Budweiser

Gots
SCORE
Awful
BudweiserBudweiser
Notes: Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
View: Beers
Reviews: 1,812 | Ratings: 6,704 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
dava1893 from Colombia

3.72/5  rDev +59%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: golden, light and bright color, white foam, creamy appearance, quite a lot of effervescence is observed.
Smell: herbal aroma, somewhat fruity.
Flavor: low body, somewhat watery, with an aftertaste that is not bitter and passes easily.

Today at 02:16 AM
JustinTheJuice from Wisconsin

3.14/5  rDev +34.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.25

I've drank more Budweiser's than any other beer, but as I dive more and more into craft beers, this beer I used to love tastes more like beer flavored water.

Yesterday at 05:08 AM
SearsGiftCard from California

3.3/5  rDev +41%

It's really not that bad, people. I haven't had a macro in a long time, let alone a Bud. But for the 4th of July, I suddenly felt like one for no reason at all. And to be honest... it's one of the better macros I've had so far (nothing beats Miller High Life). If I were to describe the flavor, think of the most generic beer you've ever had. Like, the flavor that comes to mind when you think the word "beer". Chances are, it's this one... no? Just me? I see. Well, to me, this beer in neither bad, nor top-of-the-line. it's just "good". Nothing I'd turn down at a get-together, nothing I'd willingly order at a restaurant, either (Unless I'm in a rare macro mood, and even then, probably not). It's just "good" and nothing more. Another beer I can say is just "there".

Sunday at 06:11 AM
WDMGuy1960 from Iowa

1.76/5  rDev -24.8%

I always laughed at their born on dating to avoid skunky beer. How would you ever tell with Budweiser. The worst mass marketing beer...well Bud Light and Busch come close...

Jun 08, 2020
1009 from Massachusetts

2.4/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Lord Bud of the House Weiser, first of his name.. the King of Beers! It was only fitting that we took a deep dive into this American staple on Memorial Day. But seriously, what can I say? We’re all too familiar with the plain American lager — gold in color, taste that follows that of malt, barley and some hops; heavily carbonated yet easy to drink — in fact, incredibly easy to drink. The mouthfeel is smooth and inoffensive, and that along with the 5% ABV is what sets it apart from the Buds, Coors, Millers, and Buschs of the world. However, do NOT let it get cold or go flat, because the good times stop right there. Here at 1009, we respect both quality AND status ; is Budweiser the most delicious lager out there? Absolutely not. Will it get your party rocking, from the grungiest frat basements of Allston to the those aboard your uncle’s half million $ yacht off the North Shore? You bet your ass. If you’re out for a good time or just a reliable afternoon refresher, Budweiser is there for you: off the tap, out the can, bottle or keg.

May 25, 2020
joebrazil3 from Illinois

2.73/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Oh, really, is it actually awful? I don't buy it, but I have different beers for Vegas vacations, I chose Bud once, and I was impressed. Light, smooth, and it's quite clear that they use rice as their grain. Bud is always what it is, and that's important, bcause other brands let me down from time to time. Furthermore, most of my neighbors are Mexican-American, and this is their beer of choice. So, at their parties, I boogie down with the brass and drums and drink their favorite. I would love to rock their world with some Hamm's or Old Milwaukee (or even Tecate, which I sort of believe is the Budweiser of Mexico?). But let's be nice. It is hard to maintian the same taste across multiple locations, even harder to maintain dominance of most cities in the USA (though I live outside the one city where Miller products outsell ImBev--Chicago.) That's not awful. It's stodgy, or it's bland, but it's not awful.

May 23, 2020
odannyob from Colorado

3.27/5  rDev +39.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

An American Standard, fer shure. I am having a nice, ice cold Bud from a red & white16 ounce aluminum bottle adorned w/ dark blue lettering and my goodness, w/Memorial Day up on us, I raise a frosty bottle up towards the sky and sigh, Budweiser, King o'de'Beers.
Just don't let it get too warm.

