Budweiser Select 55 | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Select 55 is brewed with specialty malts and a blend of imported and domestic hopping. Select 55 has a light golden color and offers aroma notes of toasted malt and subtle hopping.

Added by jsh420 on 09-09-2009

This beer is one of the worst beers on planet earth and I am embarrassed for the makers. It is like drinking heartburn and having no ware to go to throw up. An abundant disaster by the makers of Budweiser. Would rather drink Wisconsin Club than this tragedy on a bad day.

Probably the worst beer I've ever had. Give me alcoholic bitter water over this.

Another one I drank as part of losing a bet. Clear bottle poured into straight pint glass. I honestly try to find something positive about every beer I try, but even I couldn't find one nice thing to say about this puppy. Clear, urine color. No grain or hop scents. Almost zero flavor. The same amount of body as a glass of water. Water has a higher level of drinkability because it's not pretending it's not water. Only drink if you lose a bet.

OK so my updated review:

I hate to even admit I have tried this beer, but I have. This should not even be classified as a beer and more as a liquid used to torture our enemies. There is nothing about this beer that could be classified as good except after you drink one you only sacrificed your soul and 55 calories to try it.

Here is why I said the above. This beer has an awful taste that only get worse when it gets warmer. There is no flavor to discuss. I understand this is seems like I am "slamming" this beer. I really am not! There isn't anything to write about with this beer. The mouth feel is almost chalky leaving your mouth dry. The flavor is a a generic American style bud, but with less taste. I would recommend you try another beer if you are looking for a lot cal beer.

Budweiser Select 55 from Anheuser-Busch