Bud Light & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

Wants   Gots

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Notes: Year-round availibility. Budweiser & Clamato Chelada and Bud Light & Clamato Chelada are a combination of our classic American-style lagers, Budweiser and Bud Light, and the rich, spicy taste of Clamato Tomato Cocktail. We follow the traditional brewing process for Budweiser and Bud Light. Clamato is carefully blended with the beer to create the proper balance of the crisp finish of Budweiser or Bud Light and the signature taste of Clamato.
Awful
Bud Light & Clamato CheladaBud Light & Clamato Chelada
Reviews: 164 | Ratings: 432

The only thing worse than bud light is bud light clamato chelada. I guess if you have to get your veggie servings for the day and are having a liquid lunch this would serve a purpose. For any other reason, stay clear

I’ll have to go on my memory since this isn’t available in Korea. Pours a pink vomit like color. No head retention as this isn’t, strictly speaking, a lager. Smell is salty, strong hints of V8, faint whiff of clam and strong alcohol. Oddly enough very little in the way of beer in the aroma. Inspires a sickly feeling already! Taste...imagine pouring a flat beer into an expired can of tomato juice and adding a pinch of juice from a rotten lime. Why anyone would drink this stuff when they don’t have to is a mystery. Mouthfeel is thin, as expected, and the aftertaste reminds me of the watered down bloody Mary’s I used to get at Little Rock airport. Except those used to get me drunk. All this “beer” gets me is disappointed. Overall save your money and your sanity and buy a real beer (at the very least, an uncorrupted Bud Light). Give this awful abomination a hard pass.

4.07/5  rDev +138%

Dense red liquid with a quickly vanishing head. No lace.
Smell is mostly lime and pepper.
Taste is Clamato lime pepper slight malt.
Mouthfeel is medium with good carbonation. Finish is wet and heat from pepper.
Overall a quick refreshing meal in a can. Would be better with a couple of pieces of celery.

1.92/5  rDev +12.3%

I was thirsty as I left the laundromat so I grabbed a 25oz. can. $ 3.50 with tax. I don't know why anybody could make a regular diet of this stuff. . I'd rather buy some fresh prepared horseradish and a can of tomato juice and all that good stuff (celery if not pricey)..with cheap vodka or gin and make my own.
Prepared horseradish and Worcestershire sauce and Mexican hot sauce lasts for ever in the fridge.

2.09/5  rDev +22.2%

My group was playing golf the other day and one of the guys brought enough of these for everyone to try. People actually drink this stuff? The only thing I can say for certain is that there is tomato juice in the can. If there is a next time, I will say no thanks.

3.39/5  rDev +98.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Pours out a nice red with a few fingers of pink foamy head that just dissapears.

Smell is sweet tomato and salt.

Taste is real nice clamato, salt celery and lime flavors. Not catching any "beer" flavors (hops, malts etc.).

Mouth feel is light with a crisp finish.

Not much to write home about for a Chelada but you can do worse. I kind of like this one probably just as much as the regular Bud Chelada.

3.77/5  rDev +120.5%

25 ounce can into pint glass, canned on 8/29/2017. Pours moderately murky/cloudy reddish orange/amber color with a minimal foamy off white head with poor retention, that reduces to nothing pretty quickly. No lacing on the glass, with a fair amount of streaming carbonation and clinging bubbles on the glass. Okay appearance. Aromas of tomato juice, lime, salt, garlic, onion, celery, chili pepper, peppercorn, and brown sugar; with lighter notes of clams, vinegar, cracker, white bread, and herbal/spice earthiness. Nice and pleasant aromas with good balance and complexity of lime, clamato, salt, and light-moderate pale malt notes; with solid strength. Taste of big tomato juice, lime, salt, garlic, onion, celery, chili pepper, peppercorn, and brown sugar; with lighter notes of clams, vinegar, cracker, white bread, and herbal/spice earthiness. Mild herbal bitterness and peppery spiciness on the finish. Lingering notes of tomato juice, lime, salt, garlic, onion, celery, chili pepper, peppercorn, brown sugar, clams, vinegar, cracker, white bread, and herbal/spice earthiness on the finish for a good bit. Very nice complexity, robustness, and balance of lime, clamato, salt, and light-moderate pale malt flavors; with a great malt/bitter/spiciness balance, and no cloying flavors after the finish. Lightly increasing dryness from lingering bitter/spiciness. Medium-high carbonation and medium body; with a very smooth, moderately bready/grainy, fairly crisp, and lightly sticky/creamy tomato mouthfeel that is fantastic. Zero warming alcohol as expected of 4.2%. Lightly increasing pleasant lingering pepper heat through the glass. Overall this is a very good fruit/spice/vegetable beer. All around nice complexity, robustness, and balance of lime, clamato, salt, and light-moderate pale malt flavors; very smooth, crisp, and refreshing to drink with the mildly bitter/spicy finish. Far exceeded all expectations, definitely the best I've had in this category. Most other cheladas I've had were too heavy on tomato juice/body. This is perfect balance of Bud Light and Clamato flavors; with nice malt presence for the style. A very enjoyable offering, and great style example.

