but it's just good enough for me to grab a can on occasion. Go for the spicy version if you find it.

4.7/5  rDev +130.4%

Honestly at first I was skeptical about this drink. The first time I drank it I did not like it. But there was something about the way it tasted made me want to try it again. Long story short, I fell in love with it and it's my go to drink in the summer!

2.79/5  rDev +36.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

1.02/5  rDev -50%

I had the Bud light version back in 2007. I decided to get the regular, just in case my taste has changed. I'm hoping for the best, but fearing for the worst. The picture will be in WBAYDN 1271.

Poured into a shot glass, just in case.

Pours light pink, the head was thick, but went away almost instantly. The nose is oh, god, why did I open this. putrid tomato, mixed with a bad fish smell, mixed with bad beer. Some chunks in the shot glass.

Taste: do I have to drink this? Ohhhhhh, yes I do, so it can be a proper review. The taste is putrid. Bad beer, bad tomato, bad clam juice. Oh, why do I want a beer style this badly? One sip was all I can take. No more. rest is a drain pour, and I feel bad for the drain.

I tried this...whatever it is, on a stupid dare. I rank this somewhere between MD40 and Night Train. It's what you buy when you absolutely want/need to punish yourself and/or your tastebuds. If you only have a few dollars in your pocket and absolutely need a drink, Steel Reserve is a safer bet.

2.12/5  rDev +3.9%

1.06/5  rDev -48%

With the amount of fizzy yellow and tomato red, you get that shade of pink you see on the sidewalks Sunday morning around bars and whatnot. Aroma is nasty, but if you really try you can try and isolate some tomato.

Taste is like bud light ketchup. Gross sweetness, shitty juice beer, lemon, pepper, gtfo with this nonsense.

One of the worst beers of all time. Utterly terrible in every way. You have no father.

1.15/5  rDev -43.6%

Considering I couldn't find Morning Glory, Fou Foune or Pliny the Younger for my thousandth review, I thought I would do something a little different.

Pours a beautiful, hazy red with floating pureed tomato and little red chunks for texture. Can't tell if they are seeds or pieces of tomato skin. Either way, they are very appealing to the eye. Pink, fizzy, soda-like carbonation performs the most amazing disappearing act. Who wants head on their beer anyway?

Complex, delicate aroma of rotten tomatoes paired elegantly with sea salt and lime. Really brings out the strength and spiciness of the rotten fruit.

Flavor begins with savory sea salt quickly shifting into citric, tropical lime. Tomatoes come to life mid drink imparting wonderfully stale, earthy tones. Rich, vomit-like acidity adds a depth to the overall flavor. Subtle pepper spice brings the whole experience together. No malt or hop flavor detected but in a beer this good, who needs it?

Smooth and creamy, moderate body with lots of tiny bubbles bring each and every delectable flavor to the palate one at a time. Wonderful, grainy texture of tomato seeds. Finishes dry from the wealth of sea salt. Every smooth, refreshing sip makes my mouth water for more.

Overall, a stellar fruit beer which really showcases the potential of each and every ingredient involved. What a wonderful blend of such complex and powerful flavors. This beer is so perfect, I feel unworthy to drink it. I suppose I must pour it down the drain.

1.36/5  rDev -33.3%

I'm sorry but this was the single worst beer I've ever had. Upon one sip it engaged my gag reflex and I began to choke. The rest was poured down the drain. Tastes like liquid Spaghetti O' s mixed with Bud Light. This started as a joke but it made me nauseous and the joke was over.

1.39/5  rDev -31.9%

2.24/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

2.75/5  rDev +34.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.78/5  rDev +36.3%

3.4/5  rDev +66.7%

Sometimes, you just need some tomato-y alcohol, and even simple can get it done. Poured into a big plastic kitchen cup with ice, because that was what I had on hand. The head rises far up, then dies like a bird flying into a peterbuilt big rig. Tomato taste, mixed with some form of citrus, hot sauce, and a buncha fizziness. Light red. ...cheap.

3.35/5  rDev +64.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I normally avoid Budweiser like syphilis but the Clamato angle roped me in.

Poured into a 22oz Sam Adams glass. The color dark orange with a thin and fleeting head.
Spicier than Clamato but pretty smooth going down. I could definitely see myself slamming a couple of these for breakfast. Overall it's not great yet better than I expected.

Budweiser & Clamato Chelada from Anheuser-Busch