Bud Light & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

2.75/5  rDev +48.6%

1.5/5  rDev -18.9%

I was curious about this and picked a can up from the gas station. Got home and poured it into a pilsner glass. It looks like carbonated tomato juice. I took one gulp, swallowed, and immediately began retching and dry heaving. I kid you not, it tastes like you just vomited in your mouth and swallowed it back down. I ran straight to the bathroom thinking I was about to lose my lunch, and poured the rest down the toilet. This is the most vile concoction I've ever had in my life. Absolutely putrid. This is not just the worst beer I've ever tasted, it's the worst beverage I've ever tasted. For the life of me I can't figure out how anyone could enjoy this. But considering the fact that this has been on the market for five years, someone out there does.

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

3.24/5  rDev +75.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I think you first have to know what Clamato tastes like, and at least moderately enjoy the stuff. That's basically what this Bud Light Chelada tastes like, with, as the label notes, "el inigualable sabor de Clamato." Since I can't really taste whether there is beer in this or not, it's a vast improvement over plain Bud Light, which is generally agreed to taste like metallic club soda.

Salty and sweet, a nice tang of something like jalapenos, and you're on your way to rehydration. I don't believe anyone has mentioned that this would be the correct beer pairing with menudo.

It does make you cringe a little when you pour this into a tumbler (not one of my Belgian beer glasses, sorry). Salmon pink with a big head that crumbles into some strangely big bubbles, and then flatness. That's why musicman575 is correct in saying it is intended to drunk from the can. More spritz that way.

1.03/5  rDev -44.3%

I for one can't imagine why this product would have ever been made. The only reason i can think of is that the high ups at Budweiser were piss drunk in the Caribbean some where and spilled there clams on the half shell into their beer and were so drunk they thought it tasted good. And in a black out stooper created this beer and marketed it before they sobered up. Shame on you Budweiser, shame on you. The beer is slightly pink with a horrendous smell think (the bottom of your tackle box in mid July) it tastes even worse; how that's possible
I don't know. I can only think it's taste comes form all the chemicals involved in keeping clam juice from spoiling. My overall opinion of this product is it's straight crap.

2.18/5  rDev +17.8%

Poured from 16oz pounder into a pint glass. I just tried the regular-Bud version of Chelada a few minutes ago, so we'll see if the Bud Light version is any different at all.

Appearance: hazy salmon pink, again, with a little fizzy foam that dissipates instantly. Not intriguing.

Smell: lightly sweet bloody mary mix, just like its big brother, except here there's a hint of that artificial plastic-like aroma which pervades plain ol' Bud Light. Not good at all.

Taste: kind of like the regular chelada, but lighter, more artificial and slightly less appetizing. Still, if what you are looking for is cheap beer mixed with tomato, then this will pretty much deliver.

Mouthfeel: light, lightly carbonated, bland but not completely insipid.

Overall: it's hard to wax poetic about a brew like this. Do I like it? No. Is there something here for some people? Sure. But, I will say, if you're going to go the chelada route -- do the regular Bud, not the Bud Light version.

Bud Light & Clamato Chelada from Anheuser-Busch