Bud Light Lime | Anheuser-Busch

Bud Light LimeBud Light Lime

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Style: Light Lager

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Reviews: 549 | Ratings: 2,512
2.18/5  rDev -5.6%

I always understood that their was a man-law against "fruiting the beer". As a coffee enthusiast, I know that many coffee companies will flavor their inferior coffee crops to cover up the substandard product. I can only imagine that the same concept would apply in the world of coffee. Nothing special about this beer, just an attempt at an "exotic" taste. Not to bash a beer, but a macro-brew trying to be exotic seems like a bit of a contradiction to me.

3.9/5  rDev +68.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Well, to start off with Bud Light Lime, I have to admit that it's one of the lightest tasting beers I've had. I'm a pretty big fan of dropping a lime in a beer when I can so naturally I had to try this one. Yeah, the lime flavoring is noticeable but definetly not overpowering. I agree with the poster who said "if you dont like beer, this is the drink that will get you drunk". Or something like that. I'll also admit that this definetly wouldn't be a beer afficianado's idea of a great brew, but on a beach day, or a game day, or just anytime you want to have a cold one or two with no real goal in mind, I have no problem reaching for this one. It's very drinkable, which is its strongest point I believe. While it may not be the favorite beer of most people, I bet I'd be hard-pressed to find many who downright hate it. I think AB hit the spot pretty well with this one.

2.4/5  rDev +3.9%

A - Typical macro light beer appearance. Clear and pale yellow, with a soapy white head, little lacing.

S - Smells like - what else? - bud light w/chemical lime flavoring.

T - Light and largely flavorless, except for the shock of lime in the middle. The first few I had, I did enjoy as it was early summer and I mostly wanted anything cold. From that point on, I grew to hate the chemical taste of the lime flavoring.

M - Boring and chemical. The lime really starts to gross me out after a few minutes.

D - If you don't like beer, this is what you drink to get drunk. I personally can't stand the lime flavoring, and the small amount of alcohol means it'll take most a looot of Lime Flavor #12 to get through the night.

2.51/5  rDev +8.7%

Picked this up from a local grocery store.

Pours a clear, pale straw yellow with a thin white head. Aroma was all lime, not a hint of anything "beer." Taste was very "Corona" like, definetly lime without a hint of cereal grains or malt. A citric acid aftertaste, like a phosphate soda. Mouthfeel was very watery and carbonated. For a hot day I would still prefer a regular light macro, but this wasn't to bad. Out of the trendy "lime" beers I have tried this is the better of them.

2.75/5  rDev +19%

12oz left at in the fridge after a party last week.. oh well... here it goes.. poured into my shaped SA glass.

fizzy head dropped back into the crystal clear very pale gold brew..

aroma reminds me of Sprite or a boutique ginger ale.. definitely not beer though.

Flavor is like some horrible beer - lime gatorade - sprite hybrid.. the lime flavor blows out any beer note that might be hiding .. fizzy.. but still sorta refreshing for my palate..

That said... I would never in a million years spend my money on this brew... I guess I could sorta see how it may be okay on a scorcher day.. but it still sucks...

2/2/3/2.5/3.5

2.2/5  rDev -4.8%

About as mundane as it gets for a macro...
Appearance - yellow gold with lots of carbonation.
Smell - the "lime" smells like candy flavored sugar dumped into a bud light bottle.
Taste - Not as completely horrible as I was expecting. Its the beer drinkers version of a lime cola, same taste as the product your used to with lime flavoring added.
Mouthfeel - pure carbonation.
Drinkability - I was acutally surprised at its drinkability. It goes down well on a hot summer day, although after a drinking a few the lime flavor tends to lose its edge.

Given the choice I'd rather get a Corona or Dos Equis, at least you can add a real lime. I'm not a fan of macros overall. This is an average attempt at this genre.

2.39/5  rDev +3.5%

found this rare belgian in my girlfriends dad's fridge.

poured from bottle into pint glass

pours 2 finger fluffy white head. unnattractive pale bmc straw color. lacing forms but does not stick

smells like lime and typical bmc generic beer smell

light lime flavor with malt aftertaste no hopiness. I prefer this lime flavor over the non flavor of regular bud light

mouthfeel is light with sharp prickly carbonation

drinkability is high I guess if you actually liked it.

this would work on a hot day if served very cold and maybe straight from the bottle

2.3/5  rDev -0.4%

Got a 12 pack of this for $10.99

This beer is a great thirst quencher on a hot Summer's day. I would pick this over a Corona/Landshark/Miller Chill (insert gimmicky flavored beer here) any day of the week. Not an overpowering lime taste but still much better than a Bud Light. Good work AB.

