Bud Light & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Zorro on 06-26-2007

This drink is the best damn stuff I have had in 45 years of drinking!
Why in hell they don't sell it in Ontario is beyond my understanding....we drink more beer here than anywhere in Canada. It tastes so amazing!
Canada invented Clamato!!!,
We invented the cocktail called a "Cesaer" using Clamato juice.
Why don't they sell "Bud Lite Cheladas" here????
I have to wait to get back to the States to get it again.
PLEASE...Anhauser-Busch
Bring them to Ontario!! Please!
Thank you.

Love Bud Light Chelada...
Amazing morning drink, especially beach mornings.
It is mixed to perfection. Bud light, Clamato, lime & pepper.

I personally love this stuff. I'm a huge fan of both Bud Light & Clamato/V8 tasting things, so this is absolutely delicious to me. Good flavor, and nice little spiciness on the end. I have literally no complaints about this drink, whatsoever.

Was so excited to see this product on the market. Being from Canada originally we use Clamato alot in drrinks. This is a great product just love the taste i am hooked! Would love to know where I can buy it by the case?

4.94/5  rDev +168.5%

I totally love it!!! I really dont care for bud light products but this one Bud light & Clamato Chelada is so smooth and tasty i find myself drinking it to fast. I am 100% white with no mexican flare so you know its good....and it does not taste like a V8 lol

4.85/5  rDev +163.6%

For what it is it is awesome!! No dont look for good head. Go to your girlfriend for that. Feel like a bloody mary. This is it! Enjoy and dont palm your head too hard! " Wow! I could have had a Chelada". :-)

4.8/5  rDev +160.9%

4.54/5  rDev +146.7%

I don't get the bad reviews. I know everyone is different, but it seems to me that there is some snobbery towards this beer. Honestly, the first couple of times that I tried this I didn't like it at all. But, then I started craving the aftertaste. It is smooth and very drinkable. I would probably stay away if you are prone to getting heart burn easy as it is a little spicy. It is great with spicy food such as authentic Mexican or homemade chili. I suggest that all of the haters should give this another try. Maybe you aren't tilting the can properly before opening. You can't just pop a can open and chug. You have to tilt it slightly multiple times to get the beer to mix properly with the clamato.

For anyone that hasn't tried it, give it a shot, but keep an open mind. Also, read the directions on the side of the can.

4.5/5  rDev +144.6%

This isn't beer, it's just a strange mildly alcoholic beverage. Like a fizzy Bloody Mary. I enjoy it, but easily see why others find it disgusting. If you're looking for a beer taste it isn't in there. It's sweet, salty, and spicy. I saw this stuff in a lot of c-stores for a long time and always thought it would be disgusting, but now I'm hooked.

I was watching a 10+ year old Seinfeld episode a few weeks ago where Kramer got into cock-fighting with his rooster named Little Jerry. In the final few scenes at the Mexican cock-fight there's a BudLight Chelada banner hanging in the background. The banner probably pre-dated the release of Chelada in the states, but Mexicans have drank this stuff for a long time.

4.4/5  rDev +139.1%

This is the shit. The Shit. Seriously. Nothing says let's go camping, find some inbreds, and let them shove a banjo up our asses like Bud Light & Clamato. I find myself gravitating towards flannel shirts when I crack open a 25 oz. bad boy, and later I am grasping my hatchet when I wake up on the splintery floor of my dad's Winnebago, drowning in empty Bud Light & Clamato cans and empty Cheez-It boxes. 10/10 will drink again. Woo Pig Sooie.

4.4/5  rDev +139.1%

In my opinion, Bud light and Clamato, with the addition of the salt and lime, combine to create a very savory and satisfying taste sensation in your mouth. It seems to pair well with a rib eye or any well-marbled steak. I enjoy a cold Chelada on a hot summer day.
I have found, you either love it or hate it. Sure, it is not for everyone; after all, you cannot be all things to all people

4.25/5  rDev +131%

4.2/5  rDev +128.3%

Ok, so first off when you purchase a beer like 'bud light chelada' I don't think it's the best intention to pour it into a snifter glass and give it a full review like a 'pliny the elder' would.

This is a drink primarily for when you're hungover; or have run out of beer for the night and you find it in the recess of your fridge.

I can't tell you what it looks like, I've only consumed straight from the can. It smells decent, and tastes pretty damn good, in my opinion.

I find it laughable when I read review of people critiquing this and pouring it into various glasses and expecting something great. It's bud light and clamato. Come on.

Overall I've enjoyed my fair share of Chelada and this will always have a place in my heart...

4.01/5  rDev +117.9%

This one is very subjective. If you don't like bloody mary's dont bother. This is a commercial version of a Mexican drink called michelada. It is best enjoyed after some brutal yard work in the south Texas summer. Hits the spot, very refreshing.