May 20, 2020
LampertLand from Canada

2.68/5  rDev +14.5%

Anheuser-Busch 'Budweiser' @ 5.0% , served on tap , from a bottle & of course from a can
A-pour is a pale yellow gold to a pale gold in the glass with a large white head leaving a frothy spotty lace along the pint/stein/
S-rice water lager
T-a rice water lager where malt is the standout in taste
MF-mild carbonation , medium body
Ov-not as good as the commercial's say it is
prost LampertLand

May 17, 2020
jwp777 from Oklahoma

2.17/5  rDev -7.3%

I have had this many times but this review is from a 24 oz can.

Pours a transparent straw color. Small white head did not last long. I gave it 1.5 instead of a 1 because the visible carbonation bubbles are fun to watch.

Smell is watery, but a little bit of bread and malt detectable.

Taste follows the nose, but isn’t as watery as it smells. Malt, barley, some hops. Pretty boring but not terrible.

If there is one redeeming quality of this beer, it’s the mouthfeel. High carbonation, light body, easy to drink.

Overall - if offered/available at a barbecue or wedding or whatever on a hot summer day, I will take it. If I have to spend my own money, I’ll go another direction.

May 08, 2020
Machete824 from Ohio

3.41/5  rDev +45.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.5

Yes, it’s a macro-brew, but that shouldn’t be the end of a review. The appearance is a nice straw yellow. White head that quickly dissipated. Smell is lots of bready malt. An odd sweetness characterizes the flavor - unexpectedly. It’s hard to describe. Almost a cloying, sugary, flavor. No hops to note. Mouthfeel is great - decent carbonation and light on the palate. Overall - nice lawnmower, baseball beer. Nothing to write home about. But good hot weather drinkable lager.

May 03, 2020
MarkCairns99 from Northern Ireland

1.63/5  rDev -30.3%

What is in this beer that gives me such a banging sore head? It’ll get you drunk eventually and it’s the colour of lager, best I can say about it unfortunately.

Apr 25, 2020
Adela96cze from Czech Republic

Absolutely grim .. disgusting ... and stop stealing names ( Budweiser was a cZech beer ) . The Czech version is much much better especially in cZech as they know how to serve it who drinks beer from a bottle anyway ???? Don’t forget to go to Oktoberfest people ;)

Mar 26, 2020
Chris-547 from Michigan

3.33/5  rDev +42.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Even with the rising popularity of IPAs and the general disliking for mainstream macrobrews, sometimes it's nice to sit back and have a crisp, refreshing lager that goes great at a barbecue, on the porch, or hanging out with friends. It's got a stronger flavor than most cheap American beers, and even though there is little hops flavors coming through, the nice carbonation and malt/wheat flavor, it is a solid choice for a simple beer with friends, and is my personal favorite "cheap beer"

Mar 14, 2020
hophead723 from California

2.9/5  rDev +23.9%

I got a tall can of this at a Beverly Hills Rite Aid because I couldn't afford the Sapporo. I hope it's drinkable...Poured into my special Samuel Smith glass, which I could wager is the first time a Budweiser has been poured into a Samuel Smith glass (lol).

Look: Very light straw yellow, perfectly clear with a swirling tornado of carbonation erupting from the nucleation sites. The silky smooth and snow white head lingers impressively and leaves delicate slight lacing down the glass. The head does reduce to a thin veil but I was impressed by how smooth and present it was.

Smell: White bread, biscuit dough, light apple fruitiness, and toasted rice are present in the surprisingly pleasant aroma. Overall it reminds me of white bread dough and apples.

Taste: White bread, biscuit dough, light apple fruitiness, cracked grain, and cooked white rice are present on the tongue with a slightly astringent finish. No off-flavors and it even has that lovely lingering grainy flavor I look for in many beers, where it tastes like sunlight hitting barley. The finish is refreshing and light. I can't believe how much I like this stuff.

