Bud Light & Clamato Chelada

Gots
SCORE
Awful
Bud Light & Clamato CheladaBud Light & Clamato Chelada
Notes: Budweiser & Clamato Chelada and Bud Light & Clamato Chelada are a combination of our classic American-style lagers, Budweiser and Bud Light, and the rich, spicy taste of Clamato Tomato Cocktail. We follow the traditional brewing process for Budweiser and Bud Light. Clamato is carefully blended with the beer to create the proper balance of the crisp finish of Budweiser or Bud Light and the signature taste of Clamato.
View: Beers
Reviews: 169 | Ratings: 438 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Willar44

4.58/5  rDev +164.7%

I’m typically a drinker of a Bloody Mary but I seen a lot of people drinking these and I was at a store and bought it and now when I buy a 12 I alway het 2 25 fl oz bud light Cheladas to start my drinking time I love em but should be made into a 12pack 12oz can pack or even a case I would buy more if y’all want 3.00 for one 25oz can.

Mar 23, 2020
UristMcBrewer from Florida

2.23/5  rDev +28.9%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.25

To be frank, the beer looks bad. Its a fizzy, milky reddish orange. It doesn't look appealing. The smell is that of Clamato more than beer. Once again, not appealing. The taste however is very reminiscent of a bloody mary. It is tangy with the herbalness of the tomato coming through with a hint umami. Not bad, but not really beery either. The feel is interesting. It is quite bubbly. It is thick, but not in a beer way. It coats your mouth and is hard. Overall, not sure what to think of this. Its interesting to be sure. If I'm in the mood for this kind of flavor, I'll go for a bloody mary.

Mar 11, 2020
Thankin_Hank from Texas

3.94/5  rDev +127.7%

Clamato and beer looks good together from an old Red Draw guy. Smells more like Clamato than beer. Not a bad thing. It tastes good too.You can chug-a-lug this stuff if you're a Clamato fan. Overall it's not fantastic for a so-called beer but with The Clamato is quite enjoyable as a Clamato fan, however the Picante version would be my preference in this concoction. From an undated 25 ounce can.

Sep 04, 2019
Kevin30462112 from Arkansas

4.15/5  rDev +139.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

This is definitely an acquired taste. If you like tomato juice, spicy stuff, and or Bloody Mary’s, you are going to love this. I was skeptical but I gave it a try and it has become a favorite.pouring it into glass you get a sense of dread. Have you ever been to the hospital and looked at the drain on grandma’s hip replacement? If you have, that’s what this beer looks like. This pours a pale opaque red with a quickly dissipating head. Smells of tomato. Highly carbonated and spicy. Tastes of beer and Bloody Marys. I know this isn’t for everyone, but I love this stuff.

Aug 19, 2019
JimboBrews54 from Michigan

What in the world is this? I strangely gave this a two because of the tomato flavor. That is the only reason why? I find myself questioning my own integrity even drinking or rating this strange creature in beer world. If Short's can pull off a bloody Mary beer, the likes of which I have never had, then this is a huge stab in the wrong direction in macro world. This tastes like a dirty sock that you have worked out in dipped in tomato and lime guts. This is as refreshing as a dog's ass on scorching hot day!

Jul 22, 2019
robed from California

The only thing worse than bud light is bud light clamato chelada. I guess if you have to get your veggie servings for the day and are having a liquid lunch this would serve a purpose. For any other reason, stay clear

Jul 15, 2019
jdurey from Korea (South)

I’ll have to go on my memory since this isn’t available in Korea. Pours a pink vomit like color. No head retention as this isn’t, strictly speaking, a lager. Smell is salty, strong hints of V8, faint whiff of clam and strong alcohol. Oddly enough very little in the way of beer in the aroma. Inspires a sickly feeling already! Taste...imagine pouring a flat beer into an expired can of tomato juice and adding a pinch of juice from a rotten lime. Why anyone would drink this stuff when they don’t have to is a mystery. Mouthfeel is thin, as expected, and the aftertaste reminds me of the watered down bloody Mary’s I used to get at Little Rock airport. Except those used to get me drunk. All this “beer” gets me is disappointed. Overall save your money and your sanity and buy a real beer (at the very least, an uncorrupted Bud Light). Give this awful abomination a hard pass.

Jul 01, 2019
Spikester from Oregon

4.07/5  rDev +135.3%

Dense red liquid with a quickly vanishing head. No lace.
Smell is mostly lime and pepper.
Taste is Clamato lime pepper slight malt.
Mouthfeel is medium with good carbonation. Finish is wet and heat from pepper.
Overall a quick refreshing meal in a can. Would be better with a couple of pieces of celery.

May 12, 2019
GaryT2 from Minnesota

1.92/5  rDev +11%

I was thirsty as I left the laundromat so I grabbed a 25oz. can. $ 3.50 with tax. I don't know why anybody could make a regular diet of this stuff. . I'd rather buy some fresh prepared horseradish and a can of tomato juice and all that good stuff (celery if not pricey)..with cheap vodka or gin and make my own.
Prepared horseradish and Worcestershire sauce and Mexican hot sauce lasts for ever in the fridge.

