Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bud Light Lime | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

firstprev| 2501-2525 | 2526-2550 | 2551-2575  | next → last
Ratings: 2,570 |  Reviews: 557
2.23/5  rDev +3.2%

Looks like a Bud/Light, clear yellow with zero head retention or lacing. The smell of lime overpours the smell of an adjunct lager, but there is a slight chemical aspect to it. Taste is of cereal grains and lime, so pretty much Bud Light with lime juice, but again there is a chemically off note that comes through in the finish. Much more of a natural lime taste than the fruit loop-y Miller Chill, but still a little nasty.

1.14/5  rDev -47.2%

Appearance - Average (read same old) pale yellow. ThicK head that quickly disappears.

Smell - Lime. Sugar. Salt.

Taste - Cardboard and synthetic lime juice.

Mouthfeel - Fizzy.

Drinkability - Stay away. FAR AWAY

I didn't think they could make Bud Light any worse... I shouldn't assume things.

2.72/5  rDev +25.9%

Decided to give this one a try, despite knowing I will probably be disappointed. This one is a bit different than the Miller Chill. None of the salt, more lime. The lime actually doesn't seem as fake as I expected.. this basically just tastes like an extremely light beer with quite a bit of lime flavor. I guess its drinkable, but after a few it gets a bit sickly.

2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

First off is Lots of Lime in the nose! ... big foamy head in to the glass that seems to break its neck to dissipate, but leaves a tiny ring ... is very refreshing and tangy but when it warms it can be a beast, Serve COLD!! .. better than most BMC products and probably somewhat better than Miller Chill...

2.74/5  rDev +26.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4.5

I picked up a sixer of this new brew for a 'round the firepit cookout at my house.

A - Yellow gold with a faint greenish cast and no real head or lace to speak of. Looks like your average macro lager.

S - Lime rind right up front. The citrus lime lies on top of a basic Mexican lager (Corona, Dos Equis, etc) smell. Smells very beachy and vacation-y.

T - Yep. Lime right up in your face. This is more like a lager with a lime stuck in it than a whole new style of beer like Miller Chill. Doesn't taste half bad really.

M - Light bodied, a bit watery, and VERY thirst quenching.

D - While working up a mean thirst playing around on the beach on a scorching day this would be perfect. I still like Miller Chill a little bit better though.

2.85/5  rDev +31.9%

Thanks (I think) to Andy for sharing not one but two bottles of Bud Light Lime. Is this really appropriate? After we've been close friends and beer colleagues for so many years?

Appearance: Pours a very clear, very pale yellow body with a small, fizzy, white head.

Smell: Very lemon-limey in the scent, almost sickeningly so. There's nothing "light" about the smell.

Taste: Altogether bland beyond pale malts are somewhat sweetish. The lime flavoring seems artificial and is reminiscient of a Sprite. Though not to imply I'd ever reach for one of these again, I will say it was better than Miller Chill.

Mouthfeel: Light-bodied. Medium carbonation.

Drinkability: OK, it's official, this tastes like Sprite, and can you really get angry with a bottle of Sprite?

2.82/5  rDev +30.6%

A- Dirty Yellow, white head. Minimal Lacing.

S- Just limes!

T- Suprisingly spot on what you expect. Nothing shocking. Its a light tasteless lager with lime juice. It really reminds me of corona without shoving anything into the bottle.

M- High carbonation, very light

D- Easy to drink. I think when it gets hot this stuff will even be more appealing. I had two, and then didn't really want anymore though. The lime flavor tends to get old.

Suprised. I really had the lowest expectations for this! Its not really bad, the lime is strong, but tastes fairly natural. Its a notch above Miller chill!

3.11/5  rDev +44%

Another chapter in aerozeppl's quest to sample the shitty stuff that the masses seem to love...

A- There is no word in the English language that accurately describes this. Its closer to the color you get when there's a little bit of Coke or Pepsi left in your glass and you pour water in it so the sugary dregs won't dry to the bottom and be difficult to clean. Other macros are pale, this is watery looking.

S- Lime juice. Wow! I really didn't expect it to actually smell like limes. There is the corn adjunct-y smell swimming in there too.

T- Tastes like lime-y, watery beer. This works in the same way that wrapping a dog's medication in a piece of cheese works- you hide the nastiness behind a more dominant and pleasing flavor and you can fool them into thinking its good. Nice job, A-B. Nice job.

M- Thin & watery. Active, seltzer-y carbonation. No expectations of anything more.

D- Guzzle this quick while its COLD, otherwise the adjuncts start shining through hinting at its true nature. If I were already drunk and in Cancun, I'd drink this shiznit all day long.

1.65/5  rDev -23.6%

Pours a very light yellow with a small 1/16 inch head, with average lacing. Below average carbonation with a strong sweet smell of lemons. Tastes like carbonated lemons with almost no alcohol taste. This is awful and tastes like Lemon Pledge. It would make a better cleaning product than a malt beverage.

2.7/5  rDev +25%

Poured from a 16 oz metal bottle. It pours an extremely pale gold, crystal clear, with a surprising rush of carbonation and head, which fizzes away almost instantly, leaving virtually no lacing. The lime flavor dominates. It is surprisingly authentic - it does taste and smell exactly like you've just squeezed a fresh lime into the glass. Unfortunately, other than that, this is no more and no less than a standard Bud Light - virtually no aroma, only the faintest hint of malt and not even the feeblest lip service to hop bitterness, aroma or flavor. The mouthfeel is just this side of water and whatever character the beer has on the tongue evaporates before the beer even hits the back of your throat.

This is not an offensive beer - in fact, it is a slight improvement on Bud Light just because the lime gives your mouth something to do. I suspect this will be a smash hit on the market, and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world at a party on a hot summer day. But this adds nothing to the art of brewing.