Overall: I am amazed. I thought this was supposed to be shitty! I will likely buy this again! I truly am impressed with how good this is. I am now wondering why so many people drink it, why not just get a nice Dortmunder or a well-brewed Pilsner? Maybe they don't know true quality or something. So yeah it's drinkable and pretty good but I still have a problem with any actual fan of this stuff seeing as Anheuser-Busch has marketed this beer to be anti-"beer snobs" which seems to be an attempt of theirs to further burn bridges between the actual beer community and the morons that drink this stuff. No matter how good it is, nobody can deny that only trashy people buy this stuff regularly. Its like a rebellion against quality, and I am NOT ok with that.

Mar 04, 2020
realJohnnyHobo from Maryland

3.38/5  rDev +44.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A classic adjunct lager that has since revolutionized the beer world. No other product is really as well known from America as AB-InBev's Budweiser beer. One thing to note about this beer is that Budweiser has always used rice adjuncts in its brewing. The earliest advertisements even showed that the use of rice as an adjunct produced a superior product made for any time drinking, a more expensive product. Nearly 140 years later we're still seeing advertisements going after corn syrup and corn adjuncts - if you ever speak to someone and they say they're used to drink 'Budweiser' before they changed it to rice this person doesn't know a damn thing about the brand of beer and I wouldn't trust their opinion. I am not paid to review this product and this is merely a review based on the merit of this beer in the American Adjunct Lager style.

Pours a mildly aggressively carbonated straw yellow, with a 2 finger white averagely dissipating head. A clear carbonation rollover is seen in the middle and sides with nearly transparent white lacing.

Upon smelling, you're met with a boiled grain smell, primarily of barley grain.

The flavor is sweet, smooth grain, with an unoffensive malt. A hop character is there, though it is hidden in the rear of the flavors, you're mainly met with a mix of barely between 2 - 6 row - likely a noble blended hop with low alpha acidity. The beechwood aging is nearly transparent, which is a good thing because I believe there would be a tainted flavor with aging in a more 'flavorful' wood; though, I am sure they use it to speed up the brewing process.

The mouthfeel is medium-bodied, refreshingly clean, a tad sweetness lingers but I do get a boiled rice taste that isn't entirely offensive but noticeable.

Solid beer, great flavoring, some people may be turned off by the rice adjunct though polished and milled rice actually costs more than brewers syrup.

Mar 01, 2020
Singlefinpin from North Carolina

The king of beers.
Appearance golden yellow with a nice head.
Smells like corn
Taste follows the nose.
Mouth feel is medium light
Overall, I'll probably end up drinking one these, free, again.

Feb 22, 2020
Danzifer from Ohio

2.63/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pretty much the standard here in the United States. You can find this stuff at about any store, gas station, ball game, barbecue or event across the nation without having to look for it. There's nothing particularly special about it except it's cheap cost and availability. I'm more of a quality over quantity drinker but every once in a while I'll slam a 12 or 18 case and be pissing out of my ass the next day. This Bud's for you.

Feb 11, 2020
timon from California

1.86/5  rDev -20.5%

This is just absolute trash. I only consider it to even be beer out of principle. It has the flavor of...cat piss? I don't know, something like that. Looks like....cat piss? Ya, pretty much. It will get you drunk, though, but the price is WAAAY too much for what it is. Just get a 40oz. They don't spend so much on ads that they need to charge more than it's worth.

Feb 03, 2020
wmscottsimpsonjr from Missouri

3.05/5  rDev +30.3%

Clear straw with one finger head which fades quickly. Light bread with a bit of corn, honey, apple and white grape. Drinkable by default and to a fault. Thin mouthfeel. Balanced like an empty scale.

Feb 03, 2020
Sabtos from Ohio

3.01/5  rDev +28.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I guess it's about time I reviewed the King of Beers.

Appearance is sparkling wedding ring gold with a fuzzy convex off-white to khaki head that dies quickly to nothing, becoming a mead-like visual in the glass overall.