Jan 26, 2019
lordofthewiens from New Mexico

2.09/5  rDev +20.8%

My group was playing golf the other day and one of the guys brought enough of these for everyone to try. People actually drink this stuff? The only thing I can say for certain is that there is tomato juice in the can. If there is a next time, I will say no thanks.

Jan 01, 2019
BeerBobber from Nevada

3.39/5  rDev +96%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Pours out a nice red with a few fingers of pink foamy head that just dissapears.

Smell is sweet tomato and salt.

Taste is real nice clamato, salt celery and lime flavors. Not catching any "beer" flavors (hops, malts etc.).

Mouth feel is light with a crisp finish.

Not much to write home about for a Chelada but you can do worse. I kind of like this one probably just as much as the regular Bud Chelada.

Nov 19, 2018
superspak from Michigan

3.95/5  rDev +128.3%

25 ounce can into pint glass, canned on 8/24/2019. Pours moderately murky/cloudy reddish orange/amber color with a fairly dense and rocky off white head with great retention, that reduces small cap that lingers. Nice spotty soapy lacing clings on the glass, with a fair amount of streaming carbonation and clinging bubbles on the glass. Aromas of big tomato juice, lime, salt, garlic, onion, celery, chili pepper, peppercorn, and brown sugar; with lighter notes of clams, vinegar, cracker, white bread, and herbal/spice earthiness. Damn nice aromas with great balance and complexity of lime, clamato, salt, and light-moderate pale malt notes; with great strength. Taste of big tomato juice, lime, salt, garlic, onion, celery, chili pepper, peppercorn, and brown sugar; with lighter notes of clams, vinegar, cracker, white bread, and herbal/spice earthiness. Mild herbal bitterness and peppery spiciness on the finish. Lingering notes of tomato juice, lime, salt, garlic, onion, celery, chili pepper, peppercorn, brown sugar, clams, vinegar, cracker, white bread, and herbal/spice earthiness on the finish for a good bit. Very nice complexity, robustness, and balance of lime, clamato, salt, and light-moderate pale malt flavors; with a great malt/bitter/spiciness balance, and no cloying flavors after the finish. Lightly increasing dryness from lingering bitter/spiciness. Medium-high carbonation and medium body; with a very smooth, moderately bready/grainy, fairly crisp, and lightly sticky/creamy tomato mouthfeel that is fantastic. Zero warming alcohol as expected of 4.2%. Mildly increasing lingering pepper heat through the glass; pleasant and not overwhelming. Overall this is a delicious fruit/spice/vegetable beer. All around nice complexity, robustness, and balance of lime, clamato, salt, and light-moderate pale malt flavors; very smooth, crisp, and refreshing to drink with the mildly bitter/spicy finish. Far exceeded all expectations, definitely one of the best I've had in this category. Most other cheladas I've had were too heavy on tomato juice/body. This is perfect balance of Bud Light and Clamato flavors; with nice malt presence for the style. A very enjoyable offering, and outstanding style example.

Sep 08, 2018
mothmanscott from Georgia

3.14/5  rDev +81.5%

I will review this for what it is: a vegetable beer with salt, lime, tomato and clam juice. You can't compare a Lager to a Porter just like you can't compare this to a Stout, Pilsner, Belgian, IPA or any other beer style. You have to compare it to other fruit beers. I'm not really a fan of fruit beers but I like tomato juice, V-8 and it goes without saying I like beer so here goes:

Pours a cloudy pink grapefruit juice color producing less than 1 to 3+ fingers (depending on whether you pour it up straight or over ice as suggested) of pink/reddish, somewhat lasting, foamy head that leaves thin, pasty, grainy wash of lacing. Aroma is tomato, chilli & lime with Bud light bready grains drowning in the background. I don't pick up on the clam juice. Taste is V-8 flavored mineral water: tomato, vegetal, hot sauce, brine, lime & slight grain hint. Mouthfeel is light-medium bodied with high carbonation, slick with lots of spice & a peppery, prickly bite. With all that said it is very very drinkable in a Bloody Mary sort of way without the high octane alcohol. It's certainly no worse than Bud Light alone and I'm not sure that I don't like it better.

Dec 03, 2017
rodbeermunch from Nevada

1.6/5  rDev -7.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

You know what I hate? Bud Light. You know what else I hate? Clamato. This ought to be a joy of a review. Now, a lot of you hipster looking conformists might have a lot of animosity about vague lame stuff like corporations and whatnot. Not me. I just hate this because it sucks, not because of their business practices.

A mixture of light yellow beer and red from the tomato results in a pinkish barf like color, can't hold a head up, no retention going on. Aroma is tomato and cut grain.

Taste, eee gad, one of the worst things, and they straight up intend for this. I see these things always left out in nature, like you can't find a trash can? This shit is the #1 beer I see that makes up litter by the river, in the desert, on the street, etc. . . Bad people drink bad beer? I dunno, but the coincidence of how often I see this shit as litter can't be just coincidence. Shit is that saltwater in this? I like gose, but damn, not very helpful for me. This tastes not like beer. Smells a little bit like the gym. Mouth feel, worst beer delivery vehicle to stay out of the way.

