Bud Light & Clamato Chelada | Anheuser-Busch

Added by Zorro on 06-26-2007

1.76/5  rDev -1.1%

2.33/5  rDev +30.9%

2.53/5  rDev +42.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

1.77/5  rDev -0.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.69/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

1.67/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Imagine a Bud Light, but with something more. The color is a pinkish red. The nose makes me think of Diet Tomato juice. Then the taste makes me wonder if Crystal Light has a Tomato flavor. If they do, it has been added to Bud Light in the form of this abomination. I could not bring myself to finish more than an ounce. I nice stout goes a long way to added something to a Bloody Mary. Adding Tomato Juice to Bud Light makes angels cry. I had to do it since it is the bottom of the list.

1.78/5  rDev 0%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.7/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

1.06/5  rDev -40.4%

I can't get the flavor out of my mouth. Somebody help me. I tried licking the bottom of my shoe. This beer tastes of cheap light flavorless beer mixed with the worst tomato juice you can find then someone accidentally poured the water out of a fish tank into it, then dumped salt into it to bring out the flavor. Truly horrible.

1.39/5  rDev -21.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

1.81/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

4.54/5  rDev +155.1%

I don't get the bad reviews. I know everyone is different, but it seems to me that there is some snobbery towards this beer. Honestly, the first couple of times that I tried this I didn't like it at all. But, then I started craving the aftertaste. It is smooth and very drinkable. I would probably stay away if you are prone to getting heart burn easy as it is a little spicy. It is great with spicy food such as authentic Mexican or homemade chili. I suggest that all of the haters should give this another try. Maybe you aren't tilting the can properly before opening. You can't just pop a can open and chug. You have to tilt it slightly multiple times to get the beer to mix properly with the clamato.

For anyone that hasn't tried it, give it a shot, but keep an open mind. Also, read the directions on the side of the can.

Straggler part 3 of 4.

I pretty much already know what I'm getting myself into.

Look - Looks kind of like somebody juiced a bloody tampon into my glass. Large momenrary head that disappates to nothingness with a few seconds.

S - What you would expect. Bottom shelf tomato juice and bottom shelf beer.

T - Rancid salvation army esque tomato juice with a medium amount of salt and cheap adjunct.

F - Feels as lifeless and flat as the Dead Sea.

O - I'm going to take this outback and shoot it like the abomination it is. This is only the third beer where I couldn't stick to my " at least drink six ounces prior to dumping " motto. Other two were Mickey's and Steel Reserve. And this takes the shit cake for worst of all time.

3.53/5  rDev +98.3%

For me, this makes Bud Light Drinkable.

2.1/5  rDev +18%

1.2/5  rDev -32.6%

Worst thing I've tasted.
The combo is horrible

1.75/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

After helping my friend move I opened his fridge, only to realize the people that previously lived there had left behind this gem. Seeing how free is the only this beverage should be "enjoyed" I figured this was my best opportunity to try this.

OH GOD. Tastes like rotten speghettios. An icky thickness from the tomato juice. Cheap tomato juice flavor. Very salty. Like the salt that is great in balancing out a Gose, except here the salty serves as only a reminder of the poor life choice you made. Even after drinking it your throat is so dry from the salt. Oh, I forgot to mention the vomit flavor. Or at least what I imagine drinking vomit would taste like.

2.23/5  rDev +25.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

I prefer the Budweiser version of this, although there really is not much difference between the two. Worth a try if you've never had a chelada and think you'd like one... However, if you've ever had a "real" chelada and enjoyed it, then this isnt really that good comparitively.

1.89/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2

Bud Light & Clamato Chelada from Anheuser-Busch