Budweiser

Gots
SCORE
Awful
BudweiserBudweiser
Notes: Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
View: Beers
Reviews: 1,842 | Ratings: 6,788 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Killgora

2.06/5  rDev -12%

Not as bad as bud light, but still bad. Has that moldy bread taste, not not as strong. Speaking of strong this beer certainly isn't strong in flavor. I like plain wheat beers, heck even some cheap ones, but this is just so weak it has no right calling itself the self proclaimed King of Beers. When Europeans and other foreigners thing of American beers they probably think of this, and I get why they say our beer is weak. They obviously haven't tired a good craft brew, or even at least a Blue Moon or something. Every time I drink ones of these, which only happens when it's offered to me and there are no other options, I remember how bad it is.

Jun 07, 2021
md3kcn from Ohio

1.35/5  rDev -42.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Purchased as a tall boy from Shell for $1.99. Poured into a pils glass.

L - Goldenrod with a thin, barely one-finger bright white head that fizzles out very quickly.
S - Corn flakes, wet hay, and an extremely faint hint at a floral note.
T - Taste follows nose perfectly, with the exception of a slight metallic flavor that I'll blame on the can. On the sweeter side.
F - Fuller in body than Bud Light, which isn't exactly saying much. Refreshing, and well-carbonated.
O - You know how in TV shows and movies when a character walks into a bar, sits down, and orders a beer? I figure this is what they ordered. For what the beer is, it isn't offensive. Overall within the style, it's one of the more terrible beers I've had. It's refreshing and isn't filling. It's a little sweeter than other macros in the style. Probably won't buy it again, but I'd drink it again.

May 26, 2021
T-total

2.08/5  rDev -11.1%

session beer that gets you buzzed and rarely leaves a hangover. Price is relatively cheap.
Good for it's lane.
If you are pouring it into a glass for lacing or head, or doing a bunch of mouth-feel stuff, you've missed the point. It's not bad for two or three, then you have a nice buzz. Eating some food and snacks and water and go to bed.

May 17, 2021
Sigmund from Norway

It IS better than water - but not much...................................... I actually once bought TWO bottles of Budweiser, at the Maritime Museum in Aberdeen, Scotland (of all places) - you'd think they would stock traditional Scottish ales, but no. I was very thirsty after a brisk walk, and the Budweiser was wet and cold, and did the trick. That's the best thing I can say about it.

Apr 30, 2021
BerkeleyBeerSleuth from California

2.51/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Straw yellow, thin, see three fizzy yellow water. Aroma is adjunct grain very little hops. Hint of lemon and pear. Cardboard smell. Taste isn't as awful as one would expect. This is mainly just a palate cleanser to wash down food. Body is very thin and the aftertaste is gross. I really can't believe I used to like this stuff.

Apr 30, 2021
skatenula from Ohio

2.33/5  rDev -0.4%

Just imagine the perfect beer: perfect golden color, with an inch of dense, white foam. The smell overpowers your senses like a middle school boy’s locker room. The taste, Christ almighty the taste... so intensely delicious it brings you to the brink of climax, and another sip will put you over. The mouth feel, akin to the finest Mulberry silk woven by an 89 year old Chinese man who would murder anyone who spoke ill of his work.

Budweiser is the complete opposite of that. Looks, tastes, smells like THC-infused cow piss.

Apr 12, 2021
NATTYFATTY from New York

3.68/5  rDev +57.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I recently purchased one of these that come in an all aluminium bottle, which is pretty interesting and unique for Budweiser and Bud Light. I'm sure other companies have done the same but these are the only big companies that still do it that I know of.

As for the beer, it tastes like a standard American style beer with a little extra zip of intense carbonation at the end. The type of carbonation you'd get from a can of Pepsi. I must say that it tastes the best of all the mass produced American style beers on the market that I've tried so far.

Worth buying one to relax with after a hard days work. I guess that's what they were going for.

