Budweiser

Gots
SCORE
Awful
BudweiserBudweiser
Notes: Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
Reviews: 1,784 | Ratings: 6,618
2.56/5  rDev +9.9%

By no means is this a great beer - there are many other American lagers that make the grade, like Yuengling or Coors Banquet. I do believe its name is an affront on the Budweis name, which is a region that is generally regarded to be the apex of lager beers. With that out of the way, it's a decent beer, given it's a massively produced macrobrew. The smooth, wheaty taste makes it a great beer to slam with some buddies or drink on a hot summer day. I think it's a far better beer than Anheuser-Busch's other endeavors, like Michelob Ultra or Bud Light. Plus this beer is brewed with 100% renewable electricity from wind power. What's not to love about that?

2.88/5  rDev +23.6%

Look: Pale yellow with a crisp head
Smell: Skunky and grainy
Taste: grainy, finish is slightly sweet
Feel: very smooth and clean, medium carbonation.
Overall: Not spectacular but nostalgia boosts the rating

4.03/5  rDev +73%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Appearance: Pours a bubbly, pale yellow, Egyptian sand color with a lacey and crisp white head. SRM of 7. (3.75)

Aroma: Aromas of lemongrass and flower, followed by a honey sweetness. (3.75)

Flavor: Light grain flavor upfront. Then comes some orange citrus. Followed by a white read, flour, and honey finish. Finishes sweet, but light. Nice grain and yeast flavors. (4.25)

Feel: Very smooth, but clean mouthfeel. Good carbonation. Faint honey sweetness left on the palate. (4.00)

Overall: For a staple of American macrolagers, this is pretty good. Nice rounded flavors of citrus, grains, and honey. Not really any adjuncts that I detect. Better than I was expecting. (Final Rating: 4.03)

3.64/5  rDev +56.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

(25 oz can, 29OCT19 BK2252; purchased cold... poured into 28 oz mug - - REVIEW #1500)

L: brilliantly, polished-clear, yellow-gold liquid; tall, crackly white foam... thin collar remains, but very little lace (3.5)

S: dried-grassy, vaguely peppery zip first out; subtly green-leafy undercurrent; lightly-doughy pils malt buried in the back... after the foam recedes, shows more of a dewy biscuit note (3.25)

T: relatively fresh-tasting, softly bready, cereal malt flavor - bolder than anticipated; delicate back-end bitterness which may be as much (or more) carbonic-acid influenced than hops... subtly-toasty, cereal aftertaste, faintly grassy-bitter, with the slightest peppery-spicy tingle... fair degree of malt sustain; dry base, but not quite watery (3.75)

F: light-bodied, but with a mellow malty swell across the front half of the palate; relatively tapered, smooth finish, but doesn't exactly woosh away bone-dry... once the spritzy sizzle calms, it reveals a touch more body (4)

O: in high school, I seldom drank this - less than a handful of times, really - but when I did, I always seemed to get queasy or dizzy for some reason, sometimes off one bottle, but after the second time I got head-spinning sick from only two bottles, I stayed away from it; thought it tasted like brackish pond swill anyhow... cut to a decade ago: at an outdoor night concert in a park during summer, and the only beer available around me was Bud; wasn't in the mood to be picky, so I got a draft and it was admittedly just what I needed, not that I became a convert... Bud, you've made me ill, made me chill, but you're still swill, and I salute you with review # (1500)

1.42/5  rDev -39.1%

Had out of a can last weekend. Some fermented rice wine character on the nose that carries through in flavor. This flavor is pronounced and makes this generally a hard beer to drink. I do not like revisiting this beer ever.

Look: Looks like an American icon. Everyone knows what the Chevy logo looks like, and everyone knows what the Budweiser logo looks like. I’m pretty dang sure it’s in the constitution if you don’t have an American flag for the national anthem you can hold up a case of Bud

Smell: The smell reminds me of the inside of my daddy’s 77 Silverado before he left me and momma. I use to wake him up in there and hand him one of the unopened Buds from the seat before he took off to work.

Taste: This is what beer is spose to taste like. It’s how god wanted it when he gave the recipe to the pilgrims on Noah’s ark. Y’all hippy dippy skinny boys can keep yalls dry hopped IPAs. Bud is beechwood aged. I ain’t never seen any other beer that had that.