The overwhelming breadiness of this beer used to be so comforting to me, but now I notice more than anything the sweetness. Corn flavors. A touch of white grape. The effervescence.

It's not anywhere near as sweet as the terrible Bud Light, but it's still quite crisp, with a medium-light, smooth silky body that finishes semi-dry, but it's also kind of soda-like.

Obviously, it's easy drinking or no one would give af, but it's also got a little bit of substance to it that makes it relatively worthwhile. Must be the extra calories...

Nov 02, 2019
CoolHandBrian

The kind of beer you drink says a lot about you, and Budweiser is a beer that says you’re a man’s man who’s not afraid to roll up the sleeves and get dirty. Any man worth his salt knows that this is America’s beer, and the beer you drink after working hard outside and cooling off on the deck.

Oct 28, 2019
UristMcBrewer from Florida

2.02/5  rDev -13.7%

This beer has managed to grow to and remain at its currently position is in part because it is not fundamentally bad. But is certainly not fundamentally good either. It is a bright golden color that is very clear. The head does not stay for long. The nose is some malt sweetness with stale bread. The taste is there. Its not particularly strong or good. The flavor falls flat but is not undrinkable. The off flavors can be ignored if your just drinking it will analyzing it for a review (which I don't really think this beer was brewed for anyways). The feel is very watery but there are good levels of carbonation. I do like carbonation. Overall, its Budweiser. Its a cheap beer that is meant to drunk without much thought or notice to the overlooked qualities of the beer.

Oct 20, 2019
Nofoba

2.15/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Poured from a 330ml bottle. It has a bright, clear, golden body, with visible carbonation. Small white head with some lacing.

I smelled really hard and I detected the faintest notes of grain, but for the most part it has no aroma to speak of.

It tastes like mineral water; really watery. But on the plus side it has good carbonation.

I guess it's alright if you don't like taste in your beer.

Oct 20, 2019
DeuilEtoiles from Pennsylvania

1.83/5  rDev -21.8%

Look, for those who enjoy how interesting beer can be, how vastly different flavor profiles emerge from the few ingredients which should ever be in a beverage named beer (water, barely, hops and yeast), and who appreciate these things and more, Budweiser is never an option. Unless one is an alcoholic, willing to consume anything with alcohol in it, Budweiser should never be an option. It’s GM trash and the adjuncts render it not beer by definition. Appeals to tradition regarding Budweiser are simply pathetic and emblematic of the decline of America and her, er, citizens. Mutilation of children is a very old tradition. Are we giving that a 5/5?
All of this said, petit bourgeois fashionable types mocking the ignorant Budweiser drinkers for avoiding overpriced, hop-laden trash is exactly the type of hipster cultural chauvinism that could quite soon result in your being dragged behind a rusting F-150. Probably while Budweiser is being consumed.

Oct 19, 2019
SaltofOH from Ohio

3.97/5  rDev +69.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Can best by 10/26/19. Pilsner glass.

A: pours a brassy gold with two fingers of thick white head and streaming large bubbles. Left rings of lacing down the sides of the glass.

S: beer! A slightly husky, grainy sweetness. Lager yeast. A smell I am familiar with only because I recognize it from having this beer before, but wood. Beechwood to be specific, but oak-aged lagers have the same smell.

T: arrives mild, slightly sweet, turns sweeter and richer on the mid palate with a cereal note. Tastes like corn flakes dusted with hops. On the finish, lager yeast and cereal grains linger, with the faintest hint of hops.

M: thick, rich, and creamy, but surprisingly clean on the finish.

O: This is a mass-produced macro lager. But for what it is, it is outstanding. I have always liked this beer, and it’s a shame I don’t drink it more given how satisfying and easygoing it is. Slightly sweet, rich and refreshing, it is a perfect accompaniment to spicy food. Would buy six for the right occasion.

Oct 13, 2019