Budweiser

Gots
SCORE
Awful
BudweiserBudweiser
Notes: Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
View: Beers
Reviews: 1,853 | Ratings: 6,823 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Pipeknight81

1.32/5  rDev -43.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Bud....a headache in a bottle. One of a few beers that I had, when I was in my 20s and didn't know any better. Tastes like boiled rice that's been left out for a few days. Mouthfeel felt like wet sandpaper. Looks and smells like bunny pee.

Nov 19, 2021
Scott_45 from Ohio

3.3/5  rDev +41%

Budweiser is my favorite mass produced lager. The taste is palpable, which is the reason the slogan is “king of beers.” I enjoy craft lagers better, but Bud beats malt liquor any day.

Nov 18, 2021
DannyProuty

It's a 10/10 for its place in the world. Is it as tasty as a delicious NEIPA? No. Does it get me bent up as quickly as a 12% porter? No. For its place in the world tho its as good as it gets. A great session beer at affordable price that you can share and share and share without getting bitter. Goes great with lime and salt and when the circumstances call for it...no brainer all day fantastic beer. We don't live in a vacuum folks...

Oct 25, 2021
hankp59 from New York

2.44/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This is different from bud of memory. A light American lager. Crisp and dry, this is a bit sweeter than I remember, 20 some odd years later. Light bubbles easy drinking and good for the style. This is a warm day drinking beer. Nuff said.

Sep 06, 2021
drdiesel9483 from Ohio

2.28/5  rDev -2.6%

Look - clear golden with a white head
Smell - grainy corn slight citrus
Taste - pretty much like the smell of the beer, grainy corn slight citrus
Feel - Light body with a medium carbonation
Overall - Just not a fan

Aug 30, 2021
Ant777uk from England

1.81/5  rDev -22.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Had this loads of times, especially when younger...time for a review!

Mega pale, ok head...light ricey malty aroma...

Quite sweet, not much in the way of hops. It has beechwood aging apparently. The rice gives it quite a light crispness that makes it easy to drink fast. A bit on the sweet side, needs more hops and more beechwood ageing as I can't actually taste it ; ) An easy drinking beer that is great for beer newcomers, but nothing special ; )

Aug 23, 2021
Oeneophile1103

King of Beers? I think not, this tastes like oxidized rice wine sweetened with high fructose corn syrup. I can't believe I used to drink this in college! Even by macrobrew standards this is downright miserable.

Aug 22, 2021
Tony787 from Canada (ON)

2.64/5  rDev +12.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

i bought a can at the lcbo in Ontario 473ml at 5%.
on my can its brewed by labbats Brewery in Canada the one I drank
poured a 1finger head into glass that quickly went away leaving
almost no lace .
good carbonation with a low bitterness
taste is malted plain taste .
my beer looked flat half way .
overall an ok average beer .
cheers

Aug 17, 2021
BroBobby70 from Texas

2.67/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

16 oz. Can poured into glass mug
Look: 2 finger head, which disappeared quickly, light golden color, good carbonation, no lacing
Smell: Pleasant mild aroma, hints of pear
Taste: Mild malt taste, watered down
Feel: Good carbonation, a tongue tingler, almost like a soda.
Overall: Average, not memorable either good or bad. Probably good with heavier food where the beer doesn't really matter or if you need something cold and fizzy amd don't want heavy after taste.

Jul 17, 2021
lagrluvr

if you get hot and thirsty enough to almost die, maybe this will be good enough to get you to the next place that will hopefully have better beer selection.

Jul 02, 2021
aficionado224 from Ohio

3.59/5  rDev +53.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

There are so many beers so much better than America's factory beers that snobs keep knocking those established brands but even though I prefer so many more of the superbly crafted ones I will have a BMC and if I am somewhere that offers only Bud I will consume that and it isn't so terrible that I need to refuse it because it isn't terrible. It's actually very decent and not offensive in any respect.

Jun 26, 2021
Mdog from Minnesota

2.67/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

From a 16oz can:

Appearance: Clear yellow, ok head.

Smell: Grain, very mild.

Taste: Mild fruitiness, grain sweetness. Light but not too light.

Overall: Finally getting around to reviewing "the king of beers". Budweiser is not too bad, definitely a step up from Bud Light. Decent flavor and drinkability. I swear I could taste the beechwood aging at one point but not in this 6 pack.

Jun 26, 2021
Killgora

2.06/5  rDev -12%

Not as bad as bud light, but still bad. Has that moldy bread taste, not not as strong. Speaking of strong this beer certainly isn't strong in flavor. I like plain wheat beers, heck even some cheap ones, but this is just so weak it has no right calling itself the self proclaimed King of Beers. When Europeans and other foreigners thing of American beers they probably think of this, and I get why they say our beer is weak. They obviously haven't tired a good craft brew, or even at least a Blue Moon or something. Every time I drink ones of these, which only happens when it's offered to me and there are no other options, I remember how bad it is.

Jun 07, 2021
md3kcn from North Carolina

1.35/5  rDev -42.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Purchased as a tall boy from Shell for $1.99. Poured into a pils glass.

L - Goldenrod with a thin, barely one-finger bright white head that fizzles out very quickly.
S - Corn flakes, wet hay, and an extremely faint hint at a floral note.
T - Taste follows nose perfectly, with the exception of a slight metallic flavor that I'll blame on the can. On the sweeter side.
F - Fuller in body than Bud Light, which isn't exactly saying much. Refreshing, and well-carbonated.
O - You know how in TV shows and movies when a character walks into a bar, sits down, and orders a beer? I figure this is what they ordered. For what the beer is, it isn't offensive. Overall within the style, it's one of the more terrible beers I've had. It's refreshing and isn't filling. It's a little sweeter than other macros in the style. Probably won't buy it again, but I'd drink it again.

May 26, 2021
T-total

2.08/5  rDev -11.1%

session beer that gets you buzzed and rarely leaves a hangover. Price is relatively cheap.
Good for it's lane.
If you are pouring it into a glass for lacing or head, or doing a bunch of mouth-feel stuff, you've missed the point. It's not bad for two or three, then you have a nice buzz. Eating some food and snacks and water and go to bed.

May 17, 2021
Sigmund from Norway

It IS better than water - but not much...................................... I actually once bought TWO bottles of Budweiser, at the Maritime Museum in Aberdeen, Scotland (of all places) - you'd think they would stock traditional Scottish ales, but no. I was very thirsty after a brisk walk, and the Budweiser was wet and cold, and did the trick. That's the best thing I can say about it.

Apr 30, 2021
BerkeleyBeerSleuth from California

2.51/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Straw yellow, thin, see three fizzy yellow water. Aroma is adjunct grain very little hops. Hint of lemon and pear. Cardboard smell. Taste isn't as awful as one would expect. This is mainly just a palate cleanser to wash down food. Body is very thin and the aftertaste is gross. I really can't believe I used to like this stuff.

Apr 30, 2021
skatenula from Ohio

2.33/5  rDev -0.4%

Just imagine the perfect beer: perfect golden color, with an inch of dense, white foam. The smell overpowers your senses like a middle school boy’s locker room. The taste, Christ almighty the taste... so intensely delicious it brings you to the brink of climax, and another sip will put you over. The mouth feel, akin to the finest Mulberry silk woven by an 89 year old Chinese man who would murder anyone who spoke ill of his work.

Budweiser is the complete opposite of that. Looks, tastes, smells like THC-infused cow piss.

Apr 12, 2021
NATTYFATTY from New York

3.68/5  rDev +57.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I recently purchased one of these that come in an all aluminium bottle, which is pretty interesting and unique for Budweiser and Bud Light. I'm sure other companies have done the same but these are the only big companies that still do it that I know of.

As for the beer, it tastes like a standard American style beer with a little extra zip of intense carbonation at the end. The type of carbonation you'd get from a can of Pepsi. I must say that it tastes the best of all the mass produced American style beers on the market that I've tried so far.

Worth buying one to relax with after a hard days work. I guess that's what they were going for.

Apr 11, 2021
LeBron_James from Canada (ON)

1.35/5  rDev -42.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

One of the high school beers.
Pours clear straw yellow. Small, suspiciously symmetrical, white head. No lacing on the glass.
I can't smell any malt character on this except maybe a very very faint dough note maybe from yeast.
I can see why this is meant to be served ice cold. The flavour profile is extremely faint and light flavour. There's a very basic light bready malt character and some yeast but I have no idea what they mean by hops because I don't notice any whatsoever. Taste is very very poor. No complexity here and it isn't balanced in terms of sweetness. Way too sweet and nothing that justifies it.
The mouthfeel is extremely light and way way overcarbonanated. Unpleasant.

I never want to come off as bashy on here but wow this one's really bad. Among the 10 or so common beers from high school there were two that had some qualities going for them, being Guinness and Grolsch, but Budweiser is just very watery. There are some beers that are worth $20 per bottle but this is one of those that I can easily say isn't worth $0.30 per bottle. "It tastes like how sadness feels" is a very accurate summary.

Mar 11, 2021
Poops from Minnesota

3.5/5  rDev +49.6%

Great, classic American lager. Compared to Miller High Life, I just slightly prefer Budweiser as it seems just a touch smoother to me. Clean, crisp, refreshing and a touch of sweetness and bread.
As a side, been drinking lots of different craft beers for years now and, somehow, I've settled on American lager as my go-to, and not just for pricing. I just never tire of the subtle sweetness and breadiness, and I respect a beer for using a simple recipe.

Feb 28, 2021
LucaDiCriscio from Pennsylvania

3.22/5  rDev +37.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Very rich tasting beer. Though I'm a staunch hater of Bud Lite this is very different from that. The flavor is not that respectable, but what I do like is the feel. The carbonation is a high point for this beer and it doesn't taste watered down like other fine beers.

Feb 17, 2021
JohnniEMc from Pennsylvania

look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

Time to check in with "The King" and see what's doing. Two 12 oz. cans are emptied into a clear glass liter mug to reveal a near translucent golden amber liquid. There's virtually no head nor glass lacing. There is a light aroma of beer, a little combination of malt, hops and yeast. It's a sweet tasting beverage with very little body and a wee slight hint at hops at the finish. The visit will be made again only under the most desperate conditions.

Feb 16, 2021
HopMaester from Canada (ON)

A King of beers
Sessionable
Uncomplicated
Unpretentious

Days when you want to drink 6 pack Tall cans, this is your buddy with limited bloating and no hangovers

Jan 31, 2021
Bilch from California

3.11/5  rDev +32.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

From a 12 oz can into a 16 oz mason jar

look: a crystal clear medium light amber, any head recedes quickly, with no lacing

smell:slight corn slight hops

taste: Light, watery, trace of hop, trace of cereals and grains. a little banana sometimes.

Feel: a medium, slightly pronounced carbonation. light, but with body. After 2, 12 oz you are nicely buzzed.

overall: I think that this is a very nice beer. You can enjoy its light freshness, without being overpowered. It is a classic beer, that is easy to bash, but it is actually my other go to beer, if I want something lighter than a voodoo imperial ipa.

Jan 31, 2021