O'Doul's Amber | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Low Alcohol Beer

O'Doul's and O'Doul's Amber are non-alcohol malt beverages.

O’Doul’s has a mild, sweet taste with a slightly dry finish. O’Doul’s Amber has a rich, slightly sweet taste with flavorful hop finish.

O’Doul’s and O’Doul’s Amber are brewed as traditional premium beers – fermented and aged to full maturity. The alcohol is then removed through the use of low temperature, low-pressure distillation. This extremely gentle process allows the alcohol to be removed without heating or cooking the beer, which retains the full, rich and delicate flavor and balance of our non-alcohol brews.

Added by kbub6f on 08-28-2002

3.06/5  rDev +37.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

I love drinking O'Douls because it's non-alcoholic. I have to take Dilaudid and Hydromorph Contin which are opioid medications. I have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative Disc Disease, because of these chronic lower back pain conditions I need to take these Narcotic pain medications. If I was to drink beer with alcohol it would kill me.

Thanks to O'Douls I get to enjoy beer again without the alcohol. O'Douls tastes so bloody good and on a hot summers day it's very refreshing!! Thank you Anheuser-Busch for making O'Douls so people like me who can't drink alcohol can still enjoy an ice cold beer. I'm sorry that this isn't a better beer review but I'm not a professional beer reviewer.

1.25/5  rDev -43.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

2.15/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Had this one out the bottle, it had a very malty smell. The taste was pretty watery but the malt was there and a slight hint of hops. The feel wasn't too good, it had a fruity/watery after taste.

2.77/5  rDev +24.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

1.7/5  rDev -23.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

2.17/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

2.99/5  rDev +34.1%

2.2/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.27/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

Well if nothing else this appearance is a nice amber appearance. Even the aroma doesn't lead one to conclude this is a compromised non alcoholic beer, it smells of slightly toasted caramel red malt notes.

Taste and mouthfeel show that what may have been misconstrued as a significant amount of malt is just really a coloring approach. They got the color there but not the heft. Did they wash away the taste a little bit when they released the hounds on the alcohol to run it out the yard? I dunno. A better question might be why I am even drinking this in the first place if we wanna get all contemplative on this one. The sweetness is there.

Takes on that feeling like the sweetness is similar to an AAL lager yeast. I'd rather just look and smell this beer. Did I mention the hopping? Its respectable in a noble hop and cascade long boil kind of way for an Inbev product, but will never be described as hoppy. Just a culmination of the carbonation and hops.

O'Doul's Amber brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 0.05% This brew pours out a deep brown amber color with a small white head. This non alcoholic brew has a real nice inviting look to it. The smell of O'Doul's Amber is rich with roasted grians and malts. You pick up a faint hit of hops in the smell of this brew. So far so good. Now for the taste of O'Doul's Amber, it is rich with flavors. You first pick up on roasted grians and malts, then a nice smoothness. No it is light and watery witch is to be expected. However this is a fine drinking brew. This is a non alcoholic brew that has flavor. The mouth feel of O'Doul's Amber is rich , light , clean and refreshing. Overall I'm giving O'Doul's Amber a soild 4 out of 5. I would buy this brew again. Anheuser-Busch, did a real nice job with this non alcoholic brew. I would buy this non alcoholic brew again.
This is one of the better non alcoholic brews on the market.

2.46/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

3.25/5  rDev +45.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

1.5/5  rDev -32.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured from a twist-top 12 ounce bottle with a Julian date of 15232 into a tulip.

Look: Creates about a one-finger, white head, which dissipates immediately, leaving no lacing. The color is light tan/orange. I wouldn't call it amber. It's almost the color of apple juice, which, ironically, is what it smells like, at first.

Smell: The apple smell gives way to a stale grain odor, I can't quite identify. Decidedly fruity smell, but not pleasant.

Mouthfeel: Much less carbonation than I expected. A very slight oily feel.

Taste: Actually, the taste follows the nose. It kinda tastes like apple juice and stale grains. I expected a typical amber AAL taste and smell but I'm not really getting it. Much fruitier than I expected. And it should be noted, the alcohol is hidden very well. It drinks more like a 0.25% than the 0.5% it is.

Overall: Tastes nothing like any beer I've ever had. Tastes nothing like beer, really. I'm not going to finish it.

2.92/5  rDev +30.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

4.62/5  rDev +107.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.65/5  rDev +63.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.37/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

This was the first NA I tried, and I wasn't super disappointed at first, but after having a few over the course of about a week, I got tired of them and really kind of thought "I'm never getting this again" However, from the first one, it poured pretty well, a few fingers tall. It had a nice aroma, kind of sweetish taste. Overall, my first experience, despite what I said, wasn't a horrible one.

1.4/5  rDev -37.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

2.47/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.25/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

1.35/5  rDev -39.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1

3.18/5  rDev +42.6%

A non-skunky non-alcoholic beer. Personally my favorite and most realistic tasting NA beer around and cheaper than most.

O'Doul's Amber from Anheuser-Busch