Apr 11, 2021
LeBron_James from Canada (ON)

1.35/5  rDev -42.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

One of the high school beers.
Pours clear straw yellow. Small, suspiciously symmetrical, white head. No lacing on the glass.
I can't smell any malt character on this except maybe a very very faint dough note maybe from yeast.
I can see why this is meant to be served ice cold. The flavour profile is extremely faint and light flavour. There's a very basic light bready malt character and some yeast but I have no idea what they mean by hops because I don't notice any whatsoever. Taste is very very poor. No complexity here and it isn't balanced in terms of sweetness. Way too sweet and nothing that justifies it.
The mouthfeel is extremely light and way way overcarbonanated. Unpleasant.

I never want to come off as bashy on here but wow this one's really bad. Among the 10 or so common beers from high school there were two that had some qualities going for them, being Guinness and Grolsch, but Budweiser is just very watery. There are some beers that are worth $20 per bottle but this is one of those that I can easily say isn't worth $0.30 per bottle. "It tastes like how sadness feels" is a very accurate summary.

Mar 11, 2021
Poops from Minnesota

3.5/5  rDev +49.6%

Great, classic American lager. Compared to Miller High Life, I just slightly prefer Budweiser as it seems just a touch smoother to me. Clean, crisp, refreshing and a touch of sweetness and bread.
As a side, been drinking lots of different craft beers for years now and, somehow, I've settled on American lager as my go-to, and not just for pricing. I just never tire of the subtle sweetness and breadiness, and I respect a beer for using a simple recipe.

Feb 28, 2021
LucaDiCriscio from Pennsylvania

3.22/5  rDev +37.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Very rich tasting beer. Though I'm a staunch hater of Bud Lite this is very different from that. The flavor is not that respectable, but what I do like is the feel. The carbonation is a high point for this beer and it doesn't taste watered down like other fine beers.

Feb 17, 2021
JohnniEMc from Pennsylvania

look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

Time to check in with "The King" and see what's doing. Two 12 oz. cans are emptied into a clear glass liter mug to reveal a near translucent golden amber liquid. There's virtually no head nor glass lacing. There is a light aroma of beer, a little combination of malt, hops and yeast. It's a sweet tasting beverage with very little body and a wee slight hint at hops at the finish. The visit will be made again only under the most desperate conditions.

Feb 16, 2021
HopMaester from Canada (ON)

A King of beers
Sessionable
Uncomplicated
Unpretentious

Days when you want to drink 6 pack Tall cans, this is your buddy with limited bloating and no hangovers

Jan 31, 2021
Bilch from California

3.11/5  rDev +32.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

From a 12 oz can into a 16 oz mason jar

look: a crystal clear medium light amber, any head recedes quickly, with no lacing

smell:slight corn slight hops

taste: Light, watery, trace of hop, trace of cereals and grains. a little banana sometimes.

Feel: a medium, slightly pronounced carbonation. light, but with body. After 2, 12 oz you are nicely buzzed.

overall: I think that this is a very nice beer. You can enjoy its light freshness, without being overpowered. It is a classic beer, that is easy to bash, but it is actually my other go to beer, if I want something lighter than a voodoo imperial ipa.

Jan 31, 2021
robertvmoran from Maine

2.2/5  rDev -6%

Why do people drink Budweiser when there are so many good choices out there? It feels good in the mouth but there’s not much flavor. To the untrained nose, it almost has the aroma of bananas. But I will say it’s easy to drink and goes down well on a hot day.

Jan 18, 2021
Lil_Pete from Missouri

4.16/5  rDev +77.8%

I like IPA's at times. I like Pilsners at times. I like British style pale ales the best probably. I also like lagers. Budweiser is what has become what defines an American lager. It is smooth, no weird bitter after taste and I like its rice taste. It really does have a pleasant hint of beechwood. It is a good beer. I ate a grapefruit while drinking a Budweiser. It was as good as many IPAs.

Dec 27, 2020
hybridnoisebloom from Wisconsin

1.59/5  rDev -32.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 1.75

Look, I'm not gonna lie, this is the worst beer I've had. Notes of nothing in particular, maybe wet cardboard or basement dust. I genuinely don't understand why people drink this. Doesn't even taste like beer to me. No malt, no hops, just musty rice water.

