Budweiser & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Zorro on 06-24-2007

2.7/5  rDev +32.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I have to come clean with everyone out there. This stuff is like crack for me. It's a total acquired taste guilty pleasure. As a Canadian, I grew up mixing Clamato into shitty beers like Old Milwaukee. Beer and clam is a perfect drink for camping or hangover mornings. The way Cheladas are spiced is unique, but very appealing to me. I can't help myself.

1.39/5  rDev -31.9%

3.75/5  rDev +83.8%

1.5/5  rDev -26.5%

A - Hazy orange/pink like watered down tomato juice.

S - Mostly tomato. Some clams I guess.

T - Salty, a bit sweet. Fizzy tomato juice... A bit tart and a light, light bitterness in the aftertaste. Some tomato.

M - Fizzy and pop/seltzer like.

D - Not bad actually, if you like this sort of thing. Obviously not especially beery. Good choice to use something relatively flavourless to mix with the tomato maybe... I probably won't be able to finish this 24 ouncer though. Classic case of it is what it is.

1.5/5  rDev -26.5%

2.12/5  rDev +3.9%

1.25/5  rDev -38.7%

1.75/5  rDev -14.2%

2.4/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Pour: Very Bubbly and carbonated
Nose: Yeast, malt, tomato and spice
Taste: Tomatoey with hints of malt and yeast. No balance to this beer.
Body Thin and the mouthfeel is sloppy
Finish: Very Bitter
Overall: Had better tomato beer than this. Awful, not tasty

4.48/5  rDev +119.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Really a great product. Hazy red. No head. Salty. Limey. Clammy. Tomato. Fizzy carbonation is so refreshing. Goes great with some hot sauce. With I could find 12oz cans.

2.75/5  rDev +34.8%

1.09/5  rDev -46.6%

Rippin' through flesh is what this beer does best, tear off my arm amputate my neck, eyes removed cranium smashed decomposing remains of my tongue severed in half.

It's so bad it's almost good. I usually take my reviews very seriously but it isn't even worth it. No words can truly explain this nectar of the Gods. I'd like to thank my neighbor for graciously donating this can to me. I will now pour it into a garbage bag and bury it. The soil wont be fertile for years ( think another potato famine ). This beer is the direct result of Barack Hussein Obama. Fox News told me so. Impeach Obummah! No therd turm!1;1;1;1; Mah guns!;1;1;

3.64/5  rDev +78.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

2.05/5  rDev +0.5%

3.09/5  rDev +51.5%

I like this version a lot better than Bud light

1.08/5  rDev -47.1%

Only sampled a very small glass at a neighbors on Thanksgiving. Red and cloudy, like tomato soup with Sprite and milk mixed in.

Aroma is like concentrated Long Island Sound. Brine and spice with a distinct dead sea creature nuance.

Flavor is so bad I can scarsely describe it. Pain. Fear. Agony. This is what cancer tastes like.

Body is akin to tomato soup mixed with Diet Sprite. Filthy and undrinkable. This tastes like a terrorist plot.

Budweiser & Clamato Chelada from Anheuser-Busch