2.54/5  rDev +10%

Not a great product at all. Then again, its coming out of Anheuser Busch, and not too much out of there is that great. Essentially, it tastes like a watered down Corona with lime juice squeezed in it. Not recommended at all. I'd almost rather grab a Busch Light then drink this again.

2.42/5  rDev +4.8%

A - Pours 2 fingers of frothy white head that has little to no retention and doesn't leave any lacing. The beer is an extremely light straw color. It almost looks like water when held to the light.

S - The only thing I can make out is lime. It's not too overpowering, but it's the only item in the aroma, which isn't surprising since light beers typically lack in the aroma department.

M - A light-bodied beer. It's pretty thin with a fizzy feel because of the high amount of carbonation.

T - Some indistinguishable malt flavor in the beginning which is quickly taken over by the lime. The tart lime flavor hits near the middle and stays till the end. This beer drinks almost like a soda with the sweeter taste and high carbonation.

I haven't had the Miller Chill in awhile but from what I recall, this is better, but only by a small margin. It's very easy to drink, but doesn't really taste much like a beer.

2.6/5  rDev +12.6%

Pours clear straw yellow with a white head that becomes a patch.

The smell is as advertised - lime. There'a macro beer-ish smell underneath, but couldn't pinpoint it as Bud Light, necessarily. Clean - lime has an real smell - not artificial.

The taste is like a lime soda - less sweet though. Not very "beery", but considering its a macro light with lime, could be worse. Finishes crisp and clean without lime hanging on. It has little to no aftertaste - fine in this case.

The body is fizzy and light - very highly carbonated - again, more like lime soda/seltzer.

Drinks surprisingly well enough for one - could almost see a somewhat refreshing quality to it on a hot day for non-beer drinkers. If I liked lime soda more, I may have liked this one more. It's okay for what it is, I suppose, but one is enough.

2.36/5  rDev +2.2%

got this free from a friend, i had the choice of bud, bud light, and bud light lime so i chose this one

a: pours a crystal clear straw yellow golden color with about an eigth inch of head that dissapears fast leaving an ever so slight ring of lace around the edge of the glass as well as a small patch no top towards the middle part of the beer
s: sweet limeade aroma hints of corn and bready malts very crisp aroma like its over carbonated
t: the bready/corny malts hit the tongue first but that flavor is quickly dominated by a sour limeade flavor very sharp and over carbonated
m: light bodied beer with ALOT of carbonation

overall, this isnt as bad as i thought it would be, i had miller chill about a year ago and i believe this to be better, however that does not mean that i will be purchasing either again

2.28/5  rDev -1.3%

12 oz. bottle. Pours yellow, with a white tiny fizzy head which diminished immediately. Had a light doughy smell, with the obvious lime-flavored aroma. Taste was actually not bad, like a good corona with a lime. Had a somewhat salty finish. It was pretty fizzy on the palate, too much carbonation. Not great, but drinkable.

Same co-workers house as my Mich Ultra review... I was pressured into trying BL with Lime. I had read (possibly in BA Mag) how many millions of barrels of Miller Chill had been sold which led to AB wanting a piece of the action. Who is drinking this stuff? I don't mind the occasional fruity beer but I am rarely if ever chopping up fresh fruit to garnish my beer with. Never mind fresh fruit, what about an imitation lime flavoring? It tastes like limeade with a twist of beer. Way too sweet to be anything close to enjoyable. I think the taste that I took didn't even clear the neck of the bottle and I returned it to my friend to finish it up. I can't believe that people willingly choose this stuff to drink.

2.41/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 3.5

Pale yellow color, white head with tiny, packed bubbles. Nothing remains but a tiny ring around the top.

No Bud Light aromas. Just lime.

Enjoyably Lime-centric, this covers up the general skanky flavor of the underlying beer with a decently authentic-tasting citric character.

Very broadly reminiscent to me of Cherry Wheat, in that the fruit is upfront and generally pleasant. The mouthfeel is super thin and fizzy, but it's not that bad on a really hot day.

I'm holding out for Bud Light Weed.

2.3/5  rDev -0.4%

This is just a bad version of a Corona + lime. Good idea, bad execution. The artificial-lime taste is very overwhelming, it's pretty highly carbonated, and there is basically no reason to purchase this. It surprises me when beers like this make it through market research tests.

I'll post the same review for Miller Chill, which I thought was equally bad.

