Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Reviews: 1,660 | Ratings: 6,084
3.67/5  rDev +51%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Budweiser is like the McD's of beer. Its relatively cheap, a consistent product, and fairly satisfying for a simple lager. This is no gourmet burger..its a Big Mac. So just enjoy it for what it is..some easy drinking suds. Of course there are richer, more complex, and better beers out there, but when it comes to the popular domestic choices, I prefer this classic recipe over bud light, miller lite, heineken, corona, or coors any day.

3.46/5  rDev +42.4%

Solid beer out of the bottle. Always consistent. You can drink alot without ever getting sick or bloated. Delicious simple, clean, refreshing taste if served ice cold. Way better than most American and import macros.

3.06/5  rDev +25.9%

Budweiser is not my favorite beer. It has a clear yellow color, smells like fresh grains, and tastes like grain also. It is a beer that I will drink, but not my drink of choice.

3.43/5  rDev +41.2%

Overall a beer I will drink if I am will friends in the day but when it comes to treating myself this is not the beer I would choose. This beer is good for having a few with friends but not a craft beer.

2.93/5  rDev +20.6%

Look: Clear, pale yellow with a healthy lace that dissipates at a modest pace. Smell: Corn, fresh, grains. Taste: Crisp and sweet; carbonated with limited bitterness. Not very strong, or if you prefer, lacks a punch or kick some may like. Nothing stands out in particular but overall just a nice 'go to' beer to watch the game, do some chores or set up the BBQ with.

2.16/5  rDev -11.1%

Pours pale yellow with quickly vanishing white head that appear think but then diapers. Smells like an overly watered down American pilsner. Tastes lacking and awful. Beer for the masses.

2.17/5  rDev -10.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Aroma and flavor is malts/rice, mostly smooth and an easy finish. Kind of easy to forget I'm drinking it, but not bad as far as drinkablility, passable.

3.48/5  rDev +43.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

Look- Classic yellow corn color of with lots of carbonation bubbles
Smell- Smell of a classic domestic beer with hints of grain
Taste- Crisp taste with hint of grain
Overall- What you would expect out of a domestic full beer.

This beer is not bad at all I don't care what anyone says about it. Its great, its classic.
The look of it doesn't impress too much. Just like any other cheap corn beer it has a light yellow color to it. Nothing special there. The smell is actually ok, though. Slightly hoppy/corn/sweet smell for me. It tastes pretty good too. Better than Miller High Life which surprises me because that use to be my main cheap beer to go to all the time. It feels great going down, even when it's warm. Overall this beer is pretty good for the price. I've personally been missing out this whole time.

3.76/5  rDev +54.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Look - Poured into a mug, clear pale straw in color with a thin head that quickly dissolved. Lots of carbonation.

Smell - Vaguely sweet grain, mostly rice. "watery"

Tate - Crisp and grainy body, very very faint woodiness. Little sweetness. Dry aftertaste with next to no bitterness.

Feel - Light body, loads of carbonation, very dry.

Overall - Strange enough I enjoy this out of the bottle more than poured into a mug. One of my favorite examples of the style. The beechwood aging gives it a bit of uniqueness.

2.15/5  rDev -11.5%

This beer was golden in color, a medium color. The taste was light, and didn't have too much of a flavor. The smell was very faint and the foam was minimum when drinking out of the bottle. It was an OK beer, good for a cheap beer you might need but wouldn't highly recommend!

2.01/5  rDev -17.3%

Overall, the beer is below average. It is a typical tailgating, college beer. It would not be my every day beer I would drink. Living in West Michigan, I have been surrounded by Craft Breweries and Craft Beer. I would say that Budweiser does not come close to Bells, Founders, or Arcadia Beers.

A watery GMO corn based beer that is like drinking carbonated water. I didn't want to drink it again, but I had to remind myself just how bad this beer is in comparison to every other beer in the world - adjunct or not.

4.2/5  rDev +72.8%

Budweiser, budweiser, budweiser. Where to start with you, you old salty dog? You were a constant companion during my Freshman 45 and never faltered on delivering your "World Renowned" flavor.

"Porkchops in a can." I hear you say. More like "Budweiser is the man."

This comes served to me in an aluminum bottle, incrested with the seal of American prosperity ("Budweiser" written in a slight cursive font) with the promise to get me slightly closer to that American dream with every sip. Getting drunk off Budweiser and screaming at the cat that things were better the way they used to be.

What happened to the flying cars they promised? And who is this Cardishpanini family they keep talking about on the news?

I think I'll just crack another Budweiser with Andy Griffith and Barney Fife and watch the time tick on.

Now where's that cat...

2.75/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Hey, it is what it is. A basic adjunct brew that helps pace out the high dollar craft beers I have in my fridge. Goes down easily and has a malty taste. Not THAT bad in my opinion.

