Shock Top Belgian White | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Witbier

Originally known as Spring Heat Spiced Wheat

We’ve shaken up traditional tastes by brewing a spiced Belgian-style wheat ale with real orange, lemon and lime peels,and then added a little coriander spice to the mix. This uniquely-crafted and award-winning ale is unfiltered to create a brew that is naturally cloudy with a light golden color and a smooth, refreshing finish.

Added by zjungleist on 03-11-2006

Ratings: 3,812 |  Reviews: 877

3.12/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I bought this beer for $11.99 for a 12-pack. I thought I would give it a go for that price. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle with a date code that I don't know what it is and into a pint glass. Poured 1/2 the bottle, gave it a swirl, and aggressively poured the rest. I got 1 1/2 fingers of head.

A: Pours a yellow, hazy color with 1 1/2 fingers of head that settle very quickly to form a ring of foam around the glass and that will last until the end. Little to no lacing.

S: Not really a lot there. I was expecting a smell of spices or citrus. It doesn't smell bad; there is just nothing.

T: There is a little spice and some wheat. Again, not a lot going on there.

M: It goes down smooth. Light, nicely carbonated, and makes me want to take another sip. It ends dry.

O: I say it's not bad. I kind of like it because it's easy drinking. I would serve it and recommend it if you haven't tried it. Have one and let's talk about it.

1.5/5  rDev -50.3%

2.75/5  rDev -8.9%

4.09/5  rDev +35.4%

Another good Shock Top offering...

I was impressed with the good gold color of the beer. These Belgian's don't always impress me with their hue but this one looks good. Unfortunately, little to no head, and no staying power - but it was a very bright white color - I'll give it that. I also liked the soothing wheat smell mixed in with hops - it was just right. The carbonation was just right, and the taste was exactly what I smelled, which is a big plus up for me. Overall, I was impressed - it was smooth and refreshing, while packing a decent punch.

2.1/5  rDev -30.5%

I'm not a fan of this beer. Smells like OJ, tastes like watered-down OJ. Unpleasant, lingering aftertaste. It pales in comparison to other similar brews including Blue Moon, which is average at best in my opinion. Surprised to see it was over 5% ABV. Would not buy it again.

2.25/5  rDev -25.5%

3.5/5  rDev +15.9%

3.25/5  rDev +7.6%

2.75/5  rDev -8.9%

3.5/5  rDev +15.9%

Even though this isn't an actual craft beer, I think they did a decent job with it, certainly as good as Coors did with Blue Moon.

Although the real reason I bought it is because Ft Sam has it for $12.50 a case and I couldn't pass up a deal like that. Keep it cold and it's a great beer for a 105 degree day here in south Texas. I wouldn't pay much more than that for it, but when it's cheaper than Pabst . . .

Shock Top Belgian White from Anheuser-Busch