"And now, something completely different..."
--announcer introduction to
Monty Python's Flying Circus, circa 1969

OK. I get it. Most reviews are not fans of this brew, but it is a nice diversion. Just don't indulge too much if you have problems with fluid retention in your body because there is a high level of sodium in this beer's Clamato juice.

But then, it is not for every day imbibing. It is for special occasions, and it goes so completely well with Tex-Mex dishes.

A: It is red and opaque and has an average head and lacing. It's red because it is a combination of Bud Light (or Budweiser) and Clamato juice, which are popular combinations of beverages in various regions around North America. The good people of Winnipeg were the first to introduce the Bud Light / Clamato combo to me when I visited Canada in 2004.

S: Fruity

T: Refreshingly different. It has a bite to it. Zesty and zippy like a Bloody Mary without the steak sauce that cannot spell. Wirschester? (You get the idea.)

M: Feels juicy in the mouth and it effervesces as it passes the rear of the palate.

D: Above average.

Back in the 1970s, I laughed my way through a John Waters cinematic grossfest called Pink Flamingos. Then, I found it extra bonus fun to take a unsuspecting girlfriend to this flick and watch her get repulsed to the core, capped off by the infamous closing poodle scene.

Although I've long left those sort of cheap thrills behind, I get a similar pang of nostalgia from those days when someone spots the can or two of Bud Light Chelada that I usually keep in the fridge and recoils in horror.

Me, I listen to my taste buds, which tell me that there's nothing wrong with a fizzy, beer flavored Clamato (especially after shaking in a few drops of Tapatio hot sauce). It's like the girlfriend your parents hate, the husband's best friend that his wife can't stand, and best of all - the one beer in the fridge that nobody else will drink no matter what. And I like it.

BONUS CHELADA EXPERIENCE

Go to Tijuana during the Tequila Expo in October where they serve Chelada with a tart Tamarind/Sugar rim. Now that's a mariachi party in your mouth, hot Latina groupies included.

Recommended food pairing: streets taco or a bacon wrapped hot dog.

3.91/5  rDev +112.5%

It appears to be something akin to watery tomato juice. Not necessarily appetizing at all. It smells much better than it looks. Dried chili pepper, lime, tomato, and lager aromas. The mouthfeel is wet with a nice carbonation/spice on the back of the throat. A very pleasing gardeny and lime flavor that is the only thing that can hit that spot. A good bloody Mary, maybe, but it wouldn't be nearly as thirst quenching. I love it! I've always loved it. I'm as happy as a clam(ato) that I found a local retailer who sells it in sixers.

3.9/5  rDev +112%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Consumed from a pint glass, poured out of a tall can.

I enjoy clamato a whole lot more than I enjoy Bud Light, and thus this delivers the taste with a small amount of alcohol.

The color is cloudy redish, basically what you would expect if you poured Bloody Mary mix into a pint of cheap beer appearance wise.

3.88/5  rDev +110.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

3.8/5  rDev +106.5%

Up here in Canada, beer and clam is a favorite of many! Bud light Chelada is what it is... A crisp light beer mixed with clamato juice. It's not a fancy beer. It's not trying to be anything other than it is. It's a cold, crisp, salty and refreshing can of yum! I love these cheladas, especially on a hot day at the lake!

3.8/5  rDev +106.5%

I'm reviewing this product purely for what it is, not as compared to any other beer.

I love a good tomato juice (particularly homemade stuff by people who know what they're doing, like my mom used to, and another woman from my hometown who made rich, spicy tomato juice specifically for mixing with beer) and though this stuff doesn't really compare to good homemade tomato juice mixed with a better beer, for the convenience, and for what it is, I have to say I love the stuff.

One or two of these after work really hit the spot for me. With it's lower alcohol content (4.2%) it doesn't hit hard, and the tomato/Clamato flavor along with the seasonings is almost food-like in a way. A little heavy on the salt, but overall, and again, knowing what this stuff is (Bud Light's macro version of something that can be better with a little TLC) it's not bad at all, IMO.

Rated purely for what it is, I give it a 4.0. Up against good beers of all types and styles, maybe a 1.5.

3.76/5  rDev +104.3%

At first I thought this was a bad idea but after giving a chance and being opened minded about it I got to say it was not that bad. I love clamato and I do like bud light and both together they did a ok job. After the second one you start to get used to the taste and how smooth it really is. The smell is not great but in my opinion the taste makes up for it. Just give it a chance and try to be opened minded.

3.75/5  rDev +103.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I guess i am being a little nice. I actually like this beer. A bloody beer with a bit of peppery taste with it. Just got to be a fan of bloody marys i guess to enjoy this beer

Bud Light & Clamato Chelada from Anheuser-Busch