2.88/5  rDev +18.5%

I'm tired of these pretentious reviews, comparing this beer to other heavy, dense and complex beers. That's not what this is. You wouldn't rate a bag of rice a 1 just because it doesn't taste like Rice-a-Roni.

That being said, I think my favorite experience ever with a beer was with a Bud. I was at a Bulls game and was ridiculously thirsty. My girlfriend brought me back a Bud, and my God...I downed half of it and almost cried from the satisfaction. This is a very mild, watery beer with heavy carbonation. It's not particularly bitter, but not particularly sweet - it almost taste like a cup of water that had a piece of bread i. it for a week. While that sounds disgusting, and would be to beer snobs, it's actually quite refeshing!

Overall, I don't drink it on the reg, but I have no problem having it on a hot day, or when I'm thirsty. Sometimes you just can't over analyze things.

2.06/5  rDev -15.2%

There is really nothing positive I can say about this beer other than it was free and ice cold. Basically it is slightly flavored water, not worth the calories. Maybe on a really hot summer day it would be refreshing but certainly not in the dead of winter.

3.15/5  rDev +29.6%

It's Budweiser, you know what you are getting. It looks like every other cheap beer and tastes like your typical mass produced beer.

What makes this beer good is that enjoying them on the 4th of July or at a baseball game is as American as it gets and it doesn't taste too bad when it's only a couple times a year.

4.86/5  rDev +100%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I poured this out of a 12oz can into a glass tumbler.
I will be reviewing this beer against the AAL category.

A- Light golden yellow, lots of bubbles, clear, with a 1.5 finger head that quickly disappears to a ring in the glass.

S- Sweet grains, some malt. Fresh water. Nothing offensive.

T- I taste grains, a teeny tiny bit of hop bitterness, some ricey taste, a little malty. Very smooth.
It has a clean taste. Not offensive.
Very palatable.

Mouthfeel- Bubbly. Watery. Clean. Light.
It has a slight aftertaste: grainy and slightly malty, but it's nice and pleasant.

Overall- I think this beer is an excellent representative of an AAL.
Budweiser is smooth and easy to drink.
I think this will be my cheap to-go beer from now on. It's very refreshing.
Pretty good for $19.86 for a 30pack, all tax and crv included.

2.42/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Budweiser is definitely not the best of the big corporate brews. Like the rest, it drinks like water and has a largely inoffensive taste, but it leans to the hoppy side for an American adjunct lager. Unfortunately, the overall effect is just too empty and the balance too clumsy to really feel refreshing. Even if you're looking for a mindless, crushable offering, you can do much better for yourself. I'll always be scratching my head over how this became such an American icon.

1.72/5  rDev -29.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a cylindricalish drinking glass. Best before 25 December 2016.
2.25/1.5/1.5/2.25/2
A: Pale, clear, and effervescent. Light head immediately dissipates. Straw-gold and pellucid.
S: The fetid, sweet grain floats above the glass and is immediately distinguishable. Mixed with skunky/earthy hops.
T/M: Fizzy-sweet and initially refreshing. There's something akin to the SEA rice lagers here; it's quaffable cold and in quantity. Here, under scrutiny, under less arctic conditions, it fails to please. (Note to self-- if drinking, do not decant into a glass.) A mild touch of zest enlivens an otherwise shit-grain beer that is sour, thin, and vegetal (un-bitter). The aftertaste veers with a drunk's overcompensation, ranging from acrid, cheesy, and foul to clean, sweet, bubbly, and organic. The bipolar finish cannot justify the frankly paltry maintaste.
O: This is just barely drinkable...cold, from the bottle. Any opportunity to showcase its qualities should be avoided. Drink this as and when intended, and you'll be just fine. Half this iteration is going into the sink.

4.71/5  rDev +93.8%

Hey, I have to agree with at least one other reviewer. Look, I love many craft beers but sometimes you just want the pure and honest taste of a Bud. IMHO, it has a unique refreshing character all it's own. An ice cold Bud at the end of a hard day sometimes is the just what the doctor ordered.

1.73/5  rDev -28.8%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

L -- Incredibly clear and light. Quickly dissipating head
S -- Weak malt
T -- Like the taste of carbonated water after being left open overnight and ...bananas?
F -- weak
O -- Only good in a 40oz bottle.

1.13/5  rDev -53.5%

Pours a clear golden color, one-finger foamy head that dissipates quickly.
Very faint nose.
Tastes very bland. A little crisp. Barely even a hint of flavor at all.
Feels very watered down.
Typical mass-produced swill. How this beer is so popular is beyond me. Absolutely terrible. I see why Eric Idle says "American beer is like making love in a canoe."

Yellow golden color and white foamy head that fades pretty fast. Smell is of grain and soapy water. Taste is mild on hops, lots of grain and notes of some rice in there. Pretty typical mass produced beer. I have to drink these ice cold, not a fan when warm. I would not turn one down but not top of my list regarding cheap beers.

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch