Shock Top Belgian White | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Witbier

Originally known as Spring Heat Spiced Wheat

We’ve shaken up traditional tastes by brewing a spiced Belgian-style wheat ale with real orange, lemon and lime peels,and then added a little coriander spice to the mix. This uniquely-crafted and award-winning ale is unfiltered to create a brew that is naturally cloudy with a light golden color and a smooth, refreshing finish.

Added by zjungleist on 03-11-2006

Ratings: 3,845 |  Reviews: 886
3.25/5  rDev +7.6%

3.41/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Had this at a restaurant last weekend.

A: Cloudy and almost orange in color with a nice head. Not bad.

S: Orange and spicy, maybe a little wheaty, but mostly orange and spice.

T: Mostly follows the smell. Not awful, but it just stops after the fruity spiciness, nothing after that, I was waiting for more, not bad though.

M: Average carbonation. Maybe too watery, goes down pretty easy.

O: Its not bad, I think they were trying to be like Blue Moon too much, Blue Moon is better by the way. But this one isn't bad and you can have a few of them in a session just fine.

3.75/5  rDev +24.2%

4.5/5  rDev +49%

2.5/5  rDev -17.2%

3.25/5  rDev +7.6%

3.14/5  rDev +4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

on tap.
A: Yellow-orange hazy White head no lacing.

Aroma: light and fruity, with a bit of light baked bread.

M: Light body with medium carbonation.

Taste: light and fruity with hint of coriander and orange.

O: Acceptable flavor and aroma except for bring very light and timid.

1.7/5  rDev -43.7%

Full disclosure - I did NOT know this was an A-B product when I drank it. Also, it was free, at an open bar. The draft options were limited, I hadn't heard of Shock Top at the time, and I thought, what the hell, I'm not paying for it, let's give it a shot. The other options were all Bud-Lite/Coors-type beers anyway.

Well, I remember that day, years ago, like it was yesterday, because it's one of the very few times in my life I didn't finish a pint of beer that someone handed to me. it looked fine, it smelled fine, I guess, but when I tasted it, I wondered what the hell had happened. To me it seemed like someone had taken a piss in a vat of beer, thrown a bunch of oranges in to mask the taste of peepee, and then watered down the whole mess to make sure no beer lover ever asked for it again.

What a terrible beer. I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of wheat beers/white beers to begin with, but there are some that I enjoy. Just not this one. Quite possibly one of the worst beers I've ever had.

3.1/5  rDev +2.6%

20 oz draft at the dbacks game, this "premium" selection will run you $11!

A - hazy rusty orange. Watery bubble ring tries to form and dies off quickly. Belgians have been insulted by Inbev calling this a Belgian style beer...

S - Pleasant citrus smell, I like that orange can be picked out from the rest. Typical hefe grassiness in the background. None of the clove or banana from a quality hefe present here though.

T - Not bad really. A mild wheat and yeast presence, nice sweet citrus married in.

M - Very watery. Makes for the stuff of a run of the mill slugdown beer.

O - Good beer for the neophyte branching out from macros. I can think of dozens of better values for my beer money.

4.85/5  rDev +60.6%

This, again is similar to my favorite beer, Blue Moon. I enjoy this beer and have had it both from bottles and on tap. It has a light, golden appearance with a citrus style flavor. Little head, but the head that is there is a creamy light head. This beer is also great with a orange in it.

2.5/5  rDev -17.2%