O'Doul's | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Low Alcohol Beer

O'Doul's and O'Doul's Amber are non-alcohol malt beverages.

O’Doul’s has a mild, sweet taste with a slightly dry finish. O’Doul’s Amber has a rich, slightly sweet taste with flavorful hop finish.

O’Doul’s and O’Doul’s Amber are brewed as traditional premium beers – fermented and aged to full maturity. The alcohol is then removed through the use of low temperature, low-pressure distillation. This extremely gentle process allows the alcohol to be removed without heating or cooking the beer, which retains the full, rich and delicate flavor and balance of our non-alcohol brews.

Added by kbub6f on 08-29-2002

1.38/5  rDev -38.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Really pretty unpleasant. A relative who doesn't drink alcohol left one of these at my house and I thought I'd review it. Ocassionally I've had one of these when I was on painkillers and couldn't drink. I'd say there were better low to non alcohol beers out there. Pours an extremely yellow color with lots of bubbles but no head. The smell is really awful, like the bottom of a trash can. Rotting vegetables. The taste is just beareable, with lots of corny flavors and a kind of soapiness. The mouthfeel is partly crisp,partly soapy with little body. Just barely drinkable- if you have to. If you are looking for a .5% beer, this will do in a pinch, but try a german or even kaliber for something marginally better. If you merely want a low alcohol beer, try a Berliner kindl weiss at 2.5%

2.1/5  rDev -5.8%

I drank this once before I was 21 when a friend of mine was stealing a beer from different 6-packs from his work. For some reason, he grabbed a couple of these and I haven't seen since the other night when I went to drink at my "recovering" alcoholic sister-in-law's house.
clear, yellowish body that has no smell really. Taste is light and airy, a tad sweetness is overpowered by barley and water. This stuff doesn't dry out the mouth, which is good. Then again, that's because there is nothing in here except water and barley. I will take a soda anyday, but I guess I can see why people trying to quit alcohol but still like a cold "beer" here and there will spend money on it.

1.5/5  rDev -32.7%

1.75/5  rDev -21.5%

Pours a clear yellow brew with lots of carbonation.

Smell is just a little grain smell, not good or bad.

Taste is pretty watery and a little sour. No hop flavor detected.

Mouthfeel is weak, fizzy water.

Drinkability is watery, better than some NA beers but, not quite as good as a Budweiser.

1.89/5  rDev -15.2%

12 oz. green bottle,

A: Pours a pale yellow, looks like a typical macro lager, but it's got a really nice head initially, but by the end of the glass, it retreats to nothing.

S: Very light, faint smell of malt and hops, though skunk is the predominate smell.

T: Very light, like the smell, some faint malt taste and corn, but that is it.

M: Light, like water almost, with some carbonation, has a bit of a beer body.

D: Good if you want a beer but don't want the alcohol, easy to drink, since it is basically nothing more than malt-flavoured soda water, but I usually want something with a little more body and flavour.

2.27/5  rDev +1.8%

Note to myself: Make sure you have your glasses with you when buying new beers!

I was in Ruby's Inn genreal store after a days hiking in Bryce Canyon picking up some stuff for the evening and grabbed this beer along with a few others, my mistake.

Green 12 oz bottle, poured into two plastic toothbrush holders from our motel room.

To be fair the beer had a lovely foaming head of snow white bubbles. The body was a typical lager clean looking golden straw colour.

That is about the best I can say about the brew, it got steadily worse as the tasting progressed.

I wasn't impressed at all, apart from its initial looks.

1.25/5  rDev -43.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

2.95/5  rDev +32.3%

Picked up at Julio's so I could check this style off my list. Poured into a Sam Adams perfect pint.

A - A super crystal clear straw pour with a fizzy white two finger head that fades rapidly to leave a thin halo. Lots of bubbles in the glass.

S - Larger aromas. Lots of sweet malts, grains, and corn. Not much else.

T - Pretty much the same. Much sweeter than I figured it would. Sweet malts, some grains and corn. I've had worse surprisingly.

M - Somewhat thin, but I suppose that is to be expected. Its still refreshing though, but then again so is water.