Feel: I don’t really know what to put here. If it’s in a can it feels like a can. If it’s in a bottle, it feels like a bottle. Personally I only drink it in cans. It’s usually cold but it’s just as good if it ain’t cold.

Overall: This is the best dang beer ever invented. If you say you hate it then you must hate America. Budweiser is America, that’s why some them new cans just say America on em.

2.25/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Strong, heavy corn taste. To think this is the national beer of the USA in the 21st century leads one to scratch your head. On a side note-- I had this at the Paris airport a few weeks ago and the beer brewed in the Czech Republic is miles above the one in STL

1.1/5  rDev -52.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

Usually skunk slight taste of beechwood which is used just to speed up the lagering process and finish the beer as quickly as possible, watery, poor carbonation. When Anheuser-busch sold out to inbev a Belgian company they put billboards everywhere proclaiming “Americas beer”

2.23/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

On tap. Clear straw color with some white head. Smells of grain. Light feel. Some sweet grain taste up front followed by crisp rice flavors. No hop presence at all. I honestly don't know why people drink this. There's hardly any flavor at all. The rice is probably the best part, but if you're into that there are Asian rice beers that are much better.

1.68/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

This one was a beer of choice before I knew beer, still smelled like a dirty bar room and looked like piss, but I had many of these in my youth and so it's permanently in my sickened heart.

3.73/5  rDev +60.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Pours a clear straw with just a hint of fog to it. Head is a finger in height, white in color and retains well. Aroma is straw, spicy, herbal hops and bready, biscuity, crackery malts. It has a light dryness to it. Flavor profile is bready, biscuity, crackery malts and spicy, herbal hops in a lightly dry blend. Mouth feel is medium with a crispness up front that loses a little focus and turns fuzzy at the back. Overall, this is a straightforward pilsner with no distractions.

Served in a 15.5oz Spiegalau tulip from a 16oz can.

3.7/5  rDev +58.8%

The best way to drink this is straight out of the can or (2) the bottle. Strange how the can holds the flavor way more than a glass. Nice, light and sweet great session beer for sports. Uncomplicated and satisfying. Beers like Sam, etc that brag about their complexity are too full and bitter. I often stray but always return to the King.

1.06/5  rDev -54.5%

only had it twice. and the sole thing it gave me those two times was an eventual splittin' headache.

so consider this jaundiced score my revenge. bwah. ha. ha.

3.03/5  rDev +30%

From a bottle at bar...smells faintly of marijuana/skunk. Taste is faintly skunky and sweet. Still a decent lager for a macro, although I'd stick with a Miller if a choice was present.

2.24/5  rDev -3.9%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a Shaker pint glass, "FRESHEST BEFORE" date "08APR19".

APPEARANCE: pours a clear, light yellow color with less than one finger white head that quickly dissipated until a ring of small bubbles remained around the rim of glass, very poor retention, there is almost no lacing on the glass, medium carbonation.

SMELL: there is no smell, I don't know what else to write.

TASTE: initially sweet sugar then Beechwood on the finish, where are the hops?

PALATE: light body and medium carbonation.

OVERALL: my dad used to drink a Bud after mowing the lawn, he would mix it with tomato juice and only had one, I also saw him drink it when fishing with his friends, he let me have a sip one time and my mother was so pissed off but, it made me feel like a man, it tastes exactly the same as when I drank it in 1975, now I know why dad used to mix it with tomato juice, it's really bland.

3.05/5  rDev +30.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

This is good, no doubt about it. Decent presentation with a good look and barely there smell. The cans of these puppies though always look so satisfying and tasting these, theres a nice sweetness about it and little bit of hop. If you want a 30 rack, go for the King

1.24/5  rDev -46.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

So I’m at my step-niece’s field hockey game telling this completely inept ref how the game should be called, and my mate Gordon Blevins rolls up (jazzy chair) with a 2.5 pack of Bud. He said he drank the other 3.5 at home, but I’m pretty sure I see all 3 bottles on his dashboard still sweating. He polishes off number 4, knocks out aforementioned ref with it, and inserts himself in the game as a harbinger of slow-rolling justice.

After I lift my jaw from the ground and stymie the NARB that started rising when Gordon concussed the ref, I open both remaining Budweisers. The explosion of premium flavor that ensues is almost more than my simple brain can contend with. I am transported. Like, to flavor country.

POUR: Don’t. This shit isn’t meant for cups.

COLOR: I haven’t poured it, but it’s transparent yellow on the way out.

TASTE: Quintessentially beery. Tastes like America, the sweat that forms under the fold of your gut, and blissful ignorance.

MOUTHFEEL: Lightly effervesced water.

SMELL: Wouldn’t recommend doing that.

3.96/5  rDev +70%

33cl bottle, 7m old.

Very light straw, extremely clear. Foam is weak, disappears completely, no lace.

Nose is grain, not a strong aroma, but it is exactly as a well-made pils ought to smell like. Very little hops, though. Diacetyl notes.

Taste has even clearer diacetyl mixing with the subdued element of grain. And an understated crispness and edge, presumably from rice. Pleasant, smooth mouthfeel. No hop taste either in terms of aroma or bitterness, which is the main shortcoming... the crispness is the only element bringing any contrast to the smoothness.

In summary, a flawlessly executed subdued hopless version of pils/pilsner..Very well done for what it is trying to achieve. Unjustly over-vilified in my opinion. The diacetyl is not 'corn', maize does not provide much taste at all, and afaik Budweiser does not even have it. Use of rice is no more to sneer at than the Bohemian and German use of it in a very similar fashion at the end of 19th century. Adjunct process is a cornerstone of witbier, why would it be a crime here? A lot of craft beer is poorly balanced and inconsistent and shows little skill. Whether this style is very exciting is another matter, but you cannot fault the execution, as there is very little to hide behind. I suggest trying to make a flawless light lager of your own.

2.26/5  rDev -3%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Honestly, it’s not that bad. I was never a big Budweiser drinker back in the day - Bud Light was much more commonly available - but it’s cheap, easy to find, quenches the thirst and is very widely accepted by all. Looks fairly clear, golden, clean with a little foaming white head that quickly dissipated. No real lacing to speak of. Smells mainly of grain and corn, just a little malt. Tastes similarly, with very little aftertaste. No skunkiness or bitterness. Clean, thin mouthfeel and decent carbonation. Goes flat fairly rapidly, however. All in all, a safe beer but not my go-to AAL.

1.5/5  rDev -35.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Cerveza popular, industrial, inferior a muchas de su estilo y precio. Ligera, de baja carbonatación y de color dorado. Aroma suave a malta. En boca es acuosa, con poco que destacar.

2.19/5  rDev -6%

I can't tell you the last time I had a Budweiser, but we had a Super Bowl party and I bought a six pack for one of our guests. He decided to drink wine, so...
Pours a clear yellow/gold with a white head that disappears quickly.
Faint aroma of grain.
Faint taste of corn.
Thirst-quenching like water is.
Just a crappy beer,

2.82/5  rDev +21%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Clear pale watery color, light head

Nose light malt, little sweet like, mild DMS, bitter notes and some off lager notes

Taste light pilsner malts, light lager, mild malt, very light, hint of DMS, mild skunky type flavor but not actually skunky, light finish

Mouth is lighter bod, decent carb

Overall eh, at least it's consistent, as typical for style by meh in general

2.75/5  rDev +18%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Was my daily drinker for the better part of twenty years.
Consistent from can to can, year to year. Always thought it was a nice, flavorful, smooth drinking beer.

2.73/5  rDev +17.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Light yellow in color with perfect clarity. Poured with a moderate, soapy white foam with low retention. Aroma of light malt notes with hints of cereal. Light bodied with high carbonation. Flavors are similar to aromas. Light malt and cereal flavors with light graininess followed acidic, medium light bitterness through the middle. Light grainy notes on the back end. Finished cleanly and  crisply with light corn cereal notes. It's been about 15 years since a had a Bud....basically since I discovered what good beer really is. There is nothing offensive with this beer. No off flavors or aromas. It doesn't taste bad. It just generally lacks character of any kind. No head, very light aromas, not much happening with feel, and lifeless flavor. On a positive note, it's better than Bud Light. Very easy drinking and crush able, but a pretty bland offering.

1.25/5  rDev -46.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

King of Yuck. If you want rice beer, go to Japan. Even Japanese people hate Budweiser. I am guessing of course because Japan makes some pretty good rice beer.

I used to drink this because my Redneck Friends like stuff that suck. Now my friends are all Dead Heads so PBR makes it over Bud.
Taste: Water with rice in it.
Smell: None.
Look: Like nothing.
Overall: Why bother?

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch