O'Doul's | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Low Alcohol Beer

O'Doul's and O'Doul's Amber are non-alcohol malt beverages.

O’Doul’s has a mild, sweet taste with a slightly dry finish. O’Doul’s Amber has a rich, slightly sweet taste with flavorful hop finish.

O’Doul’s and O’Doul’s Amber are brewed as traditional premium beers – fermented and aged to full maturity. The alcohol is then removed through the use of low temperature, low-pressure distillation. This extremely gentle process allows the alcohol to be removed without heating or cooking the beer, which retains the full, rich and delicate flavor and balance of our non-alcohol brews.

Added by kbub6f on 08-29-2002

View: Beers
2.53/5  rDev +27.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Someone left this at my house so I figure I'll try it. Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a pint glass, coded bottle date. This pours a clear light yellow straw like color with a short lived fizzy large bubbled foamy head which different than most beers. The smells are of adjuncts, no real hop presence. The feel is thin and fizzy. The taste is okay for what it is, not my type of beer but it could be worse, like most other popular beers.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a clean/clear pale yellow color, nice carbonation, little white head, with some sticky lacing. The nose is grainy/ricey. The taste is slightly sweet, grainy/ricey. Light body. Not drinkable, not too much to this brew, not recommended. I guess some people like this brew, but not me.

2.49/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.5

look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

2.46/5  rDev +23.6%

I only recently realized that I had only ever reviewed this from a bottle, not from a CAN! The horror, the horror ... The CANQuest (tm) will not take such effrontery sitting down! Today is F, 09 Sept 2016.

From the CAN: "Premium & Extra Smooth".

I love being able to CANduct a Crack! & inverted Glug, especially when it is a mere 12-fl. oz CAN. In this instance, I got two-plus fingers of fizzy, foamy, bone-white head with poor retention. Color was Straw-Yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with NE-quality clarity, but it was actually far closer to Straw than to Yellow. Nose had a sweetish, corn-like odor, not as sharp as silage, but definitely corn and cereal based. Mouthfeel was pretty thin & watery. The taste was so bland as to be almost undetectable. Finish was likewise unremarkable. Okay, let's review - watery, tasteless, refreshing. Why not just drink some water?

It is a mighty slow day here at CANQuest (TM) Headquarters and a recent visit to one of our local bottle shops inspired me to pick up one of these for review. Once more, Geronimo! Here we go! Look out below!

From the bottle: "O'Doul's starts as a fine premium beer, full brewed, fully fermented and cold-aged. Using only the finest natural ingredients, O'Doul's delivers all the great taste of a fine premium beer."

This is how I amuse myself in the slow moments. It is probably a good thing for society that I am usually kept busy. My pour created better than a finger of bone-white head with moderate retention. Color was a light golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose reminded me of so many AALs that I have reviewed that I wondered which "finest natural ingredients" were used. At least no unnatural ingredients, like plastic (right, Minhas or should I say, the Cybermen Brewery) were harmed in the making of this brew. Mouthfeel was thin, not quite watery, but mot by much. It had a wheat-y, corn-y cereal taste in the mouth to the point that I thought it might have been liquid Chex Mix. Oh man, this was so boring that it could have put Muzak to sleep. Finish woke me up to tell me that it was leaving. What a snoozefest! Thank goodness that I am not consigned to a steady diet of N.A.s!

2.46/5  rDev +23.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Extremely watery. No detectable aroma. No hop taste. Tastes like tonic water with a metallic twinge. They must've done something to increase the flavor in this NA as it has at least a semblance of taste whereas it didn't a few years ago. Very drinkable (due to watery nature). Not as good as the Amber version.

2.46/5  rDev +23.6%

A: Straw colored brew with excellent clarity and minimal carbonation. Soapy head starts out well, but fades quickly. No lace was left behind.

S: A lot like a macro lager. Rice and straw and little else.

T: Weak but presentable. What flavor there is to be had is dominated by rice and dry malt. Bitterness is there, but adds no taste. Finishes very clean.

M: Ultra-light body has the right amount of carbonation.

D: Not bad for an NA. Pretty much Bud with the alcohol zapped out of it.

2.45/5  rDev +23.1%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into nonic pint glass.

Glad to find a single of this at Total Wine for $0.99 so I could finally try an NA beer.

A - Looks pretty much like any American lager/light lager. A finger or less of head recedes quickly to nothing, and leaves some very minimal lace. Pale yellow and completely clear.

S - There's actually a discernable grain aroma with some old, vague hops.

T - Bland grain with a slight sweetness. Finishes clean and flavorless.

M - Quick prickly carbonation that fades almost instantly. Watery, thin.

D - This actually isn't that bad, certainly not as bad as I'd prepared myself for. Of course there are other things, but for a non-beer beer, it's not half bad.

2.45/5  rDev +23.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Poured a clear yellow with escaping bubbles clearly visible. Head was a bit rocky but on the thin side. Nose was sweet and syrupy with maybe some corn present. Not bad, though. Light-to-medium body and on the sweet side. Not much hop bitterness or flavor but also not really out of balance. Fairly clean taste. Mouthfeel can only be described as flat and lifeless. Drinkability isn't awful, but I wouldn't say it's good, either.

Not a bad N/A beer. Like most, it's best ice cold. My wife drinks this and puts a lime in it; I have to say it's really not half bad.

O'Doul's from Anheuser-Busch