O - Overall, shocked at this beer. I guess if you cant drink beers anymore this doesnt taste all that bad. I've had much worse lagers.

1.83/5  rDev -17.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

2.22/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Pale straw yellow beer, good clarity, lots of water, almost no head, 1/6" range stuff that quickly vanishes. Aroma was grain, corn.

Taste came across similar to the usual bmc stuff but the same amount of noble hop impact. Still has the bitterness derived from metal seemingly. Its not awful stuff, but I'd rather just have a soda or a gatorade if I can't drink alcohol. Or you know, water.

2.88/5  rDev +29.1%

12oz bottle

A- Poured into a pint glass. Pours a pale golden yellow color with fizzy white head.

S- The aroma is mostly grain with just a touch of hops.

T- The taste like the aroma is light grain and not much else. Clean, crisp and refreshing. Nothing more, nothing less.

M- The mouthfeel is light bodied and highly carbonated.

D- I tried to review this beer for what it is. A light beer with very little alcohol. I was not expecting a huge complex beer or something that would knock my socks off. For what it is, it is a pretty decent brew to knock back a few of them in a sitting without getting a buzz.

3.01/5  rDev +35%

So begins my quest for a nice N/A....

Clear straw color with a nice white head at first and very active carbonation pretty much throughout. Prominent corn adjunct aroma and flavor but not any more so than the standard A-B offerings. Very light bodied. Crisp and clean and not much different than other alcoholic macros which would make it diff to distinguish blind I would think.

Per label:
-65 cal., 13.3 g carb., 0.7g carb, 0 fat

Born On: 11/30/05
Tasted: 01/08/06

($4.56 / 6-pack)

2.5/5  rDev +12.1%

1.7/5  rDev -23.8%

Poured clear yellow with a medium-sized, white cap. Aroma is watery and nearly nonexistent. Reminded me of shredded paper. Flavor is again, very watery with a light, sweet graininess. Body is ridiculously light and the carbonation was spritzy. Hey, if I try it I will review it.

Can.

3.26/5  rDev +46.2%

A six pack for my father in law. It's been staring at me in the fridge, so why not?

A: The beer is pale, like a pale lager or pils. Clear as day, the ale gets points for translucence. A white head conjured up on pour. Where did it go, though? Disappeared crazy fast.

S: Light cereal grains and that's about it. Sweet creamed corn malt aromas follow a little while later.

T: The beer is surprisingly dry. Underneath that dryness, light biscuity malts and caramel are present. The breadiness takes the place of any alcohol. Corn sweetness is late to the party but it makes an appearance. A surprising amount of flavor for not alcohol. It's not my favorite but in a pinch it would work.

M: The mouthfeel is malty clean, sweet at times. A malted drink, water with some heft.

1.94/5  rDev -13%

1.75/5  rDev -21.5%

3.25/5  rDev +45.7%

2.63/5  rDev +17.9%

Pours a light golden color with a one-finger head into my glass. Seems the usual.

Aroma is full of corn, sweet malt and ginger ale. Yep, your substandard n/a beer here.

Taste is mild and grainy with a bit of sweet malt and ginger ale in the back. Just light and watery enough to be inoffensive.

Not much lingers at the back of the throat. Just a bit of sweet malt and grain.

Eh, it's a non-alcoholic beer. What do you expect? It's inoffensive though. You'd pretty much have to drink a 30 pack just to get drunk. If that's your thing, then by all means, do it.

1.67/5  rDev -25.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

12 oz green bottle.
Crystal clear, light gold colour with a quickly dissipating cap of white foam. A thin collar is supported by a constant stream of bubbles, seems highly carbonated, and there was a bit of transient lacing. Strong aroma of cooked veggies, very sulfury, quite unpleasant. Low bitterness with a sticky malt sweetness. Not much in the way of flavour beyond sharp mineral notes at the end. Light bodied and dry, watery and thin, with lots of carbonation. I didn't expect much and I wasn't surprised. I don't ever expect to have this again.

O'Doul's from Anheuser-Busch