2.57/5  rDev +19%

Pours out how it looks in the bottle, light straw. Head is white and drops quickly.

Smell. Is not far off at all to a bud light, but does have a little of that rubber hint to it i can smell in bl. The limes are present, but not as potent as i thought they would be.

Taste. Limes come out a lot more here as it is a citrus beer...lime takes over and masks the rest of the 6 IBUs in this beer. Dont know what else to really say about the flavor...I think the label does it just fine- bud light with lime. Aftertaste keeps the lime citrus with it.

Mouthfeel. Same as a bud light- thin with lots of carbonation. But the lime does seem to be more flavors on my tongue than just a regular bl.

Overall, they wanted to make a lime bl, and that is exactly what it is. I can see it being refreshing and more of a thirst quencher than a beer. I bought this as a single....wont ever buy a six pack of it, but I wouldnt say I would never drink it again.

2.24/5  rDev +3.7%

It has the same pale gold yellow appearance that Bud Light has and the same crappy soap-bubble head that fizzes out quickly. It smells slightly better but only because fruity lime odor is hiding the inferior ingredients used in brewing Bud Light. Taste is slightly better for the same reason. It tastes like light beer mixed with Seven Up or Sprite or Faygo Lemon Lime. It tastes more like pop than beer to me, actually. It thin and watery and easy to drink. It's the consummate chick drink.

1.87/5  rDev -13.4%

I am proud to say the only reason I tried this beer is because I got it free as a promotional item. I had no high expectations. Had it iced cold in a pint glass. Poured a crystal clear goldedn color with a fast forming and quickly disapating head. Smelled of fresh sqeezed lime and a little rock salt like I was about to take a tequila shot. Taste was of Bud light, watery, just a hint of lime and stinging on the tongue. This will probably be enjoyed at a frat party and your biggest concern is hooking up (feed her some of these, it should do the trick)

2.73/5  rDev +26.4%

I know most of you guys are doggin' this beer, but it isn't bad for what it is, a light lager with a lime flavor. AB hit it right on the nail.

A- Very light golden color with moderate carbonation.

S- light hints of malt and lime

T- Bud light with lime (not my fav)

M- light carbonation with a not much of an aftertaste.

D- It goes down smooth.

I could see myself drinking a couple and then the heart burn might set in (IMO). Not my cup of tea, but I see this doing well for AB.

2.32/5  rDev +7.4%

Poured slightly more yellow than water with a very light white head.

Smell was all lime.

Tasted like a glass of club soda with lime, seriously no beer flavor at all, just a lightly carbonated lime drink. The taste isn't bad, and I like lime on occasion. But it has no beer flavor at all.

Mouthfeel is lightly carbonated water.

Easy to drink, but hardly beer at all.

3.52/5  rDev +63%

I recieved a bottle of this from the AB distributor.. thanks Jenny.

I was expecting something simillar to Miller Chill, which I did not enjoy. But much to my surprise, I actually enjoyed this one. Smells of fresh lime, with little to no hop charachterestics. Very clean finish with no aftertaste makes this a nice session brew over the summer by the pool.

Most of you won't try this objectively. However, if you allow yourself to, I think many will like it.

Nice job A-B.

1.61/5  rDev -25.5%

A- got a sample of one of these from a distributor. as one would suspect, this looks just like bud light, perhaps a bit brighter in color. the usual pale yella, this time with an odd plastic looking white head.

S- yick. lime hard candy, fried rice, and corn. lime doesn't smell natural at all and it overpowers.

T- luckily, the lime taste is actually similar to real lime, unlike the smell. its sourness also covers up some of the wet dog pale grain taste.

MF- light and fizzy but leaves a pasty feeling, i assume from the lime. not a good feeling.

D- these boys shoulda learned their lesson from miller chill. this might even be worse.

2.88/5  rDev +33.3%

Clear bottle with a green label given to me. I just drank it from the bottle, it was either that or a plastic cup.

A - Transparent yellow coloration. Looks fizzy, like soda, or carbonated juice.

S - Corn and lime, maybe a hint of beer.

T - Tastes very similar to the Landshark when garnished with a lime. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for here besides a light pale malt body with (!) lime flavoring. Does taste like real lime, so I give credit for that one.

M - Light bodied, sharp carbonation, clean finish.

D - Yeah, it's arguably not even a macro lager, but for what it is, it's pretty drinkable. I can't really bash this the way I had expected to, it just really isn't that bad at all. Make no mistake the bashings will happen, but I'm willing to bet a few of you will actually like this stuff for a hot day on the beach.

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured to a good head that had big bubbles. The beer was very light yellow. No lacing was evident. The head tasted like lime. The only thing you could smell was lime. Nothing else. Just lots of lime. All you could taste was lime. It also had a strong aftertaste of more lime. It remeinded me of a 7 Up flavor except it was more lime tasting. Sorry to overkill the lime, but Bud blew it here. Its not beer its lime juice. Carbonation was a bit much. Also felt watery in the mouth with no body. I wont buy this ever. I got a free one from a friend and gave it a shot. This will go to my do not buy list.

2.23/5  rDev +3.2%

A: Poured from bottle, into pils glass. Typical macro pour, typical macro head ( or lack of)

S: Lime, beer...eh, lime beer.

T: Lime, beer. What can you say.

M: Clean, not greasy, or overpowering. Missing the saltyness that Miller Chill has, which is OK with me.

D: Eh. Still not sure. Was not offensive. Just not my style of beer, however, I did rate this upon STYLE, not personal preferance. I'm sure this will be a hit, and pretty much bury Miller Chill.

firstprev| 2501-2525 | 2526-2550 | 2551-2575  | next → last