Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Ratings: 6,273 |  Reviews: 1,709
3.78/5  rDev +60.2%

My go-to session value beer. For me bud is delicious and goes down easy. Its an underrated lager that gets a bad rap. Its always fresh and the rice and the beechwood aging give it a subtle but unique finish. As for the look and feel, yeah its not great, but that doesn't even matter to me- its all about the crisp, fresh finish at a great price point.

3.92/5  rDev +66.1%

1.31/5  rDev -44.5%

1.66/5  rDev -29.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

12 oz bottle into a pint glass.

L---Light golden with a white head that dissipates quickly and leaves no lacing.

S---Sweet. Can notice the rice it's brewed with.

T---Watery without any real noticeable characteristics. A bit of sweetness, but no real hops or malt backbone.

F---Wet, like water. Some ok carbonation.

O---My friend's father (a German immigrant) used to say of Budweiser, "Bah...Chinese rice beer". He did not mean that as a compliment. I can't think of a better way to describe it.

2.53/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

3.4/5  rDev +44.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

2.76/5  rDev +16.9%

Look, it is what it is. Budweiser's isn't goin to wow you with complex notes or wonderful aroma... It is, however, very drinkable and finishes nicely. I think Bud has a perception problem because (among other things) Bud Light is so terribly retched. People remember how awful Light is so they assume that Bud is just as bad... That's not true.

** I've been drinking craft for over a decade. I used to scoff at the idea of drinking a few AAL's but as time went by, I slowly came back to try the old stand byes... I can actually appreciate these beers now while also realizing that there are better brews out there. People who look down their nose at beers like Bud haven't yet hit that point in their beer evolution to fully appreciate it for what it is and just enjoy it. I was a hardcore hop head for years but i feel like I'm burnt out on it. Let me know if this type of evolution has happen to any of you guys yet

2.38/5  rDev +0.8%

Bud is the old stand by. Still sucks in my opinion. If it is ice cold and you just did construction all day in Florida it tastes good! Once slightly warm the truth comes out. Brewers rice does not belong in any beer. Saki maybe.

1.86/5  rDev -21.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

3.51/5  rDev +48.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This is the style of beer I generally like, AAL fan that I am. Bud has been what I get when nothing more interesting or rare in this tradition is available when I go to restaurants. Still, it is over-priced in comparison to other beers of similar quality. Occasionally I will buy a 24 oz. if priced right, otherwise, I nod to bud and drink my Pabst or Old Milwaukee. Bud is generally better than most AALs in terms of reliably quality, I'll give it that.

2.64/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Budweiser - 12oz can, 100% natural motif. Latest string of new labels. That unique, soft rice aftertaste with mild carbonation is like a new waxed car, be it the toyota corolla or ford fiesta. Will drinking the slew of mild, tame beers over here wind up heightening my taste perceptions or dull them into atrophy? Doing a sort of horizontal tasting, looking for differences, this is definitely rounder, like the American physique, and has a bigger head. Light and sweet, faintly dry and if you swish it real hard, you can pick up some flavoring hops.

1.26/5  rDev -46.6%

2.5/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.17/5  rDev -50.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

3.78/5  rDev +60.2%

1.25/5  rDev -47%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

I haven’t had one of these in about 30 yrs so I thought I’d compare it to what I remember from back then. Poured from a 24 oz mega can $1.99 at Randall’s into my favorite cheap clear glass. I was surprised at the pale weak looking color and the smell was unidentifiable grain. Despite a large white head it dissipates almost immediately. The taste is watery followed by a sourness that sticks to the roof of your mouth and never goes away. Very flat carbonation. Wow, I don’t remember it being this bad.

3.6/5  rDev +52.5%

I don't know why some people hate this lager but I find it pretty cool. It has a nice smooth and sweet finish which is very palatable even after warming up.The rice is slightly dominant in this beer.
(will update this review with more details next time I am drinking it)

2.31/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.25

Rice macro. King of beers? To some. I never dug it.

2.48/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3.49/5  rDev +47.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

2.75/5  rDev +16.5%