I hate this beer.

Sep 19, 2017
Vinman29 from Virginia

2.81/5  rDev +62.4%

So this is a crazy combo of flavors. Can't say I love it, but I don't hate it either. The Bud Light mixed with Clamato has a refreshing overall flavor. It comes in big 24 oz cans and to me is a little sweet tasting to enjoy in a can of that size because I can't drink it fast enough before it gets warm and it's not a good thing when it's warm. Warm Chelada is like cuddling with your girl when she's sweaty. Pretty much smells the same warm too so if you are into that maybe this is your beer. You can do it but you wouldn't want to for the most part, though. There is not much tomato flavor coming through on this one. There is a little clam. It is a unique novelty. I can handle this a couple of times a year but not as an everyday beer. Pretty fun, could use a little more spice, I've added Tabasco in this a couple times and that was a nice upgrade. Fun product. Sort of like it and definitely original.

Sep 18, 2017
gvickery from Texas

4.01/5  rDev +131.8%

This one is very subjective. If you don't like bloody mary's dont bother. This is a commercial version of a Mexican drink called michelada. It is best enjoyed after some brutal yard work in the south Texas summer. Hits the spot, very refreshing.

Aug 17, 2017
Suds from Missouri

2.86/5  rDev +65.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Strange. This brew is a pink, deep rose colored liquid. No head. The aroma and taste, at first, was repulsive. However, when I knew what to expect, it seemed to improve.....it tastes like watered down tomato juice. I don't get any beer flavor. I do pick up some clam juice notes in the mid-taste. Spicy, but not like a bloody mary. It's not terrible, for what it is, but it certainly isn't beer.

Aug 13, 2017
Ferretferret from Wisconsin

3.56/5  rDev +105.8%

I think some people who gave it a low score aren't really grading it for what it is - a beery bloody mary. This isn't an IPA, a stout, et cetera - it's a weird combination of flavors antithetical to most people's interests.

As someone who can't get enough beer or V8, I adore the combination, and don't really mind this iteration of the drink. Unfortunately, the Clamato is in a bit of a vacuum, with hardly any competition - the only redeeming grace of this particular combination, even compared to potential iterations within the genre, is that Bud Light is so tasteless, so devoid of any semblance of flavor, it's basically carbonated tomato juice with a vague beer flavoring.

Which is what I purchased it for!

Apr 29, 2017
dar482 from New York

2.37/5  rDev +37%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

The beer comes in a vibrant pink color.

The beer is strange with watered down spaghetti sauce for days, definitely for tomato juice and bloody mary drinkers. There's a bit of beer flavor underlying it. A bit of spice, a touch of acidity.

Sep 27, 2016
Slawson12345 from New York

Was so excited to see this product on the market. Being from Canada originally we use Clamato alot in drrinks. This is a great product just love the taste i am hooked! Would love to know where I can buy it by the case?

Sep 08, 2016
zshaft from Connecticut

1.43/5  rDev -17.3%

ok so this beer pours a gross opaque red with ni head. not a good red like a nice amber but a puke red. wierd. smells like tomato juice and salt. not sure if I even want to try this. taste is the same with tomatoes, salt, and some wierd seaweed water mixed in there. this is a total barforama. my buddy likes bloody marys so he liked it. but what a drain pour for me. im still tasting this gross bomb hours later. id rather drink taco bell leftover toilet spackle than this sorry excuse for a beer. barf-o-rama! avoid unless you wanna see people gag. which is actually kind of funny when they try this.

Jul 31, 2016
AlanLamp

1.1/5  rDev -36.4%

Someone left this in my fridge. Poured into a tulip, massive puke pink head. Smells like... Something I shouldn't be drinking. Tons of carbonation. Maybe to cover up the taste of whatever industrial jug of clam juice they used in this gem of a beer. Tastes like tomato.... But it's maybe just tomato flavoring and menstruation concentrate mixed with bud light... And im not sure what the worst part of that is. Buy this beer. 25oz, hell yea.

Jul 04, 2016
Randygroves from Florida

4.85/5  rDev +180.3%

For what it is it is awesome!! No dont look for good head. Go to your girlfriend for that. Feel like a bloody mary. This is it! Enjoy and dont palm your head too hard! " Wow! I could have had a Chelada". :-)

May 23, 2016
ordybill from Georgia

2.38/5  rDev +37.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Poured from a 25 OZ can into a pint glass. The appearance is a cloudy pink color with no head. The aroma is tomatoes. The taste is mostly salty tomato. Not good.

Mar 20, 2016
yuenglingfan101 from Ohio

3.75/5  rDev +116.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I guess i am being a little nice. I actually like this beer. A bloody beer with a bit of peppery taste with it. Just got to be a fan of bloody marys i guess to enjoy this beer

Mar 10, 2016