Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Ratings: 6,193 |  Reviews: 1,686
1.1/5  rDev -54.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

O.K., here's the deal. I haven't had a bud in years. When I drink cheap I drink Miller. I was just given a free bud with lunch from a buddy of mine though so here we go.

Poured from a bottle into a glass to try to get the best possible results. Smells ... kind of like an old barn. hey smell? Hey and carbonation. Looks exactly like a glass of my pee. There is a small head that quickly (instantaneously) evaporates into nothing. There is a very slight cling to the glass...all thin carbonation. It doesn't stick though, it just leaves the glass looking spot glean like I just rinsed it out. The taste ... The mouth feel is thin and instantly washes away into flat carbonation. Then the hey taste very quickly followed by lime and ... baking soda. I get a tongue full of baking soda. This is God awful beer, if you can call it that. It's like drinking ... it's like when you used to brush your teeth with baking soda as a kid. In short...you would have to be looking for a very cheap buzz to drink this stuff. You have to be a bit of an alchi to get any enjoyment at all. Basically, I'm going to wait until my friend goes and takes a leak and then have the bar tender drain pour it. Then I'm going to order some onion rings. I have no idea how people drink this stuff.

3.88/5  rDev +59.7%

Had to take a taste of Budweiser now that I know what I know and taste how I taste, poured from a can into a Pint glass showed a clear yellow/golden brew with a 2 finger head that went South fast. Nothing much came through in the aroma, the mouthfeel was crisp and clean with a refreshing finish. Taste was simple as you should expect from a adjunct Lager, the fact that you can find this all over the World should hint at the respect it deserves from the standpoint of the Brewmasters who started this brand on its path. That being said beers such as Grain Belt have more flavor "sweet corn" to speak of but aren't found in almost every store in the United States, people can afford it, find it and pound it....that's what makes it The King of Beers...not the best beer by any means...neither were most Kings if you think about it...but a beer that is one of the best at being what it was brewed to be...a popular beer for the people.

3.5/5  rDev +44%