Michelob Ultra Dragon Fruit Peach | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Michelob ULTRA Dragon Fruit Peach has a slightly sweet combination of exotic island fruit and hints of tree-ripened peaches.

Added by travduke on 04-09-2010

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | nextlast
2.56/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Like the hippies of yore, I will try anything once.

The fizziness of both the pour and the head reminded me of soda pop. Color was a light, pale yellow with NE-quality clarity. I have micturated darker than this! Nose was peachy all right, but I do not know what the dragon fruit was supposed to add to the equation. Mouthfeel was thin and watery and the flavor reminded me of peach ice cream. Finish was semi-sweet, kind of refreshing on a humid day. This was an interesting curiosity for me and not much more. It was better than some of the bland nothings that I have tried in this line and the fact that it was refreshing was a bonus.

3.09/5  rDev +43.1%

From the 12 fl. oz. twist-off with a marking of 1167-2910629A. Sampled on March 9, 2013.

Remember to rate it on style not on reputation.

It poured pale yellow with a quick excited burst of fizzy carbonation leading to a head that fizzles quickly. So place it at average.

The aroma is full of peach esters like announced but there is a vague bready and clean hop note lingering behind it all. So a little above average.

The body is light with a slight acidity probably due to the peach zing. So a tad above average.

The taste is peached up to the max at first but there is an odd sort of lingering finish which could be due to the hops or the fruit. I will put it at average.

There are a bunch of these Michelob Ultra fruit beers out there and this one is slightly more appealing than the others I have had. But it is still a hot summer day kind of beer.

3.41/5  rDev +57.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

I picked up a bottle of this and shared with my wife, enjoyed chilled a goblet.

the color is pale golden with thin band of white beads and moderately fast moving carbonation. The smell is very sweet and peachy with a light tropical candy odor which I suppose is dragonfruit-esque but the aroma is more fuzzy navel smelling in general. Light feel, ultra light fizzy and seltzer-like.

The flavor is similar to the scent with some tangy fruitiness and sweet essence with mild tropical juice like cooler quality with mild spritzer-like taste in comparision to other fruit lagers I guess. Overall not terrible especially if you are rating it for what it is and not a simple light lager. I would probably not buy this but it certainly fits the label and was not dissapointing when paired with sushi and wasabi. I would say poor if you are looking for a true beer, but not bad if you want a malternative.

1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

2.75/5  rDev +27.3%

3.03/5  rDev +40.3%

1.42/5  rDev -34.3%

Pours out pretty yellow as most Michelob beers do.

The aroma is slightly grainy with hints of dragonfruit and a sick sweet kind of smell.

The taste is extremely light, but has a very slight hint of dragonfruit and grains to give it some flavor. A bit fuller than the regular stuff.

Not the worst Michelob product, but that's not saying much. It' not too, too bad for a cheap beer.

1.75/5  rDev -19%

1.75/5  rDev -19%

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%

2.32/5  rDev +7.4%

Poured into a pint glass.

It's goldish yellow with a foamy white head that is not long for this earth. This beer is almost supernaturally clear.

It smells peachy. No hops, not sure what I should be looking for with regard to dragonfruit.

It tastes of peaches and is pretty dry when it comes to sweetness. Much like a soda.

The body and carbonation are also bith like a soda.

Overall, no thanks. But I did like the Lime Cactus Ultra one the best.

2.17/5  rDev +0.5%

Pours a very light and clear straw color with a Tony head that completely disappears within seconds.

Smells like a peach snow cone. Very artificial, no traces of malt or any beer-like smell at all. This would be great for a kids fruit drink, but not a beer.

Tastes like sparkling peach flavored water. Very thin and fruity, nothing else going on really. Has a tangy aftertaste that leaves a bad linger on the back end. Mouthfeel is decent.

Overall, this is not a beer. This is something that my wife would drink if she couldnt have fruity liquor drinks. Definitely a chick beer.

1.82/5  rDev -15.7%

Got this in the Michelob Ultra variety pack. I have to say the concept of the fruit flavored Michelob Ultras does somewhat intrigue me. I knew that I was pretty much getting a product not intended for real beer drinkers, but the combinations of fruit used in these beers sounded interesting to me and I wanted to see if they could be somewhat successfully incorporated into a beer.

This brew pours a bright yellow color with a little more than a fingers worth of foam which lasts for a little under a minute. I am not too familiar with dragon fruit, so I don't really know if I detected any of it in the taste or smell, but to me the smell was pure peach, and an extremely sweet peach smell at that. The mouthfeel was the typical Mich Ultra mouthfeel, that being thin, ultra-fizzy, and very reminiscent of seltzer. The flavor was dominated by the peach flavor and had almost no real beer flavor to it, but the flavor was not as strong as the aroma would lead you to believe. There was a minute amount of dryness in the finish. The aftertaste had a light continuation of the peach flavors and was overall clean, and the beer has no alcoholic warmth.

It is hard to consider this a beer, as it really does taste like seltzer water with peach flavoring. And yes, the box really does say "contains alcohol." If this was a blind taste test I would have never guessed this was a beer. It really wasn't offensive in any way, but if sweet stuff isn't your cup of tea, I would definitely avoid this.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | nextlast