Budweiser 66 | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by BlackHaddock on 11-21-2010

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 13
1.8/5  rDev +25.9%

A 300ml clear glass bottle with a BB of March 2013. The label states that it is brewed in the UK, and describes it as lightly carbonated with a smooth, easy taste. Sounds like bollocks to me.

Poured into a straight pint glass. A clear pale straw colour with light carbonation. A hard pour results in a large head of white foam that disappears rapidly. Aroma of almost nothing; initially some faint malt and little else. As it warms, unwelcome hints of stewed corn and sulphur appear. Gross.

Tastes of ultra-light malt with a faint sweetness. No hops or bitterness whatsoever. This could well be the most flavourless beer I've ever tried. Mouthfeel is thin and watery, with a mild tingly dryness. No body - could pass as mineral water. A weak aftertaste of stewed veg.

Crap. This has to be the blandest, most characterless brew ever to pass my lips. Almost no taste, a weak and unpleasant aroma, and no body or depth. Just bad on every level. Avoid at all costs!

1.22/5  rDev -14.7%

A - Very pale yellow with absolutely no head at all. A couple of tiny bubbles rising to the surface too but not many.

S - Hardly any smell at all, mainly a very faint sweet smell but bland for the most part.

T - Very bland again for the most part although it finishes with a sugary, sweet kind of taste.

M - Very light bodied & smooth going down with very little carbonation.

D - This beer has absolutely no taste other than a very faint, sugar like finish & the fact that there was no head at all when I poured it suggests it should be avoided. It tastes so much like water than I wouldn't even call it beer.

More reviews at:

1.09/5  rDev -23.8%

This beer is brewed for the UK market only (I am lead to believe), God knows where it is actually produced.

Clear 300ml bottle, the cap already promised to a BA in the US. 'jermsumm' gets it in my next package.

The brew number is a special one, it means something to a lot of British people, which is obviously why Bud choose 66.

When a Brit hears the number 66 it reminds him of different things, depending on age and education. 1066 The Battle of Hastings, where we defeated an invading French army: 1666 The Great Fire of London, 1966 When England won the football World Cup for the first and only time, or the iconic Route 66 from Chicago to LA: However, a number between 65 and 67 is what it'll mean to most who buy this beer (if they can count that high).

I poured the beer into a Hoegaarden Crand Cru stemmed tulip glass to give it some class (this failed to have the desired effect).

It looked like a regular lager/pilsner/helles, golden clear, clean and bright. The white head leaving before it had fully arrived, a trait I hate.

You'll not be suprised to hear the beer had very little aroma or taste, in fact it reminded me of fizzy water such was its characterless, gassy, flavourless make-up. Perhaps I'm being unkind here, hey, no I'm not, this beer is terrible to the core (if it had a core to be terrible too).

There was a mini hint of sweetness from something, but I couldn't detect any hop, malt or yeast involvement what-so-ever it this so called brew. Most likely the worst beer I've ever reviewed since joining this site.

My son-in-law bought me this on his first anniversary of his marriage to my daughter, can't wait for next years treat!

Budweiser 66 from Anheuser-Busch