Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bud Light & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Zorro on 06-26-2007

1.75/5  rDev -4.9%

3.34/5  rDev +81.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 4

I really like a red beer and this one is no exception. The color is not the best as it's sort of a pinkish color and not a lot of head. It's a little spicy and goes down really smooth and the aftertaste is really nice. Has a hint of lime and it's slightly salty. I think it's pretty decent red beer, but not something I'd drink all night long but is a good starter for the evening.

2.37/5  rDev +28.8%

Oooh this is weird. It's poured into a meaningless glass because this beer was purchased as a joke. I might not finish it.

It foams up quite a bit when pouring into the glass, and after the head settles there is a fine lacing of tomato particles. It is a cloudy pinkish red reminiscent of water that was just rung out of a rag that was used to wipe up kool-aid from a dirty floor.

The smell is perhaps the best representation of what "awkward" smells like. It smells like rubber balloons, fruit punch, cantaloupe, and sweaty men. It wants to smell good, but it just doesn't quite do it.

The taste is pretty unique, I didn't think a flavor like this would have ever existed on purpose, but Bud decided it needed to happen. It is mildly spicy, a little sweet, very slightly salty, and nothing like beer. It tastes like some children dumped a bunch of tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, and cheap champagne into a glass. There are good flavors in here but they got into a fight with each other in the can and the result is unpleasant. I like the sweetness and the tangyness, and I kind of like the spicyness, just not together.

It is tingly, warmly spicy, and pretty light in the mouth. Swish it a bit and the bubbles and spicy character put on a decent show. The mouthfeel is certainly the crowning achievement of this beverage, worthy of a dollar store participation medal.

Overall, this isn't a beer. This is bad and my roommate hated it. I think I'll be able to finish this 24 ounce can, but I'm not sure yet. You know those awkward Christmas presents that you get from your grandparents sometimes? Well this is that, but in a "beer."

3.5/5  rDev +90.2%

2.75/5  rDev +49.5%

2.5/5  rDev +35.9%

1.75/5  rDev -4.9%

4.2/5  rDev +128.3%

Ok, so first off when you purchase a beer like 'bud light chelada' I don't think it's the best intention to pour it into a snifter glass and give it a full review like a 'pliny the elder' would.

This is a drink primarily for when you're hungover; or have run out of beer for the night and you find it in the recess of your fridge.

I can't tell you what it looks like, I've only consumed straight from the can. It smells decent, and tastes pretty damn good, in my opinion.

I find it laughable when I read review of people critiquing this and pouring it into various glasses and expecting something great. It's bud light and clamato. Come on.

Overall I've enjoyed my fair share of Chelada and this will always have a place in my heart...

3.25/5  rDev +76.6%

1.78/5  rDev -3.3%

A: Pours a cloudy pale pinkish orange in color (not dissimilar to pink grapefruit juice) with some light amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a quarter finger tall fizzy pinkish white head that quickly fades to a thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Strong aromas of celery salt which dominates over the lighter aromas of crushed tomatoes and something briny (it could be the clam juice but the smell if not that distinct). There is not even a subtle hint of beer.

T: Moderate to strong flavors of watery tomatoes, celery salt, salt/brine, and clam juice... Actually the celery salt is a little overwhelming.

M: Light bodied with heavy amounts of carbonation.

O: Found at a gas station during my commute for Thanksgiving visiting with family - glad I found it but this is not something I will be picking up again. The smell and the flavor of the beer are really completely lost in this one, it just seems to contribute the carbonation.

1.12/5  rDev -39.1%

I have been a stead drinker of beer for 15yrs of my life. Budweiser products have always been ny favorite. But I now have to thank Budweiser for making the Most God Awful Beer I have ever tasted!! Please take this product off the market A.S.A.P. Budweiser should also consider one type of refund plan for unsatisfied customers.

2.75/5  rDev +49.5%