2.05/5  rDev -11.3%

Poured a crystal clear straw yellow. Very fizzy head that quickly fell to a thin ring.
Smelled of lime with a little sweet grain/corn. Lime really dominates the aroma.
Tastes similar to aroma. Lime dominates followed by light grain/corn. There is some bitterness, but I couldn't tell if it was from the lime or the beer. Kind of reminded me of lime flavored sparkling mineral water in the flavor. Also had a slight salty component.
Very thin mouthfeel. Again, like lime flavored sparkling mineral water.
Drinkable only in the low ABV sense. I grew tired of the lime before finishing the bottle, so that knocks the drinkability down for me.
This might be ok at a summer picnic, but it has to be ice cold. Better than Corona with lime IMHO. Not recommended even for non-beer drinkers.

2.22/5  rDev -3.9%

One of these turned up on our picnic table last time we went camping. Its been in our fridge for a little too long now so I thought I'd fix that problem.

Beer pours a light straw yellow with a small fizzy head that starts maybe a finger high and ends a thin ring. Aroma is mostly lime-like with a slight sweetness holding it up. Flavor matches with lime and sweet rice/malt. Nothing offensive if lime flavor doesn't bother you. Mouthfeel is thin, with a very mild bitterness that comes majorly from the lime flavor. Carbonation is appropriate. This is drinkable I suppose. Nothing really makes me want another though. I'm kind of craving something more delightfully hoppy now...

If I'm in the mood for easy drinking lime taste in the future there's a strong chance I'll be going for some kind of tequila drink instead of one of these concoctions.

3.17/5  rDev +37.2%

Typical Bud pale gold color. Atypical aroma however, like a drive-in limeade. Little head, that quickly fades and no lacing at all. Surprisingly natural lime flavors, not like the candy/artificial I was expecting. Medium/light body, higher carbonation. This is akin to a girly drink. Think Smirnoff Ice. It will probably be a hit with underfed, tanorexic girls in LA/Miami.

2.4/5  rDev +3.9%

This is Bud Light with artificial lime flavor. The color was like you'd expect. Smelled like artificial limes. Taste was Bud Light with artificial lime flavor. Thin mouthfeel. The only thing going for it is the quaffability. Goes down like water. Tried one to say I tried it and that's it.

2.54/5  rDev +10%

A. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a glass. A bit of head forms and is gone in a matter of minutes.

S. A pleasing lime-ade smell. I am not expecting this to taste like a normal beer.

T. A lime soda beer. Initial grittyness of a bud followed by a wave of lime that lasts long after the swollow.

M. Light, watery, highly carbonated. Soda-like feel.

D. It is what it is. I am making a sacrifice in the name of advocating. I do not advocate this unless you cannot make your mind up between having a beer or a Sprite.

3.65/5  rDev +58%

Tried the Bud Light Lime for the very first time. The color of the beer is the same as most standard Budweiser products, but you can taste a little hint of lime in the beer. The lime taste is very subitle, but is also felt. This beer is very drinkable.

2.03/5  rDev -12.1%

I cannot believe that I just gave an AB beer that high of rankings. The only other AB beer I can remember worth mentioning is Bare Knuckle Stout (even thought I have not had it in three or so years).

Honestly, this was not as horrible as I thought it would be. It far surpassed both Bud Light and Miller Chill.

I wouldn't turn it down if it were free....

2.35/5  rDev +1.7%

A - golden straw yellow, frothy white 1" head that diminished quickly

S - sprite-ish, lemonade, ginger ale, corn

T - watered down sprite mixed with ginger ale with a weird corn husk taste. No hops detected

M - very light, heavy carbonation, watery

D - drinkable but somewhat bland. I chugged one of these bottles in about 30 seconds and then grabbed a Victory Storm King to enjoy.

Overall - very disappointing... oh wait, it's another macro lager so I shouldn't be. Very bland and watery. Not worth the money. I'd probably chug it if it was free. I'd rather have a Labatt Blue Light.

2.7/5  rDev +16.9%

Poured a bottle of this into a shaker glass.

A: Pours a clear, straw-yellow body with no head or lacing of note.

S: Smells of limes and salt. Reminds more of a margarita than a beer.

T: Despite the "lime" in the name, kind of tasted more like a mojito with a mintness to it and salt definitely brings itself to the forefront of taste here. Nothing overwhelming.

M: A light, crisp, and refreshing mouthfeel that was pretty good and quite enjoyable for a summer beer. Bonus point here.

D: A fairly drinkable beer, but mostly due to the mouthfeel. An easy beer that does not take much to drink. The slight saltiness with a refreshing mint/lime taste made this beer very easy to drink. Decent overall, but nothing major and I can't say I would make this one a beer of choice in the future.

Bud Light Lime from Anheuser-Busch