Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

View: Beers
Ratings: 6,435 |  Reviews: 1,746

I NEVER drink this but had one today leftover from some friends. Not bad at all, holds a decent white head, and refreshing on a Sunday afternoon. Probably won't be buying it, but wouldn't turn one down. Better than most other American mainstream beer, and better than 1/2 the myriad of craft beers that are springing up with fancy a$$ names LOL.

3.93/5  rDev +66.5%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.75/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.74/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

2.53/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.79/5  rDev +18.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.91/5  rDev +65.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

2.63/5  rDev +11.4%

1.93/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

2.2/5  rDev -6.8%

What is there to hate about this beer? What is there to love about this beer? The answer to both these questions is nothing. Painfully average at best.

2.35/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.96/5  rDev +25.4%

Budweiser: It's fine.

Moderate bitterness with a sweet finish, a perfectly serviceable thirst quencher.

3.53/5  rDev +49.6%

How ironic my first review is Budweiser! For 20 years I've consumed almost nothing but craft beer and traditional imports - most notably Belgians, but also plenty of English porters/stouts and other dark, rich, endlessly satisfying more costly selections. What inspired me to review Budweiser was my weekend with friends and NO access to the beers I was accustomed to. There was plenty of everything you see on TV: Bud Light, Miller Light, Michelob Ultra. And since this was a *sophisticated* group, one cooler of Corona! (sorry for the sarcasm). I really didn't want to partake of any of those, so I drove to the local mart and grabbed a 12 pack of Budweiser in 12oz bottles. I soaked them in a cooler full of slushy ice for about 3 hours, and as we began preparing dinner I popped open my first Budweiser in a quarter century. As the glass tipped and the yellow/golden-clear American classic crept up the glass toward my mouth I sort of braced myself, reflecting on all the Cinq Cents, Corsendonk Pale, Westmalle Tripel, and Founders Oatmeal Breakfast Stouts that had conditioned my palette in 2018. Is this going to suck? Will I have to drink horse pi$$ all weekend?

As that ice-cold, crisp, rise-based nectar hit home my first impression was..."WOW!! That is GOOOD!!" and then I waited on the "bad"...the *something* that I was certain would arrive and justify and clarify all the hatred and derision this beer has attracted among my craft-beer-addicted buddies. There *had* to be a reason my friends snubbed their noses and chuckled as they passed the Anheuser-Busch section in our favorite beer stores. "I'm ready for it," I decided. But....the *bad* never showed up! This $.80 beer finished with the same clean, crisp (damn...now I sound like a beer commercial), refreshing, and TASTY character it started with! As I finished that sample, then another...I could reach no other conclusion than I was drinking a DAMN GOOD beer! No, it's not "complex." It's not "rich." There are no "notes of pine" or "hints of orange peel" or "texture of fine Swiss chocolate" or "subtle aroma of peat or almonds." None of that whatsoever.

What there is, though, is gobs of good, clean beer flavor without any lingering aftertaste. Recently I heard a craft beer aficionado refer to Budweiser as an "example of the watery crap Americans want these days" - embarrassingly unaware that Budweiser was formulated in the 1870s. I'm not saying they got everything right. But they got very few things wrong. And for my $.80 Budweiser is an absolute slam dunk!

1.8/5  rDev -23.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.21/5  rDev -48.7%

Good all around beer for the money. What can I say its Budweiser "King of Beers"

2.25/5  rDev -4.7%

2.51/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

1.98/5  rDev -16.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

2.46/5  rDev +4.2%

2.22/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

For an AAL beer, this is the king of beers. Nice smell, a great taste, and a nice, clean finish with no weird aftertaste like High Life or PBR. Bud has a stronger flavor, not near as watery as a light beer, but still light enough to be a great session beer. Just picked up a 12 pack for $9, so a decent price for a quality beer. Ignore the stuck up beer snobs and grab yourself a Bud!

2.96/5  rDev +25.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Today I hit that strange milestone in life and had my first, plain old budweiser. It was exactly what I expected, a beer. Tasted and smelled like its ingredients, surprisingly more hops came through than I imagined(I imagined zero) and felt super refreshing on a warm summer night, even if it was the closest thing to wateri've had in a beer since Bud Light. I'd never pick it normally, but if offered I'd happily crush a few.

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch