Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

1.22/5  rDev -48.3%

2.9/5  rDev +22.9%

3.7/5  rDev +56.8%

2.5/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.54/5  rDev -34.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

I can't believe I used to drink this beer almost 100% of the time back before I discovered craft. This is probably my least favorite AAL. Drinks like a light beer. Watery with no real flavors.

1.9/5  rDev -19.5%

If you can get past the rice water taste this is a good beer served cold. I think PBR is just a little better but has more corn after taste . Overall not the best offering from ANB but not the worst. A 6 pack of tall boys gets the job done on game day.

1.86/5  rDev -21.2%

L: It's a good thing this is heavily carbonated or I would've thought somebody pissed in my glass.
A: Smells like corn.
T: Tastes like the liquid that's in a can of corn.
F: Thin, watery liquid, heavily carbonated.
O: I believe Bud was the first beer I ever had about 45 years ago. I thought it was bad then, it's even worse now.

2.88/5  rDev +22%

12oz can bb 10/4/17 poured into a shaker pint at fridge temp 5% ABV. The beer pours bright and light straw in color. The head is white and lasts about 3 minutes before receding to an island of tiny bubbles. There is a hint of beer smell in the aroma. The taste is semisweet malt and then a semisweet aftertaste that hangs out for a minute. Mouthfeel is thin bodied, very carbonated and dry. Overall, good. I'm surprised, I expected this to be terrible even though it used to be my favorite. This is a good AAL. No off flavors or defects to my taste.

2.94/5  rDev +24.6%

I got into craft beer early, so I skipped on most of the big beers. Thought I'd try them so I could see what all the (anti-)hype was about. Today, it's Bud. 25 ounce tallboy with the "America" theme, poured into a large glass tankard.

Look: Clear, yellowish-gold. An aggressive pour gives three fingers of foamy head, that slowly dissipates to a thin ring. Not much in the way of lacing; any foam generated from swirling quickly slides down the glass, leaving no trace of its presence.

Smell: Very faint smell of ethanol and white bread, maybe a little corn. Not too strong, not too pleasant, but not offensive either.

Taste: It doesn't taste bad, per se, but it's very mild. The primary flavor is corn. Candy corn, to be exact, due to the sweetness of the malt. No strong hops flavor or bitterness. The hops are definitely present, keeping the sweetness in check, but not really standing out. Vaguely grassy aftertaste. Drinkable, refreshing, but a little bland.

Mouthfeel: The body is a bit thin and the carbonation is rather strong. It's very much like Perrier, and goes down smooth, making it easy to chug down.

Overall: As I said earlier, it doesn't really taste bad, it's just very simple and mild. The 5% ABV makes it a decent choice for a cheap buzz, if that's what you're looking for, as it drinks quickly. I probably won't buy any more, but if a friend handed me one at a barbecue, I wouldn't turn them down. I am, however, now very interested in tasting Bud Light, as I can't imagine something tasting too much lighter than this.

2.2/5  rDev -6.8%

Its a budweiser thats about it.

1.79/5  rDev -24.2%

Horse swill.

3.19/5  rDev +35.2%

2.73/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

2.01/5  rDev -14.8%

Gold in color with brilliant clarity. There's a fingernail of off white around the rim. I really tried but if there was any aroma it was of faint corn, but I might have imagined that. I'm tasting faintly corn flavored watery lager. The mouth is very thin and watery.

2.49/5  rDev +5.5%

2.67/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.75

3.64/5  rDev +54.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Screwed up when submitting my review, so rewriting this from memory:

Very pale golden color, brilliantly clear, pours a white head with limited retention.

A slightly sweet/grainy aroma, maybe a hint of corn initially. No hops

Flavor is like the aroma initially, but balances out by midmouth with a hint of a muted earthy hop flavor. Finishes very neutral and clean.

Low-med body, med-high carbonation.

I know my review will be way above average. Do I think Budweiser is a great beer? No. Do I think it does a good job of being a clean adjunct lager? yes. I've told people in the past if they amped up the bitterness and noble hop flavor it might be pretty decent. Maybe I'm wrong.

3.25/5  rDev +37.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.25/5  rDev +37.7%