Bud Light Lime | Anheuser-Busch

Read the review
Bud Light LimeBud Light Lime

Missouri, United States

Style: Light Lager

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Reviews: 551 | Ratings: 2,517
Reviews by JohnnyMc:

2.54/5  rDev +10%

12oz clear bottle with no freshness date. "100% Natural Lime Flavor" on the label, natural can mean just about anything these days.

Spritzy white head drops down to a thin lacing, crystal clear pale yellow color. Dry lime aroma, smells of lime flavored Alka-Seltzer ... hello beer, anyone home? Light bodied and a little slick on the palate. The carbonation has a little bite to it. Lime flavor throughout, reminds me of a diet lemon-lime soda that has been watered down by the ice that has melted into it. Malt, no. Hops, no. All lime, yes. So I am basically drinking a diet lime soda with some alcohol.

Great concept but this is going in the wrong direction for beer and you can't even compare this to a good "lager and lime", at least with those you could actually taste beer. One bottle was more than enough, nothing horrible ... just not beer.

As I sit here writing this review, I am drinking a BLL. BLL has become a way of life for me. I wake up and know i'm going to drink a BLL that day. I go to sleep with a belly full of BLL. It brings me and my closest friends together, I make new friends by sharing one of my beloved BLL's with a stranger. Going on a hike? Bring some BLL's. Working up a sweat while your hoola hooping? Drink a BLL. Need something to shotgun? Shotgun a BLL. BLL, BLL, BLL!!! Bud lights with lime wedges are not the same.. Don't do it. Get loose, throw a BLL party, your guests will not be disappointed. If anyone tells you that BLL sucks, get rid of them, you should rethink whether or not you need them in your life. I love you BLL. Peace, Love, BLL! BTW Bud Weiser should make a 48 pack of BLL to make my life easier.

2.68/5  rDev +16%

My buddy brought over 12 of these stinkers, and I thought I was chugging a can of Pledge. How can anyone enjoy this. I am good with Bud Lites, but this is just such a bad idea. My biggest issue was that a homeless person always takes my recycling, and this hobo has been looking down at me ever since seeing them in my bin. So in a nutshell, Bud Lite Lime is terrible but a 12 pack will get you 60 cents of recycling money, so that is a positive

3.15/5  rDev +36.4%

First off, this beer is slammed a bit too heavily. Bud Light Lime is a great summer beer to keep a buzz and not empty your wallet. Color is typical yellow color and everything else is essentially a Bud Light (go figure). Taste is watery, adjunct rice with added artificial lime flavor. While that does not sound too great, there is a charm to it if you drink American light beers. If you're trying to not feel weighed down while out in the heat, then this is a solid choice.

1.5/5  rDev -35.1%

1.64/5  rDev -29%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This beer.... This beer is just Bud Light with a little bit of lime in it. And I mean a LITTLE bit of lime. But it's actually a little better than Bud Light. Why, you ask? Because the lime covers up a little bit of the "Bud Light" taste. Don't get me wrong, I mean, it still tastes like Bud Light. But the lime helps distract a little bit from the pain.

And since this beer is literally the exact same thing as Bud Light, save for the lime, I am just going to copy and paste my Bud Light review below, while making one, small appendage:

There isn't much to say about Bud Light that hasn't already been said. It's not that it's a BAD beer - it doesn't have a BAD taste, or a BAD smell.... but rather it LACKS just about everything. There is almost no flavor, no smell, the beer is extremely pale (even for a pilsner - I've seen darker champagnes). You can taste some slight corn, grains, and malt, (AND A LITTLE BIT OF LIME!!!!) but it really all gets overpowered by the extreme carbonation. Hops are basically irrelevant and almost completely unnoticeable. The beer is about as thin as they come.

Having had many of these throughout my college years, I've come a long way. Bud Light gives you exactly what you pay for - a "beer" to drink when you really don't care about what beer you're drinking. With a nearly absent flavor and smell, there are MANY better options than Bud Light, even at comparable prices.

So there you have it. Next time you want Bud Light - look and see if they have Bud Light Lime. It's just a pinch better.

1.53/5  rDev -33.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Its been over a year since I first saw this beer being sold in my store and until just now I figured what the hell i'll look in to it.
24oz. can poured into a pilsner glass vigorously.

A- Very pale straw yellow fluid that revels a loose inch of bubbly white head that falls to nothing just like the lacing, nothing. Spritzy carbonation sparkles.

S- Smell is well... limes and lots of them! If any a hint of sweet malts and thats pushing it.

T-M- Ice cold this taste like a overly lime Mexican beer upfront but with more observations on the flavors it becomes appearent that this is but a bud light with a massive dose of artifical lime bite. To me this beer taste like fruit loops cereal. Cereal malts, artifical fruit flavor and sugar is all I taste.
Mouthfeel is slick with moderate carbonation bursting the "fruit loop" flavors in all directions.

All and all there is a time and place for a beer like this i just haven't found it yet... cheers!

1.25/5  rDev -45.9%

2.32/5  rDev +0.4%

1.46/5  rDev -36.8%

TERRIBLE! not good at all..this beer is the same crappy beer as bud light with a twist..now they added a bunch of artificial lime flavor which basically tastes like a bunch of candy mixed with beer. Reminiscent of a mexican cervesa with a light body. Overall this beer is not something you want to drink i cant even imagine what a hangover from this beer must be like. Avoid at all costs!

1.96/5  rDev -15.2%

The short story is that this beer tastes almost exactly like Fruit Loops cereal. The lime flavor does not feel "natural" but instead very extract-like. Really one of the worst beers I've ever tasted, and evidence of a disturbing trend--and I've actually warmed up to having a regular BudLight here and there. Not snobbery, this is just gross.

2.76/5  rDev +19.5%

this is not a good beer. This beer is made to be drunk in large quantities. It might be good for chicks or beer bong. I wouldn't be caught dead with this beer again at a party. Also, I wouldn't be too open to pair this with any types of food except wings.

Bud Light Lime from Anheuser-Busch