3.14/5  rDev +83.6%

I will review this for what it is: a vegetable beer with salt, lime, tomato and clam juice. You can't compare a Lager to a Porter just like you can't compare this to a Stout, Pilsner, Belgian, IPA or any other beer style. You have to compare it to other fruit beers. I'm not really a fan of fruit beers but I like tomato juice, V-8 and it goes without saying I like beer so here goes:

Pours a cloudy pink grapefruit juice color producing less than 1 to 3+ fingers (depending on whether you pour it up straight or over ice as suggested) of pink/reddish, somewhat lasting, foamy head that leaves thin, pasty, grainy wash of lacing. Aroma is tomato, chilli & lime with Bud light bready grains drowning in the background. I don't pick up on the clam juice. Taste is V-8 flavored mineral water: tomato, vegetal, hot sauce, brine, lime & slight grain hint. Mouthfeel is light-medium bodied with high carbonation, slick with lots of spice & a peppery, prickly bite. With all that said it is very very drinkable in a Bloody Mary sort of way without the high octane alcohol. It's certainly no worse than Bud Light alone and I'm not sure that I don't like it better.

1.6/5  rDev -6.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

You know what I hate? Bud Light. You know what else I hate? Clamato. This ought to be a joy of a review. Now, a lot of you hipster looking conformists might have a lot of animosity about vague lame stuff like corporations and whatnot. Not me. I just hate this because it sucks, not because of their business practices.

A mixture of light yellow beer and red from the tomato results in a pinkish barf like color, can't hold a head up, no retention going on. Aroma is tomato and cut grain.

Taste, eee gad, one of the worst things, and they straight up intend for this. I see these things always left out in nature, like you can't find a trash can? This shit is the #1 beer I see that makes up litter by the river, in the desert, on the street, etc. . . Bad people drink bad beer? I dunno, but the coincidence of how often I see this shit as litter can't be just coincidence. Shit is that saltwater in this? I like gose, but damn, not very helpful for me. This tastes not like beer. Smells a little bit like the gym. Mouth feel, worst beer delivery vehicle to stay out of the way.

I hate this beer.

2.81/5  rDev +64.3%

So this is a crazy combo of flavors. Can't say I love it, but I don't hate it either. The Bud Light mixed with Clamato has a refreshing overall flavor. It comes in big 24 oz cans and to me is a little sweet tasting to enjoy in a can of that size because I can't drink it fast enough before it gets warm and it's not a good thing when it's warm. Warm Chelada is like cuddling with your girl when she's sweaty. Pretty much smells the same warm too so if you are into that maybe this is your beer. You can do it but you wouldn't want to for the most part, though. There is not much tomato flavor coming through on this one. There is a little clam. It is a unique novelty. I can handle this a couple of times a year but not as an everyday beer. Pretty fun, could use a little more spice, I've added Tabasco in this a couple times and that was a nice upgrade. Fun product. Sort of like it and definitely original.

4.01/5  rDev +134.5%

This one is very subjective. If you don't like bloody mary's dont bother. This is a commercial version of a Mexican drink called michelada. It is best enjoyed after some brutal yard work in the south Texas summer. Hits the spot, very refreshing.

2.86/5  rDev +67.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Strange. This brew is a pink, deep rose colored liquid. No head. The aroma and taste, at first, was repulsive. However, when I knew what to expect, it seemed to improve.....it tastes like watered down tomato juice. I don't get any beer flavor. I do pick up some clam juice notes in the mid-taste. Spicy, but not like a bloody mary. It's not terrible, for what it is, but it certainly isn't beer.

3.56/5  rDev +108.2%

I think some people who gave it a low score aren't really grading it for what it is - a beery bloody mary. This isn't an IPA, a stout, et cetera - it's a weird combination of flavors antithetical to most people's interests.

