Bud Light & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Zorro on 06-26-2007

1.5/5  rDev -18.9%

This drink is the best damn stuff I have had in 45 years of drinking!
Why in hell they don't sell it in Ontario is beyond my understanding....we drink more beer here than anywhere in Canada. It tastes so amazing!
Canada invented Clamato!!!,
We invented the cocktail called a "Cesaer" using Clamato juice.
Why don't they sell "Bud Lite Cheladas" here????
I have to wait to get back to the States to get it again.
PLEASE...Anhauser-Busch
Bring them to Ontario!! Please!
Thank you.

1.48/5  rDev -20%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Tall boy canned @ home poured into my Crooked Staved snifter and picked up at 287 Liquor Foco. Pours a peachy/pinkish appearance with practically no head. A touch citrusy, big tomato juice, celery, chili powder aroma - not a whole helluva lot different from the Budweiser Chelada aroma. Spicy, tomato, somewhat watery, celery, veggie flavor. Yuck. I honestly think this is a bit worse that the Budweiser Chelada. Tastes like my mom’s Chow Mein.

1.77/5  rDev -4.3%

355ml can, a single from my local chain store's remainder bin. People drank homemade versions of this 'concept' back when I was in school, as a hangover cure. More on that later. Made with Mott's Clamato in Canada, apparently.

This beer pours a hazy, murky, medium orange-tinted salmon colour, with three fingers of puffy, but mostly just fizzy salmon skin flecked white head, which leaves the strangest 'lace' that I have ever seen - it looks more like salt or pulp residue, and probably is, which makes it all the more creepily appropriate.

It smells of thin, watery clamato juice - tomato puree and mildly fishy clam extract - so not so yummy as ever. Nothing beer-ish comes through at all, other than a vague memory of white crackers dunked into cheap mall diner soup in my youth. The taste is very much cold, peppery tomato soup (I'm not going to sully the word 'bisque' here - wait, oops, oh well), and much more oyster cracker than actual seafood in its offsetting 'flavour'. I wasn't expecting anything directly from the beer side of things, and I was left thoroughly unsurprised.

The bubbles are pretty sublimated, but shyly peek out now and then, the body an actually sturdy medium weight, but then again, tomato juice isn't usually all that thin either. It finishes 'dry', I suppose, the muddled spiciness of the clamato juice still stomping on Bud Light's 98-pound weakling head.

Like the Bud version before this, but even more so, in those obvious minute degrees, of course, the beer quotient is barely perceptible here, letting the guest blend ingredient do its thing. I see this as the choice for those people who think they like pasta sauce in their drink, yet are too chickenshit to make/procure/consume a proper homemade Caesar. I can't finish this can, let alone a whole six-pack, which sort of leads us back to the Caesar - the right way to consume clamato juice - if it ain't boozy, what's the point?

2.75/5  rDev +48.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Chelada is a mexican style cocktail that is commonly found at gatherings and BBQs. Because of the fact that is is normally made in a large punch bowl and served to 50 or so people, it is made to satisfy not only taste, but also takes into account price and drinkability. No offfense to the previous reviewers who are comparing this to a pint of weissbier they had in Munich, but I beleive the ratings are a bit harsh.

The beer tastes exactly like what is in it... A bud light with some citrus, tomato, pepper, salt, and a light hint of seafood (comming from the clam juice). I guess you can say that it is an acquired taste for some.

The only thing that kills the A.B. version for me is the overcarbonation. If any of you have made the fatal mistake of pooring it into a cup before drinking it, it also looks like vommit.

Anyone can make a chelada 5x better by mixing it themselves. Use Corona as a base, then add lime juice, sea salt, cracked pepper, and clamato (ammount based on preferance).

3.8/5  rDev +105.4%

Up here in Canada, beer and clam is a favorite of many! Bud light Chelada is what it is... A crisp light beer mixed with clamato juice. It's not a fancy beer. It's not trying to be anything other than it is. It's a cold, crisp, salty and refreshing can of yum! I love these cheladas, especially on a hot day at the lake!

2.75/5  rDev +48.6%