Dec 20, 2020
Itsmodelotime from Wisconsin

3.5/5  rDev +49.6%

Far better than bud light this is a great beer to have while you're watching TV with your buddies after a long week of work. A solid beer with not much flavor, but so what. The slight flavor that is there is decent.

Dec 12, 2020
Tacoma223 from New York

4.21/5  rDev +79.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Not a bad beer that’s mass produced at all, I’ve tried well over 100 beers, and for something that’s mass produced it’s very good, color is a nice light amber, foamy head is nice thickness. The flavor is a sweet corn taste it’s actually very pleasant . There’s a big reason they been around for so long.

Dec 03, 2020
shambeano from Australia

1.78/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

330ml bottle, best before 28 March 2020. Poured into a tulip.
Look: quite clear, very pale gold, about 1m of bubbly head quickly falls to nothing.
Smell: very sweet smelling, genetically berry, a bit of corn, a touch of alcohol.
Taste: much like the smell, sweet, grainy, corny, a touch metallic and a little bit herbal at the end.
Feel: light bodied, bubbly, tingly carbonation. A touch of bitterness near the end (though not much). Dry finish.
Overall: yeah... it’s not good really. It’s drinkable though and could easily smash a few on a hot day.

Oct 23, 2020
Yaroslav from New York

1.23/5  rDev -47.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Growing up Bud met some kind of standard. All American like a Ford Truck. A solid, dependable choice of brew. I used to pick up a six pack of 16 oz cans and be happy and content. Simpler times.

I've moved on to far better brews but every once in awhile I get nostalgic and think that I can get that feeling, experience back again. What I remember is that it is cold (Always a must), biting carbonation and somewhat sweet but otherwise no real taste experience. Good enough. Again, the standard. Take me back.

Every time I do this, I cannot drink more than one, usually less. Was it always this horrible? Really, I am asking. I find it undrinkable and will give the rest away. I cannot find a word that describes the awfulness of this American Standard that led many to move on to other slightly less terrible beers like Pabst. Maybe dank? Wet dog in liquid form? Still trying... A true test of my vocabulary.

Please don't.

Oct 08, 2020
Kenny_Gage2 from Missouri

3.48/5  rDev +48.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Poured From a 16oz Pint Can:

L- Poured a clear light gold color like most lagers, but with a slightly darker hue. Poured a 1 finger head that quickly fizzed away. Good amount of carbonation, and no lacing.

S- Smells light & bready like a lager with a slightly toastier aroma coming from the barley & malts.

T- Taste is light, crisp, and clean with a taste like the nose. Not the best beer I've had, but definitely not the worst. Would drink again.

O- Overall a good beer that is conveniently available just about everywhere.

Oct 07, 2020
PFDR0054 from Illinois

It looks, smells, tastes, and feels like backyard BBQs in the St Louis metro area where we grew up drinking this whilst listening to the Cardinals on KMOX.

Sep 30, 2020
hamptonbrandon from Wales

1.57/5  rDev -32.9%

Honestly dreadful. I only drink it when it's the only option and I'm bored at the party. The look is average, but way too carbonated. You have to pour it with medical-grade precision or else you'll get a glass full of foam and pure water. The smell is that of a skunk's spray-- strongly of alcohol and barely to be kind.

The taste is like piss mixed with club soda. Only after getting hammered is it somewhat enjoyable because your taste buds don't know what's hitting them. It starts off as an average lager, but the sour notes then come through and pretty much stab my tongue. The aftertaste is horrible.

It's a cheap beer sold everywhere. Try it yourself and see what I mean. It's hard to put these sensations into words.

Sep 12, 2020
ewpass from Canada (PE)

2.96/5  rDev +26.5%

Clear pale yellow with a tall head. It looks good. Even a little lacing on the sides as you drink down. Sadly ... standard sweet corn vegetable nose. Light sweet malt body, inoffensive. Decent crispness makes it acceptable for style.

Aug 28, 2020
Beer_Right_Back from Arizona

We feel that bud has a unique metallic flavor that separates it from the other Macro American lagers. Some of us have nostalgia for it, but even then, we understand that this beer is barely passing at best.

Aug 25, 2020