As someone who can't get enough beer or V8, I adore the combination, and don't really mind this iteration of the drink. Unfortunately, the Clamato is in a bit of a vacuum, with hardly any competition - the only redeeming grace of this particular combination, even compared to potential iterations within the genre, is that Bud Light is so tasteless, so devoid of any semblance of flavor, it's basically carbonated tomato juice with a vague beer flavoring.

Which is what I purchased it for!

2.37/5  rDev +38.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

The beer comes in a vibrant pink color.

The beer is strange with watered down spaghetti sauce for days, definitely for tomato juice and bloody mary drinkers. There's a bit of beer flavor underlying it. A bit of spice, a touch of acidity.

Was so excited to see this product on the market. Being from Canada originally we use Clamato alot in drrinks. This is a great product just love the taste i am hooked! Would love to know where I can buy it by the case?

1.43/5  rDev -16.4%

ok so this beer pours a gross opaque red with ni head. not a good red like a nice amber but a puke red. wierd. smells like tomato juice and salt. not sure if I even want to try this. taste is the same with tomatoes, salt, and some wierd seaweed water mixed in there. this is a total barforama. my buddy likes bloody marys so he liked it. but what a drain pour for me. im still tasting this gross bomb hours later. id rather drink taco bell leftover toilet spackle than this sorry excuse for a beer. barf-o-rama! avoid unless you wanna see people gag. which is actually kind of funny when they try this.

1.1/5  rDev -35.7%

Someone left this in my fridge. Poured into a tulip, massive puke pink head. Smells like... Something I shouldn't be drinking. Tons of carbonation. Maybe to cover up the taste of whatever industrial jug of clam juice they used in this gem of a beer. Tastes like tomato.... But it's maybe just tomato flavoring and menstruation concentrate mixed with bud light... And im not sure what the worst part of that is. Buy this beer. 25oz, hell yea.

4.85/5  rDev +183.6%

For what it is it is awesome!! No dont look for good head. Go to your girlfriend for that. Feel like a bloody mary. This is it! Enjoy and dont palm your head too hard! " Wow! I could have had a Chelada". :-)

2.38/5  rDev +39.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Poured from a 25 OZ can into a pint glass. The appearance is a cloudy pink color with no head. The aroma is tomatoes. The taste is mostly salty tomato. Not good.

3.75/5  rDev +119.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I guess i am being a little nice. I actually like this beer. A bloody beer with a bit of peppery taste with it. Just got to be a fan of bloody marys i guess to enjoy this beer

Another challenging beer. Pink color, smelled of a V8. Taste is bread and V8. Oh, there is clam juice in it too. I prefer my clams to come straight from the ocean, sucked down raw on the beach. Avoid this like the plague.

141 reviews??? I don't believe there are 141 drinkers that bought this. I wanted to lick my ass to get the crappy taste out of my mouth. seriously, ship it to the Gitmo and the taliban will talk. I paid the 1.99 for a can trying to be funny. One sip and I was done. Horrible.

1.67/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Imagine a Bud Light, but with something more. The color is a pinkish red. The nose makes me think of Diet Tomato juice. Then the taste makes me wonder if Crystal Light has a Tomato flavor. If they do, it has been added to Bud Light in the form of this abomination. I could not bring myself to finish more than an ounce. I nice stout goes a long way to added something to a Bloody Mary. Adding Tomato Juice to Bud Light makes angels cry. I had to do it since it is the bottom of the list.

I can't get the flavor out of my mouth. Somebody help me. I tried licking the bottom of my shoe. This beer tastes of cheap light flavorless beer mixed with the worst tomato juice you can find then someone accidentally poured the water out of a fish tank into it, then dumped salt into it to bring out the flavor. Truly horrible.

4.54/5  rDev +165.5%

I don't get the bad reviews. I know everyone is different, but it seems to me that there is some snobbery towards this beer. Honestly, the first couple of times that I tried this I didn't like it at all. But, then I started craving the aftertaste. It is smooth and very drinkable. I would probably stay away if you are prone to getting heart burn easy as it is a little spicy. It is great with spicy food such as authentic Mexican or homemade chili. I suggest that all of the haters should give this another try. Maybe you aren't tilting the can properly before opening. You can't just pop a can open and chug. You have to tilt it slightly multiple times to get the beer to mix properly with the clamato.

For anyone that hasn't tried it, give it a shot, but keep an open mind. Also, read the directions on the side of the can.

Bud Light & Clamato Chelada from Anheuser-Busch